SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-11-20, 10:58 AM   #961
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Remember when China was angry with the USA over Chinese passengers not allowed into our country?
Now they are saying no foreign visitors can enter into the capital of Beijing, China without going through 14 day quarantine.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other...hs/ar-BB112bVP

Quote:
Beijing on Wednesday ordered people arriving in the city from any country to go into 14-day quarantine as China reported an increase in imported coronavirus cases, threatening its progress against the epidemic.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 11:18 AM   #962
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I can order food using my internet ...
Unless you have automated drones delivering food from an automated warehouse (and who's making the donuts?), there might be a problem with your plan.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 12:06 PM   #963
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

I wonder if I can get out of jury duty... by wearing a corona virus mask. Being in a jury pool certainly constitutes a 'mass gathering' imho! I seem to get summoned every two years and my wife had to report earlier this week too...jury service vs jury servitude?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 12:14 PM   #964
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Coronavirus: COVID-19 outbreak declared pandemic by World Health Organisation which is 'deeply concerned'

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...y-who-11955521
Stand by for mass stupidity.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 12:34 PM   #965
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I wonder if I can get out of jury duty... by wearing a corona virus mask. Being in a jury pool certainly constitutes a 'mass gathering' imho! I seem to get summoned every two years and my wife had to report earlier this week too...jury service vs jury servitude?
Just go in and start coughing,I'm sure they will ask you to leave.
Old 03-11-20, 01:03 PM   #966
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^ That's liable to cause mass panic, and the courtroom with anyone in the vicinity being declared unclean as well. He'll just have to go and do his duty like any other jury person would do and be a good little docile servant.
Old 03-11-20, 01:04 PM   #967
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

A video judge is starting to come in focus
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 01:16 PM   #968
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
A video judge is starting to come in focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal
Just go in and start coughing,I'm sure they will ask you to leave.
Well, at age 69(tomorrow): I have to consider I didn't make it this far by being stupid....especially since the leading cause of death on this planet is generally....other people!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 03:37 PM   #969
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Stand by for mass stupidity.
What are these clowns earning their wages with? By definition, its a pandemic since - since how long now? Eight weeks? Ten?

The term "pandemic" in internantional scientific language is used to describe an epidemic development that

- either reaches beyond the borders of one nation and affects a significant proportion of the original nation' polulation that became sick,
or
- that describes an epidemic development that reaches beyon the borders of one continent.

Congratulations, WHO, somebody brought you a coffee two months ago, and today you finally managed to get a first ice-cold sip of it.
Old 03-11-20, 03:53 PM   #970
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

If I said what I'm about to put down in writing to an educated medical person, this one would most likely say..."don't speak of things you haven't any clue about"

Our politicians are only human like you and me, with the different they have enough skill to get people to put their vote on them

On the other hand our health authorities who have not only a long education in this field, but also having a long experience in their field-should not better and should have since week back given their elected politicians strict orders.

Reason is here in Denmark.

March 9 there was 90 registreret Covid-19 cases in Denmark.
Today right now there is about 519 person, where 9 of them is in critical situation.

Earlier today there was a press meeting where people from the health authorities told about the latest development and answered question from the journalist.

One them asked a qualified question.

"From Friday(6 March) and until Sunday afternoon(8 March) 500 passangers arrived from Northern Italy and walked right out into our society without no restriction whatsoever.
Why didn't you make those restriction when you knew Italy was a red zone and first initiate those restriction Sunday evening.

Before Sunday evening everyone who came from a country with high development of Corona-could walk right out among hundreds if not thousand of people in Denmark. After..Sunday evening they initiate restriction and people who arrived from Italy, Iran, Spain and some other countries was directed away from other people.

I get the feeling out health authorities are showing incompetent.

And first now, since some hour ago, the Danish politician have taken the same step, as they have in Italy..closed down Denmark.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 04:45 PM   #971
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

US CDC director says some coronavirus-related deaths have been found posthumously.
Quote:
Rouda followed up and asked, “So we could have some people in the United States dying for what appears to be influenza when in fact it could be the coronavirus?”

The doctor replied that “some cases have actually been diagnosed that way in the United States today.”
Italian medical chief dies from coronavirus.
Quote:
Italy’s medical community is mourning the death of the head of the medical association in the northern Italian region of Varese, Italy’s state-run ANSA reported Wednesday.

Roberto Stella, president of the Medical Guild of Varese, died Tuesday night in Como, where the 67-year-old was hospitalized for respiratory failure due to coronavirus, the agency reported.
Italy to close ALL stores and restaurants across the country.
Quote:
Italy will close all restaurants, bars and shops across the country in an effort to curb the spread of coronavirus, Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced on Wednesday.

Only pharmacies and supermarkets will be allowed to remain open, Conte added.
https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...hnk/index.html

Wow.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-11-20 at 05:07 PM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 05:01 PM   #972
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I really wished I had a doctorate in psychology.

´cause I find the behavior the citizens are showing is very interesting to study.

Not so long after the Danish prime Minister declared those step...people rushed to the nearest store to start hoarding.

Despite there's no reason for this action.

Markus
Old 03-11-20, 05:13 PM   #973
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

All stations - condition desperate.

Italy started to test too late, and not aggressive enough. Same in Iran. Thats why they already had a very high invisible infection they were not aware of and when they recognised that the virus was already there, they found it already was EVERYWHERE. This costed them the time to delay and to slow down the infection rate, and then when they launched additional measures, these again got delayed and stretched over time instead of "cluster bombing" the situation with these measures and everythign they had - while the situaiton was at full speed towards spiralling completely out of control.

Thats why they have the maximum number of cases in the shortest period of time and that is why their hospitals are drowning. Add to this that they have around 3 beds per 1000 population only, and only few of them with full intensive care equipment.

Nature will have its way this way, there is little Italy can do anymore in the immediate future. Same is true for Iran, and probably also in the US which has such a total failure in testing numbers and making testing as difficult if not impossible as possible that I wonder why Americans have not already stormed capitol halls and political offices. Probabaly because most do not understand the big picture and the contexts.

Germany is at the beginning still, the need to delay the unfolding of the pandemic so to distriubute pressure on the health system over longer time and taking the high peaks out of the graphs, is understood, but one does not act consequently, and federalism also hinders consistent measures nation wide. The regional Funfair is in my hometown cancelled - but the big week market event, famous beyond the region and attracting tens of thousands twice a week - shall take place...? Whats the logic in that?

Problems of social nature maybe are not yet fully understood in public. Children can become running death angels for older people and their grandparents. Adult children wanting to do the shopping for their old parents so that they can avoid the risk of needing to go to the supermarket - by delivering the goods could infect them if not being careful. Families must stay separate over the generations, when possible, and who easily can want that? Best it would be to pack all generations of your family together, leave the civilised urban world and hide in some forsaken place in the wild, far away from other humans. But Germany is a tiny country, for most Germans that is no option - job and earning money not even considered.

I am surprised how badly the American system does. I did not know that, only knew that it is overpriced. They always boast with having "the best health care" in the world and the "best hospitals" in the world and "the best doctors" in the world - but its of little use. Too little of everything, and too expensive. And that was already before Trump happened to the system and cut funds for the CDC. Yesterday's video by Traveller explained it "nicely". Means: the description was depressing. And scandalous.

A big mystery is Japan. They try to avoid testing as consequently as they can, they do not want to loose the Olympics and so sacrifice their people for the economic goal. A victim not counted and officially registered, is a victim not existing. How much must a people get brain-washed to form a servile, suicidal mentality that they cooperate so willingly with their own destruction? Not for one minute I believe that they have the low case numbers that they report. They avoid testing as much as they can, that simple it is.

Germany , by the understanding of the officials, may be on a good way, but this understanding gets compromised again by inconsistence in deciison.making and fear not to trigger unpopular measures. The excuses they give, turn more absurd every day, at least in my understanding of what they claim. So I expect to learn over this year that Germany underperforms in this crisis and causes much more damage and losses than by its starting conditions it would have needed to accept. Its wasti8ng its chances, in other words. Heck, its one of the globe'S most potent health system, by numerical capacities - and as I see it they carelessly trade this advantage away more and more every day by delaying needed measures day by day by day by day, and so neutralising these advantages we should have enjoyed, but now probably will not, or only at a much lesser level than could have had. Wasted chances.

Very well doing seems Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-11-20 at 05:32 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 06:03 PM   #974
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
All stations - condition desperate.

I am surprised how badly the American system does. I did not know that. They always boast with having "the best health care" in the world and the "best hospitals" in the world and "the best doctors" in the world - but its of little use. Too little of everything, and too expensive. And that was already before Trump happened to the system and cut funds for the CDC. Yestersays video by Traveller explained it "nicely". Means: the description was depressing.

Frankly IMO we have the best doctors, minds in medicine and health care in the world and I think you will see that in the long run. Even Anthony Stephen "Tony" Fauci said after its all over said and done we will probably have closer to a 1% case fatality rate. As for Europe and the rest of the world? Well, maybe you should stop worrying about our healthcare system and see if yours can come close to matching it. As far as criteria for the testing that idiot youtube alarmist drama queen was going on about. I whole heartily agree with the testimony given before congress today. CDC has 75,000 test kits available and there are 1 million kits available through commercial sources and growing. As far as criteria for getting tested, its an absolute necessity. Because you cant test every one of the 350 million tom dick and harry's in this country just because they want one and makes them feel good. It would cause an unimaginable backlog of bullcrap tests slowing down the entire process for those that really need it.

Our system of government makes the States the front line of defense the federal government is a supporting role. This is why we hear governors declaring states of emergency. It activates the mechanism which allows the state and federal government to assist in a great many ways they normally don't. We dont live in a dictatorship or centralized government. It is what is and may seem slow going at first but like all the others times in our history once the ball gets rolling watch out.

The argument that government should have done this or done that before it got to this country is a useless one. It took China at least two months before they notified the rest of the world what they were up against and a month later we finally got the genome sequence. So this virus has been out there silently doing its thing quite possibly for the last six months and long before anyone else knew about it. My advice is quit going on like bunch of hens and buckle up everyone. There is nothing you can do about it other than prepare food, reduce social contact, eat right and get your rest.

Say did hear the latest about coronavirus?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 06:11 PM   #975
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Another thing

People are hoarding as they expect the worse.

Are they also prepared to change eating behavior ?

Eating 2-4 lesser potatoes, lesser meat and so on.

I doubt it.

Markus

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan