SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-07-12, 08:58 AM   #9151
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Automation in-game no longer has an option for automatically navigating Kiel Canal?

I have only your New UI v.7.1.0 installed.
Old 08-07-12, 09:03 AM   #9152
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Automation in-game no longer has an option for automatically navigating Kiel Canal?

I have only your New UI v.7.1.0 installed.
Why are you think so?
You just need Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.9

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 09:47 AM   #9153
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Why are you think so?
You just need Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.9
I thought it was included. Thanks.

You see, this is why I wish someone would create a complete SuperMod. A Mod we could download and play just as easily as if we were installing Silent Hunter 6. You could even call it something like Magnum Opus. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Last edited by The General; 08-08-12 at 01:04 PM.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 01:28 AM   #9154
arleeds
Watch

Downloads: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Starting with OHII v 1.9 your homeport is now featured in SH5 too! Just play Monsun Gruppe campaign for visiting it
Hi again TDW

sweet!! i have downloaded the oHII v2.. gonna give it a try later..

anyways.. i've been meaning to ask you.. i have a digital ver. of SH5 v1.1.5 and later on i updated it to v1.2 (after reinstalling it, turns out you can't just update it) from ubi, which means in order to play it, i gotta use Uplay (online).. which sucks badly..

first thing is, that i can't completely unzip the UI v7.1.. why is that? it always does an "incomplete operation (or sounds like that)" i've tried using winzip and winrar.. still the results are the same... i have tried downloading it 3 times and still the same incomplete result... i think it stops at ...scope (un enable-read??)

so i tried to "patch" your mod using JSGME 2.6 to give it a shot.. and it turns out at the start of the game, it pops up 2 windows at the same time, neither one of them can be closed or dragged.. 1 shows something like "do you want to save supermarker/ship journal etc... i'll try and upload it ASAP.

Is it (maybe) because, uplay always syncs game saves etc with its cloud server?

all i need is the officer bar, which helps tremendously in SH5.. any thoughts?

Latest up date... used BetterZip (mac).. No problem so far.. gonna try it later.. fingers crossed aye?

Cheers!!

Last edited by arleeds; 08-08-12 at 02:28 AM. Reason: JSGME 2.5 to JSGME 2.6
arleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 02:27 AM   #9155
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

7Zip
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 12:00 PM   #9156
arleeds
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
7Zip
Thanks.. it's working.. but now it crashes on the way back to Kiel (after tutorial misson, how can i skip this?) every time i use time compress.. it crashes on 64x .. gonna try it w/out the mod.. then use it again later on...

BTW the UI... GREAT! love it so much!
Old 08-08-12, 12:56 PM   #9157
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleeds View Post
Thanks.. it's working.. but now it crashes on the way back to Kiel (after tutorial misson, how can i skip this?) every time i use time compress.. it crashes on 64x .. gonna try it w/out the mod.. then use it again later on...

BTW the UI... GREAT! love it so much!
How - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180044

And don't use TC higher then 16, maybe 32, near the harbors and ports

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 07:00 AM   #9158
arleeds
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
How - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180044

And don't use TC higher then 16, maybe 32, near the harbors and ports
thanks for the link.. great help..
i used TC accordingly to what the tutorial says.. (right after sinking +2 merchant ships..) head to port Kiel.. i tried w/out the mod.. same result, i reduced the graphic quality.. crashed too... crashes at 64.. from its recommended TC at 1024

i think i'm gonna try reinstalling it (for the third time..).. if all else fails.. i'm gonna buy me the digital download from amazon (tough finding its original game (box) in my country..) and a shout out.. screw uplay with its "have to be online to play game" scheme...
Old 08-09-12, 09:09 AM   #9159
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

[TEC] SH5 Re-Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleeds View Post
i think i'm gonna try reinstalling it (for the third time..)
Some times, when I use Generic Mod Enabler v2.6.0.157 to remove a lot of MOD's, it does not clean up all files correctly and I encounter MOD Soup type problems.

So I did clean install, Upgrade to version 1.2 and Archived my entire "Silent Hunter 5" folder/files install (3.6 gig). My HEX Edited SH5.EXE file(s) are stored on different computer.

When/If I encounter this issue. I use JSGME to uninstall all MOD's, delete the "files only" in the "Silent Hunter 5" folder and then delete the entire "Silent Hunter 5\data" folder.

Then I restore the "Silent Hunter 5" folder and files from the Archive I created and reinstall the MOD's I use.
Copy the HEX Edited SH5.EXE revision I want to use.

I scripted this proccess for my system and my drives are SSD drives so it only takes a couple minutes to do a fresh install. Could take some time on slower systems.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 10:43 AM   #9160
arleeds
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Some times, when I use Generic Mod Enabler v2.6.0.157 to remove a lot of MOD's, it does not clean up all files correctly and I encounter MOD Soup type problems.

So I did clean install, Upgrade to version 1.2 and Archived my entire "Silent Hunter 5" folder/files install (3.6 gig). My HEX Edited SH5.EXE file(s) are stored on different computer.

When/If I encounter this issue. I use JSGME to uninstall all MOD's, delete the "files only" in the "Silent Hunter 5" folder and then delete the entire "Silent Hunter 5\data" folder.

Then I restore the "Silent Hunter 5" folder and files from the Archive I created and reinstall the MOD's I use.

I scripted this proccess for my system and my drives are SSD drives so it only takes a couple minutes to do a fresh install. Could take some time on slower systems.
First of all... thanks guys for you lightning speed insights.. couldn't be more proud to join this forum...

in short, what you're saying is a "clean un-install and re install" right?
i did left the last installment "un cleanly" gonna give it a try...

thanks mate... Cheers!
Old 08-09-12, 12:10 PM   #9161
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post

Yes,Also, If you enable "Show hidden files" in your folder options, you will see that there are two hidden folders left behind in you mods folder that contain old setup info and possible corrupt junk. I always delete these two folders. Or just create a new mods folder and place all your mods in it. Get rid of the old one.
D40
Old 08-11-12, 10:50 AM   #9162
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

TDW, would it be possible to make the stadimeter an option independent of the XO dialog box when in periscope view?

I find that I am sometimes unable to lock onto a target, which means that I can't get the XO box to pop up, so I can't use the stadimeter. Could you make an additional panel for it that could be used at will (for the SH5 enhanced UI)?
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-12, 03:42 AM   #9163
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Hello TheDarkWright,

when you can make the twisty periscope thingies, would be please possible to make another realistic eycandy - the lanyard wound loosely around the barrel /or even the tompion in the gun´s muzzle/ for SH5?

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 08-12-12 at 04:01 AM.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 02:07 AM   #9164
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Hello TheDarkWright,

when you can make the twisty periscope thingies, would be please possible to make another realistic eycandy - the lanyard wound loosely around the barrel /or even the tompion in the gun´s muzzle/ for SH5?
The wire twisted around the Periscopes is a native 3D GR2 model that comes with Silent Hunter.

Adding the Barrel Plug and Lanyard to the Deck gun may not be possible right now and would require someone with 3D Studio Max to edit the 3D Model.

For better response/information, you may want to ask this question in the GR2 Editor/Viewer/Extractor/Importer forum thread.
================================================== ================================================

Radar Contacts are not being displayed when Using NewUIs_TDC_V7_1_0
I veryfied that TAI and NAV Map Features have this option selected.

Also, in port, the mission breifing is paused because the NAV Map feature for Tactical Map is enabled even though it is disabled in the Options file. Once I manually disable Tactical Map, the mission breifing continues. I have to do this every time I return to port.

-=[EDIT]=-
I re-installed the MOD and everything is working correctly now with the exception of Radar Conctacts. Radar Contacts do not show on either Map.
JSGME may have not installed it correctly the first time.

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 08-15-12 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added more info
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 09:51 AM   #9165
slovride
Nub

Downloads: 0

I am new to sub sim and wanted to say hi I have a question that may have been covered but can't find in posts. I recently got the Multiple UI's and TDC mod from The Dark Wraith. Great mod but how can I get contact speed for my TDC without personaly measuring the ship and doing the math my self? Thanks.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui