SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-12-06, 04:43 PM   #916
AG124
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Most of us here use Wings3d - it is free, but it is probably not the best quality program you can get. IF you wanted something really advanced, you would probably have to pay a lot though.

Here is a link for Wings3d:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wings/

Also, you will need Pack3d, which has been developed by SubSim member Sansal. It can be found on this forum in the mod/tools download thread.

Good luck.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
http://www.thegreywolves.com/index.html
AG124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-06, 05:43 AM   #917
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24

Are there plans to update Pack3D? I know a member wanted to fix the radar on the XXI but couldn't do it because of the program.
sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-06, 05:58 AM   #918
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3rules
Are there plans to update Pack3D? I know a member wanted to fix the radar on the XXI but couldn't do it because of the program.
Depends on what he wanted to do
Version 1 of pack3d will open the type 21 dat but its not as good as the later version
Hex editor may do what he wants

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-06, 11:30 AM   #919
rasmus1896
Sparky

Downloads: 1

thanks for this info AG124

you were big help
rasmus1896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-06, 12:27 PM   #920
rasmus1896
Sparky

Downloads: 1

i gor a probem with opening files if i want to onpe one it keep telling me tht to file type is wrong . how can i get files into wright type
rasmus1896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-06, 01:17 PM   #921
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

About Pack3D, this is from Cdre Gibs:

Quote:
Ok, as far as the RWR, RADAR & RADIO Masts plus the snorkel - I WAS gonna redo the models BUT - PACK3d cant open the sensor DAT file.

The idea was, that I was going to permanetly fix the RWR to the TOP of the snorkel (where it belongs) and redo the RADAR ARRY so its correct and RAISED and the same deal for the Radio mast. Now I can repossition the RADAR and the RADIO masts BUT with out having ever seen the RADAR ARRY I have no bloody idea if its even there. So all thats left that can be done, is to raise the RADIO mast but since the rest at this stage cant be done, I see no point.

IF I could have opened the sensor dat file, I would have placed a dummy RWR model ontop of the snorkel. I'd have made it a Dummy model that basicaly would always be there on top of the snorkel, that would go up an down with the snorkel. It buy its self wouldn't actually have been the RWR as that would have then been reduced to 1 Vert and saved as a place holder model to go with the RWR when installed.

So until PACK3D's updated (dont hold ya breath) I cant do much more.

Sorry
Old 08-15-06, 06:24 PM   #922
Dillinger022
Seaman

Downloads: 7

I use GW 1.1a and have installed AG124's excellent ships. What countries should I assign the Pyro Ammunition Freighter, the Empire Celt Tanker, the Rose Castle Ore Carrier, and the Chatham Transport if I want them to be assigned to the countries that actually used them? As for the Chatham Hospital Ship, I just assigned it to the Red Cross.

Thanks
Dillinger022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-06, 07:44 PM   #923
AG124
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

This would be my advice:

Chatham Troop Transport: US, UK, Canada, Netherlands, Brasil, Japan, France, Germany. Maybe also Australia, Spain, and Italy.

Pyro Ammunition Freighter: US, UK, Japan. Maybe also Germany.

Empire Celt Tanker: UK, US, Greece, Panama, Norway, Netherlands, Germany, Russia, Spain. Maybe also France, Italy, Canada, Turkey, Portugal, Argentina.

Rose Castle Ore Carrier: US, UK, Canada, Greece, Norway, Panama, Germany, Italy. Maybe also Russia, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Argentina.

Coastal Tanker: Japan, Netherlands, Brasil, UK, US, Columbia, Mexico, Panama. Maybe also Greece and Turkey.

Converted Whale Factory: US, UK, Norway, Germany, Japan. Maybe also Sweden, Australia, and South Africa.

Chatham Hospital Ship: Red Cross only.

Of course, some of these ships will not show up for the nations listed without changes to the campaign files.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
http://www.thegreywolves.com/index.html
AG124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-06, 11:32 PM   #924
Dillinger022
Seaman

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG124
This would be my advice:

Chatham Troop Transport: US, UK, Canada, Netherlands, Brasil, Japan, France, Germany. Maybe also Australia, Spain, and Italy.

Pyro Ammunition Freighter: US, UK, Japan. Maybe also Germany.

Empire Celt Tanker: UK, US, Greece, Panama, Norway, Netherlands, Germany, Russia, Spain. Maybe also France, Italy, Canada, Turkey, Portugal, Argentina.

Rose Castle Ore Carrier: US, UK, Canada, Greece, Norway, Panama, Germany, Italy. Maybe also Russia, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Argentina.

Coastal Tanker: Japan, Netherlands, Brasil, UK, US, Columbia, Mexico, Panama. Maybe also Greece and Turkey.

Converted Whale Factory: US, UK, Norway, Germany, Japan. Maybe also Sweden, Australia, and South Africa.

Chatham Hospital Ship: Red Cross only.

Of course, some of these ships will not show up for the nations listed without changes to the campaign files.
Thank you very much for that list.

Last edited by Dillinger022; 08-15-06 at 11:44 PM.
Dillinger022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-06, 05:20 AM   #925
Safe-Keeper
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 11
Could I throw in some requests, too?

I'd like more "scenic ships" that can be used in specific scenarios or as eye-candy during the campaign. You know, like dolphins and barricade ships. My ideas:
  • Wrecks/barricade ship versions of other things than small merchants (destroyers, a battleship, a troop transport, submarine, and so on).
  • A tug towing a crippled ship (the crippled ship could be listing with a hole in her side or something). Both ships would be one vessel, connected by a tow line.
  • A fishing boat that's actually fishing (with a deployed net).
  • A version of the Hospital Ship that's actually picking up survivors (with life-boats moored to her and ladders/climbing nets hanging over her sides).
  • Already-Crippled-but-not-sunk versions of ships (could be burning, with holes in their sides, smoking, or whatever).
  • Two submarines moored together (a re-supply sub and, say, a VII-C) or a freighter and a submarine moored together.
  • Is it possible to make shipwrecked sailors holding on to floatsam, life-rings, etc.? Either individuals or clusters of them? What about floatsam and oil spills that don't go away?
  • And more Red Cross stuff.
In short, more "special ships" or "busy" versions of the existing ones (fishing boats fishing, tug towing, and so on).

Last edited by Safe-Keeper; 08-19-06 at 05:25 AM.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-06, 10:19 AM   #926
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper

I'd like more "scenic ships" that can be used in specific scenarios or as eye-candy during the campaign. You know, like dolphins and barricade ships. My ideas:
  • Wrecks/barricade ship versions of other things than small merchants (destroyers, a battleship, a troop transport, submarine, and so on).
  • A tug towing a crippled ship (the crippled ship could be listing with a hole in her side or something). Both ships would be one vessel, connected by a tow line.
  • A version of the Hospital Ship that's actually picking up survivors (with life-boats moored to her and ladders/climbing nets hanging over her sides).
  • Already-Crippled-but-not-sunk versions of ships (could be burning, with holes in their sides, smoking, or whatever).
  • Two submarines moored together (a re-supply sub and, say, a VII-C) or a freighter and a submarine moored together.
  • Is it possible to make shipwrecked sailors holding on to floatsam, life-rings, etc.? Either individuals or clusters of them? What about floatsam and oil spills that don't go away?
In short, more "special ships" or "busy" versions of the existing ones (fishing boats fishing, tug towing, and so on).
I don't know for the new ships that need to be done for your request...
But moored ships/uboats side by side it's not possible on SH3 because that annoying "moving docked units" stock bug. It's a pity. This is why better traffic scenes could not be done correctly. When you arrive at a port some days after the beginning of your patrol the ships /units will be in burn or all in incorrect places...

Rubini.

Last edited by Rubini; 08-19-06 at 08:26 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-06, 02:01 PM   #927
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Good to know it's a bug. I always thought I was doing something wrong with the editor.
Old 08-19-06, 07:43 PM   #928
Safe-Keeper
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 11

Quote:
But moored ships/uboats sided by side it's not possible on SH3 because that annoying "moving docked units" stock bug.
What if they're made one model/one vessel, not two? That's what I was thinking about.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-06, 09:44 PM   #929
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Quote:
But moored ships/uboats sided by side it's not possible on SH3 because that annoying "moving docked units" stock bug.
What if they're made one model/one vessel, not two? That's what I was thinking about.
From my limited 3d modelling and use of pack3d i dont think thats possible but then hey there are some talented guys on here so who knows
But I think the people who are modelling are trying to concentrate on something you can sink :rotfl: or be sunk from

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-06, 02:46 PM   #930
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Quote:

I don't know for the new ships that need to be done for your request...
But moored ships/uboats side by side it's not possible on SH3 because that annoying "moving docked units" stock bug. It's a pity. This is why better traffic scenes could not be done correctly. When you arrive at a port some days after the beginning of your patrol the ships /units will be in burn or all in incorrect places...

Rubini.
I was hoping someone knew where the object file for the AI ships' crewmen is? If this is found it would be a simple matter to stick them in the water and have them spawn in areas where there were heavy sinkings. I've already looked for them with no luck.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote