SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-07, 05:29 AM   #1021
Overkill
Frogman

Downloads: 128
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeler59
We need that patch.I have stopped playing it because of the irrational behavior of the AI.
I second that. The game only needs a little more to make it complete. Don't let us down, UBI.
Old 05-20-07, 05:34 AM   #1022
Rafter11
Watch

Downloads: 0
Default AOB Problems

For some reason the periscope view of the angle on the bow is often very different than the actual AOB. The correct AOB can be obtained by plotting the target course, getting a good range and meausering the angle between the target course and the sub to target line. Often that result gives a far different AOB than one would estimate by looking at the target through the periscope.

I think this is a bug that along with others needs to be fixed by a 1.3 patch.

Rafter11
Old 05-20-07, 05:34 AM   #1023
KPII
Seaman

Downloads: 17

I just registered on the forum in order to sign the petition - hereby done. I'll also support any constructive initiatives to pursade the company to deliver a working product.

Last edited by KPII; 05-20-07 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-20-07, 05:50 AM   #1024
r00t@localhost
Nub

Don't release erroneous and incomplete software and stop supporting it three months later. *signed*
Old 05-20-07, 06:06 AM   #1025
Alan
Mate

Downloads: 10

This SH4 game is away and beyond the best subsim out since Sh3,which was the benchmark others will follow..Looking forward to the next patch it should make it nearly perfect hopefully..
Old 05-20-07, 06:13 AM   #1026
Perseus
Mate

Downloads: 3

Haven't bought SH4 on the basis of the gazillion error-reports posted here and elsewhere, put off buying it until the majority of people here would say that it's close to 100%.

So therefore: SIGNED
Old 05-20-07, 06:20 AM   #1027
TaggedYa
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

I'd say I want my money back but after several other disapointments from Ubi I didn't buy SH4. If it ever gets finished I will pick it up in a bargan bin somewhere. Personaly I wish the modders would shift their vast talents to the open source sub sim project. Then we wouldn't have to beg anyone for patches.
Old 05-20-07, 06:57 AM   #1028
Blackbird_402
Bilge Rat

Patch 1.3 for incomplete software, please !!!

Marcel Frick
Germany
Old 05-20-07, 07:02 AM   #1029
Gasman
Nub

Downloads: 16

Please UBI fix this game asap.
Old 05-20-07, 07:03 AM   #1030
legion33
Bilge Rat

Default Finish the game

I Have been left hanging at least a dozen times when other companies could not or would not add fix patchs to products that were not completed on release. I hope Ubisoft isnt one of them.
Old 05-20-07, 07:04 AM   #1031
Ze
Nub

Downloads: 31

[quote=sunvalleyslim]Neal is the heart and soul of Subsim. com.
If Neal is asking, he is asking for the community.
He knows the lifes blood that flow thru this forum.
He knows greatness when it's there
He knows what this community is looking for
He wants those who believe to step forward
He wants those that can, to change for the better
He knows what this community wants
And if he asks for change, then it is best to stand up and listen
Listen to those who have made "SH" what it is..........

Agreed! Lets stick together! All hands battlestations! SH IV patch now! These series deserve more respect!
Old 05-20-07, 07:05 AM   #1032
robj250
Sea Lord

Location: Port Hardy, BC, Canada 75 yo with M.S. & C.O.P.D. & heart problems
Downloads: 1
Default In the wind

Someone mentioned BattleCruiser 3000 in this thread. BattleCruisers came from the Blizzard's game Starcraft which I have played since it came out and still play it. Now Blizzard is going to release Starcraft2. Just thought I'd mentioned it.

I still play SHIII even though I've already won the war once, so am starting over again. I'm sticking with you for now Ubi, so please finish the product you started - with a patch which will fix all the bugs in SH4.

My EnemyBeneath website contains a link to my Starcraft website.
Old 05-20-07, 07:13 AM   #1033
Trekkman
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 24

*signed*

We need another patch.
Old 05-20-07, 07:22 AM   #1034
weedmate
Bilge Rat

Patch it!!

Game is impossible to play seriously its just broken. I stopped playing it after the first campaign mission. I may play it from time to time but thats just becouse i like the beatiful graphics and never more than 15 - 25 minutes. To many bugs. We need a patch/patches. I payed 40$ for a game i cant even play.

Patch it!!!
Old 05-20-07, 07:35 AM   #1035
Condor96
Watch

Downloads: 4

I'm a long time gamer, since the 80's my first PC was a Vic-20, many probably never heard of those,needless to say I have purchased many games,good ones bad ones, but never one that had more bugs than SH4,totally unbelievable that this game was released in such an incomplete state. I have all four Silent Hunters.When I started SH1 I'm like 'wow this is so cool', when I heard there was gonna be an SH2 man I couldnt wait, got it and was impressed. Then I heard about SH3, I'm thinking gee if its gonna get better that this I gotta have it. got it, thinking 'wow this is the best', then started getting mods then Grey Wolf, I was inspired how can it get any better than this. Then I hear SH4 coming out Im thinking 'if this is gonna be better that SH3 its gonna be awesome'. What a let down no one had to tell me there was bugs I knew it from the get go. I have other Ubi games like Brother in Arms and some others that Im totally happy with, and I was just dumbfounded that this game SH4 was just crap, I could not believe that any self respecting company could release such an incomplete game especially Ubi, I expected more from them.
However, the graphics are very,very good gotta admit that, but I want to do more than just look, I want a challenge, I want my systems to work correctly. I want my crew to do there jobs, is that too much to ask? This SH4 has the potential to be the best combat sim ever, Ubi needs to stand up and make good for the mistakes they made for releasing an unfinished game as im sure they will, in my book Ubi has a good reputation for great games, I hope they dont let me down, if they give up on SH4 I'll never buy another Ubi game and I dont think I'll stand alone on that.

Looking forward for the new patch.
Condor
Closed Thread