SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-13, 11:15 PM   #10411
southfillyboy2p0
Nub

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
add this mod to your list
FX Update torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=832
Thanks, that fixed it.

Last edited by southfillyboy2p0; 07-05-13 at 12:11 AM.
southfillyboy2p0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 08:03 PM   #10412
rolandslaw
Bosun

Downloads: 66
Default Hydrophon no target sound small protract and ruler

Gents:

I have SH5 v1.2 installed. I have installed in this order .... NEWUIs 7.4.2, Mighty fine Crew and Command keys latest one.

I am running the TED tutorials on how to use hydros for target solution. Even though the sonar man is reporting a contct along a brg u can not hear it? I am at 18 meters deep.

The stock protractor and ruler are incredibly small does 7.4.2 have alternatives? I can set to True? I located a new mod for cursor and KM tools ..

I have posted similar questions in dif forum threads....

Thank you,

Roland
rolandslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 09:03 PM   #10413
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Roland, maybe you could try this after NewUIs, to solve your problem (pick up the ones you want inside - not all!): http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181432
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 04:18 AM   #10414
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandslaw View Post
I am running the TED tutorials on how to use hydros for target solution. Even though the sonar man is reporting a contct along a brg u can not hear it? I am at 18 meters deep.
I think you have to install this mod too (Gap@my fix requires) - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4002

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 01:21 PM   #10415
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186

Firstly, many thanks to all the modders. I received SH5 as a birthday gift years ago and was sorely disappointed with its original version, until I found this community and its mods. After 2 years I still spend many a late night glued to the periscope with all the improvements to the vanilla game.

I have a question about Radio Messages ( in the English folder ). I notice all of the special characters in the Radio Messages come up 'glitched' while playing the game [EG: Kr�fte instead of Kräfte]. Playing around with the radiomessage.txt file in Notepad I notice that they are saved as UTF-8. If I correct a special character AND save the file under UTF-16 then it appears correctly in-game.

So, are the radio messages in the Mod saved as an incorrect format, or is it something I missed in the Mod install / options?

I'm using 7-zip 9.20 to unpack the mod. I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I'm using NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith but this problem goes back as far as version NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0 ( the oldest version I still have ) and I see the same issue with the stand-alone Radio_Messages_1_2_0_Non-NewUIs.

Any thoughts / fixes?

Thanks.
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 01:37 PM   #10416
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze View Post
I have a question about Radio Messages ( in the English folder ). I notice all of the special characters in the Radio Messages come up 'glitched' while playing the game [EG: Kr�fte instead of Kräfte]. Playing around with the radiomessage.txt file in Notepad I notice that they are saved as UTF-8. If I correct a special character AND save the file under UTF-16 then it appears correctly in-game.

So, are the radio messages in the Mod saved as an incorrect format, or is it something I missed in the Mod install / options?
Those radio message files were created by an app I made. I probably didn't tell the app to save as UTF-16
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 01:40 PM   #10417
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Those radio message files were created by an app I made. I probably didn't tell the app to save as UTF-16
Ah, thanks. It's not a big issue. Perhaps corrected in next version?
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 01:43 PM   #10418
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze View Post
Ah, thanks. It's not a big issue. Perhaps corrected in next version?
Depends. If the source files the app used to make those radio message files from have the weird characters in them then they will always be there.
Old 07-08-13, 01:44 PM   #10419
ygirouard
Seaman

Downloads: 48
Default Encoding problem with all radiomessages.txt files

@TheDarkWraith: I'm using your mod (finally got it to work fine after disabling some of the Generic Patcher patches and mod options which were causing CTDs for me) and enabled radio messages, and noticed that many messages contained non-ascii characters and didn't display properly. Before you tell me I did, I've never edited the radiomessages.txt files and only used JSGME to activate the mod and your Options editor to manage the settings of the mod. I only opened it myself to look at it but never saved it, so they came like this with your mod. I did see the yellow warning message in one of your threads where you mention to always save the options file as unicode, but I checked and it's not the problem.

See for yourself:

UltraEdit (the editor I used to check the file) should be able to display the proper "Ü" characters if they were truly entered and saved as utf8 unicode, but it's showing unknown character symbols instead, so it look slike there was an invalid conversion done at some point...

Do you know how to fix this?
ygirouard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 01:45 PM   #10420
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygirouard View Post
UltraEdit (the editor I used to check the file) should be able to display the proper "Ü" characters if they were truly entered and saved as utf8 unicode, but it's showing unknown character symbols instead, so it look slike there was an invalid conversion done at some point...

Do you know how to fix this?
See starting here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ostcount=10431
Old 07-08-13, 01:55 PM   #10421
ygirouard
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
ok... ...thanks, but this is not really helping... what am I supposed to do with this?

"Those radio message files were created by an app I made. I probably didn't tell the app to save as UTF-16"

this statement doesn't say what to do to fix it or if you will release a fixed version or not... am I supposed to open each file with your radio message editor and save them as UTF-16 or should I wait for you to release a fixed version?

EDIT: Nevermind... the link opened the post in a separate window without showing what followed... I read your other posts... so in other words, if the source is bad, you won't fix it... nice.

Can I just disable those modified radio messages in your mod (keeping th erest of it) and use the stock radio messages instead?

Last edited by ygirouard; 07-08-13 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-08-13, 02:13 PM   #10422
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygirouard View Post
..Can I just disable those modified radio messages in your mod (keeping th erest of it) and use the stock radio messages instead?
Stock game doesn't contain this type of radio messages..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 02:22 PM   #10423
ygirouard
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Stock game doesn't contain this type of radio messages..
I know, I meant whatever is there in stock game. You know, the box that pops up when the BDU responds to a status report with more instructions for your patrol? How can I get that back while keeping TDW's UI mod?
Old 07-08-13, 02:29 PM   #10424
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

ygirouard, if those little glitches bother you in radio messages, open TDW radio message folder, and change manually all the letters containing the glitche by a normal letter (without any accent or ¨)
It should work, and there aren't that much to change
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 03:31 PM   #10425
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
ygirouard, if those little glitches bother you in radio messages, open TDW radio message folder, and change manually all the letters containing the glitche by a normal letter (without any accent or ¨)
It should work, and there aren't that much to change
I checked the source file the app I made extracted all the radio messages from and all the special characters are correct. This means my app I made to extract those is wrong. I'm updating the app and hope to release updated radio messages here soon

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui