Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-19, 07:34 AM   #9046
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

O ye, of little faith....there will probably be a last minute deal of some sorts but if that fails remember you were the one who highligted the fact the British Army was stocking up on live ammunition

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=9031

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-31-19, 09:08 AM   #9047
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
An MP's jail term for lying to police over a speeding ticket is being reviewed after a complaint it was unduly lenient.

Peterborough MP Fiona Onasanya had denied being behind the wheel when her car was spotted being driven at 41mph in a 30mph zone, in July 2017.

She was convicted at the Old Bailey of perverting the course of justice and jailed for three months on Tuesday.

The Attorney General's Office confirmed it was reviewing the case.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47071120
I'm wondering if she will stand down or continue drawing her salary

The latter I suspect.

Old 01-31-19, 09:28 AM   #9048
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
I just finished watching Question Time with Jim's pet laugh Diane Abbott who clearly was out to lunch and her complaints against Fiona Bruce and Question Time holds no water and the BBC rejected her claims.

Old 01-31-19, 02:06 PM   #9049
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
O ye, of little faith....there will probably be a last minute deal of some sorts but if that fails remember you were the one who highligted the fact the British Army was stocking up on live ammunition

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=9031
OK lets get down and dirty and say there is no deal Brexit it could be possible the extreme left and right wing could go off like fire crackers but I really can not see live ammo being used. I can not see the UK going up in smoke but the division between remain and leave will be like walking on thin ice. I would not put it pass the EU to take the hit and hold its ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'm wondering if she will stand down or continue drawing her salary

The latter I suspect.
She has been booted out of Labour and remains as a independent MP, the rules are clear and she is in her rights. About time the rules were changed in my view.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 01-31-19, 02:49 PM   #9050
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
MPs' half-term break cancelled over fears about Brexit
https://news.sky.com/story/mps-half-...fears-11623352

So now they think oh we need to get on with it. Talk about late in the day with this lot of wet paper bags they are.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-01-19, 05:39 AM   #9051
STEED
Lucky Jack

Icon12

Quote:
Brexit vote: Is cash for constituencies wrong?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47080553
Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn warns his MPs not to back Brexit deal in exchange for constituency cash https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-co...-cash-11623669
Roll up MayBot wants you're vote...Coruption at Westminster as MP's hit the toillet's for the funny white powder.

Quote:
Brexit: Unilever stockpiles Ben & Jerry's and Magnum ice creamshttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47071874
That will make Jim happy but what about pot noodle?

SKYNEWS - German Minister states the EU has no solutions to the "Backstop" issue.

Last edited by STEED; 02-01-19 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-01-19, 06:01 AM   #9052
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
OK lets get down and dirty and say there is no deal Brexit it could be possible the extreme left and right wing could go off like fire crackers but I really can not see live ammo being used. I can not see the UK going up in smoke but the division between remain and leave will be like walking on thin ice. I would not put it pass the EU to take the hit and hold its ground.

Put a hold on that stockpiling of ammunition exercise.

Quote:
UK armed forces 'face £7bn equipment funding black hole'https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47082922

Old 02-01-19, 06:03 AM   #9053
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn was forced to take a car to a talk about bus service cuts after the bus he was waiting for failed to show up.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47076653

Old 02-01-19, 06:14 AM   #9054
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Icon12

^ i guess it was not Corbyn being responsible for bus cuts, but the ruling government? A conspiracy to let him stand in the rain..

He sure promises to better things, if he's only being elected..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-01-19, 06:30 AM   #9055
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ He sure does but his plans would lead to higher taxation and government borrowing.

Old 02-01-19, 03:34 PM   #9056
STEED
Lucky Jack

I read a snippet online about Germany telling the EU to drop the "Backstop" issue from The Telegraph. Can Sky and Cat throw anymore light on this.

Old 02-01-19, 06:03 PM   #9057
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I've been trying to understand this Brexit deal gone bad and my first thoughts are that the fear sounds a lot like the y2k problem back in the year 2000. I know it's not the same, but just seems like it. Lots of fear about what big business will do and now small business are starting to worry.

Is there any chance that the people's will in the vote to exit EU will be overturned?

Surely they won't take a chance to hold another vote
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-02-19, 06:47 AM   #9058
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I've been trying to understand this Brexit deal gone bad and my first thoughts are that the fear sounds a lot like the y2k problem back in the year 2000. I know it's not the same, but just seems like it. Lots of fear about what big business will do and now small business are starting to worry.

Is there any chance that the people's will in the vote to exit EU will be overturned?

Surely they won't take a chance to hold another vote
Yeah I was involved in that y2k silliness but as to your question....I think anything is possible really.

Old 02-02-19, 06:48 AM   #9059
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

An example of things to come perhaps?

Quote:
The UK has objected to Gibraltar being described as a "colony" in European Union legislation allowing UK nationals to travel to the EU after Brexit.

The EU proposed allowing visa-free travel for Britons in November.

The Spanish government has since insisted a footnote be added describing Gibraltar as a "colony" and referring to "controversy" over its status.

The UK's ambassador to the EU, Sir Tim Barrow, objected to it at a meeting in Brussels earlier.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47087439

Old 02-02-19, 06:58 AM   #9060
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
I read a snippet online about Germany telling the EU to drop the "Backstop" issue from The Telegraph. Can Sky and Cat throw anymore light on this.
I heard nothing, but I am not the media mastermonitor of the continent. But my money is on "unfounded rumour", last time the German government said something on it that was confirmed they recommended to remain hard, German industry leaders also want the EU to stay hard (to mount pressure to force Britain to stay in the EU). Confirmed seems to be that Spain drums the drums again over Gibraltar, however.

What is confirmed is that the EU member states now said they want to allow British citizens travel access into the EU without Visa, even if there is no deal. However, the EU cannot save itself from putting in another provocation: it formally discriminates between British citizens from the UK, and from the "British colony" Gibraltar.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-02-19 at 07:15 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics