SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-13, 07:04 PM   #10111
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Sorry to ask again TDW, but what this option is supposed to do?
Either on true or false, i don't see nothing happening, and the color filters are always working in scopes
This is not scope's filter.. this is GUI filter.. look at your map at night..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 07:38 PM   #10112
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 457

So many features
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 10:13 PM   #10113
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Test version 7.5.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?t55adiec9sgv0za

This test version is testing the new destroyed marks code. The mod will be able to show destroyed marks for land, sea, air, and submarine units. The destroyed mark will show the date the unit was killed, the unit's name (i.e. Liberty Cargo), whether it was enemy, neutral, or friendly, tonnage, latitude and longitude and some other items that aren't coming to me currently.

In order to test this you need this test version and minimum v1.0.107.0 of my Generic Patcher with the new Destroyed Marks patch enabled for the SH5.exe.

What you are testing:
- game does not CTD when unit is destroyed
- a proper destroyed mark is placed on the nav map (air, land, sea, or submarine)
- destroyed marks are shown on the nav map when the unit is destroyed for both single missions and campaigns
- for campaigns: when you load a campaign that had units destroyed the destroyed units are shown properly on the nav map (if you have never used my Generic Patcher then this will not work - you simply just need to run my Generic Patcher for this to be enabled)
- when you mouse into the destroyed mark a box is shown with all the pertinent data for the destroyed unit
- the destroyed mark is placed in the correct position on the nav map (exactly where the unit was destroyed)

Your anti-virus software may complain about the TDWDestroyedMarks.dll. I have to read/write process memory for this to work and thus some anti-virus software will not like some of the code it sees in that file.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-27-13 at 10:32 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 10:51 PM   #10114
Fifi
Navy Seal

Test will begin very soon
Great, but i guess game will remember those marks each save/load?
Old 05-27-13, 10:55 PM   #10115
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Test will begin very soon
Great, but i guess game will remember those marks each save/load?
In campaign only. Campaign writes all destroyed units to a file in the campaign folder. The mod reads this file to build the destroyed units when in a campaign game. If you have ever used my Generic Patcher then it has automatically updated your SH5.exe to fix the problem with the writing of the destroyed units to this file. It has also added some new entries to each destroyed unit in this file.

In single mission games the mod will display the destroyed units but they will not be saved.

I'm coding in the ability to show all destroyed marks, only current game session's destroyed marks, or none. There will be some kind of UI for this. I might even add the ability to show destroyed marks by type (i.e. land, air, sea, or submarine).

I'm also thinking about color coding the destroyed marks to side of unit: i.e. blue for friendly, red for enemy, green for neutral. I'll make user options if I do this so that you can define the color of each one.

Any other ideas let me know

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-27-13 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-27-13, 11:29 PM   #10116
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Test version 7.5.0 available here:
Great!

Quote:
Your anti-virus software may complain about the TDWDestroyedMarks.dll. I have to read/write process memory for this to work and thus some anti-virus software will not like some of the code it sees in that file.

Quote:
In campaign only. Campaign writes all destroyed units to a file in the campaign folder. The mod reads this file to build the destroyed units when in a campaign game.
I hope only sub-campaign.. or whole career campaign?

Quote:
I'm coding in the ability to show all destroyed marks, only current game session's destroyed marks, or none. There will be some kind of UI for this. I might even add the ability to show destroyed marks by type (i.e. land, air, sea, or submarine).
I think it's a good idea, sub-campaign or game session or none.. as for marks by type, maybe it's not needed because not much other targets than sea targets

Quote:
I'm also thinking about color coding the destroyed marks to side of unit: i.e. blue for friendly, red for enemy, green for neutral. I'll make user options if I do this so that you can define the color of each one.
These colors (blue, green, red) already present in the game, and the other colors filter is not necessary.. I think so

Quote:
Any other ideas let me know
Yes, sir

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 05-28-13, 12:54 AM   #10117
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
These colors (blue, green, red) already present in the game, and the other colors filter is not necessary.. I think so
I think he is talking about his own NewUIs destroyed marks (different from stock) because for the moment they all appear in red color

I tested new patch and new NewUIs with destroyed marks ---> perfect!
Has to test new destroyed marks in campaign now
Old 05-28-13, 01:22 AM   #10118
Fifi
Navy Seal

Found a minor bug with destroyed marks...
Had a single mission where i destroyed 3 ships (all DM fine) and then loaded my ongoing campaign (in bunker) ---> the 3 DM of single mission were there!
Had to exit game, reload campaign save in bunker, and they disappeared...

So when destroying boats in single mission, best is to exit game before loading campaign
Old 05-28-13, 01:29 AM   #10119
divingbluefrog
Medic

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1
Default Request

It is a minor annoyance I didn't point out, but as there is a new version in test, may I ask that the Nav Map Options window to be a little bit shorter in height?
With my screen resolution (1366*768) I can't see what I suppose to be the last entrance.
divingbluefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 01:36 AM   #10120
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I think he is talking about his own NewUIs destroyed marks (different from stock) because for the moment they all appear in red color
yes, that is correct. Since I have control of what is being placed on the map in regards to the destroyed marks I can control what they look like and what color they are.

Quote:
Found a minor bug with destroyed marks...
Had a single mission where i destroyed 3 ships (all DM fine) and then loaded my ongoing campaign (in bunker) ---> the 3 DM of single mission were there!
Had to exit game, reload campaign save in bunker, and they disappeared...
good bug report. I'll fix it
Old 05-28-13, 01:37 AM   #10121
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingbluefrog View Post
It is a minor annoyance I didn't point out, but as there is a new version in test, may I ask that the Nav Map Options window to be a little bit shorter in height?
With my screen resolution (1366*768) I can't see what I suppose to be the last entrance.
I'll see what I can do
Old 05-28-13, 02:13 AM   #10122
Fifi
Navy Seal

Other report

DM are not kept/remembered in campaign each save/exit game/load...
They are displaying very fine on exact place of sinking, but even with my journal enabled in main screen, and exiting game with journal saving ---> marks disappeared next load

On side note, when the window ask me for journal saves, DM aren't present with check box anymore. Only journal entries/supermarks/navmarks...
Old 05-28-13, 06:03 AM   #10123
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Quote:
yes, that is correct. Since I have control of what is being placed on the map in regards to the destroyed marks I can control what they look like and what color they are.
Guys, I think there was a little language misunderstanding.. I was talking about colors which already present in the game and not about marks themselves.. so, no need to choose other colors if these colors were already chosen..

Old 05-28-13, 09:13 AM   #10124
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Other report

DM are not kept/remembered in campaign each save/exit game/load...
They are displaying very fine on exact place of sinking, but even with my journal enabled in main screen, and exiting game with journal saving ---> marks disappeared next load

On side note, when the window ask me for journal saves, DM aren't present with check box anymore. Only journal entries/supermarks/navmarks...
The problem with DMs not being removed at game end has been fixed.

The problem above was caused probably because while in game you clicked Escape and selected load game? If so, then yes it's a valid problem and I totally overlooked this. I have corrected this also .

The window for journal saves will not have DMs present anymore. The game saves all destroyed unit's to a file in the campaign folder thus I don't need to save them to the ship's journal anymore (and since the Generic Patcher fixed the problem with the saving of those destroyed units to the file I can use the file!)
Old 05-28-13, 10:13 AM   #10125
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

This error pops up at the destruction's point (first test, single mission) -

Lines in Russian:
Destination of a call generated an exception.
Overflow as a result of the arithmetic operation.
в = in

After that no destroyed marks at all..

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui