SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-06-12, 11:40 PM   #9046
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
- first and most important: you are using the true bearing for moving the hydrophone pointer, but the hydrophone was done for giving relative bearings. It means that your implementation of the hydro follow order works properly only when our sub is facing nord. In any other case it gives wrong results...

- after locking the target on periscope and activating the order from officers order bar, I receveid confirmation of it on the messagebox. I was expecting to receive regular updates on the contact in the same messagebox, but after a while I realized that I had to go to hydrostation and to read myself the bearing. I think we can survive with it, but it would be cool having also a log on the contact, possibly written and spoken, like the one we receive with the order "follow nearest contact".

- As we said the day before yesterday, besides locking on visual targets, I was expecting also to be able to set a bearing on the hydrophone, for acquiring the the contact closest to that direction. Indeed using that method we risk not to pick the right contact, but what if we want to follow a contact out of sight? Is it possible to add another option for doing it?

- when we are out of the hydro station, the sonarman keeps on with any other task he had been given before: normal sweeping, following nearest target, etc. Could you make him to stop doing so, for focusing 100% on his current duty?
The bug of using true bearing has been fixed.
The sonarman now makes regular log entries denoting the selected contact's bearing (new user option added for this with default value of every 300seconds/5min)
As far as selecting nearest contact from hydro I'm going to add that, just haven't done it yet
Once you leave the hydro station the hydro sensor takes control of the hydro needle. Thus there's no way for me to 'lock it' on the selected contact's bearing

Patch 1 for v7.0.0 available at post #1
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 01:03 AM   #9047
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
NewUIs with TDC for SH5 by TheDarkWraith
version 7.0.0

(...)

My add-on mods for this mod: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...60&postcount=1
What it is "my add-on"?
Sorry for asking but I would to know before downloading...

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 07:27 AM   #9048
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
The bug of using true bearing has been fixed.

Quote:
The sonarman now makes regular log entries denoting the selected contact's bearing (new user option added for this with default value of every 300seconds/5min)
Good!
Maybe I am asking too much, but is there a way to add an option for making the sonarman to report contact bearing every time it changes, allowing us to set the amount of this change, in degrees, under user options?

Quote:
As far as selecting nearest contact from hydro I'm going to add that, just haven't done it yet

Quote:
Once you leave the hydro station the hydro sensor takes control of the hydro needle. Thus there's no way for me to 'lock it' on the selected contact's bearing
We will live with this staknanovite sonar guy

Quote:
Patch 1 for v7.0.0 available at post #1
Downloading it now, Thanks TDW
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 07:56 AM   #9049
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Maybe I am asking too much, but is there a way to add an option for making the sonarman to report contact bearing every time it changes, allowing us to set the amount of this change, in degrees, under user options?
Yes I can add this quite easily but can I ask why? I don't see how this would be useful/used
Old 07-07-12, 07:58 AM   #9050
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
What it is "my add-on"?
Sorry for asking but I would to know before downloading...
It is all the add-on mods: no hydrophone on surface, no contact tails, no contact shapes or colors, etc.
Old 07-07-12, 07:59 AM   #9051
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Yes I can add this quite easily but can I ask why? I don't see how this would be useful/used
If the contact changed very slowly, then this would suggest it was moving slowly or very far away.
If it changed fast - it is fast or close to you.
So this may be helpful information
Old 07-07-12, 08:25 AM   #9052
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
If the contact changed very slowly, then this would suggest it was moving slowly or very far away.
This sounds very useful, it would be good to have this in the game.
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 09:49 AM   #9053
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
patch 2 for v7.0.0 released. See post #1
Old 07-07-12, 09:58 AM   #9054
StuG
Swabbie

Downloads: 133

TDW, i'd like to use your add-on mod "No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_No_Aircraft_Spotting_1_1 _0" but it overwrites uboat_sensor.GR2 and uboat_sensor.sim: is it compatible anyway?

Thankyou!
StuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 10:03 AM   #9055
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuG View Post
TDW, i'd like to use your add-on mod "No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_No_Aircraft_Spotting_1_1 _0" but it overwrites uboat_sensor.GR2 and uboat_sensor.sim: is it compatible anyway?

Thankyou!
All my mods are compatible with each other unless stated otherwise in the readme and/or at post #1 of the mod's thread
Old 07-07-12, 10:10 AM   #9056
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
As we said the day before yesterday, besides locking on visual targets, I was expecting also to be able to set a bearing on the hydrophone, for acquiring the the contact closest to that direction. Indeed using that method we risk not to pick the right contact, but what if we want to follow a contact out of sight? Is it possible to add another option for doing it?
I've been thinking this over and there is one little problem with bringing this into fruition: contact's range. The way I'm getting the contact is not through the sonarman but through something the scriptmanager exposes. If I simply let the hydro lock onto the nearest (degree wise) contact to the hydro's needle then it's quite possible the contact could be > 250km away! This obviously would be a problem as there is no possible way the sonarman could hear this. This method I use also doesn't take into account the hydrophone's parameters (it's sensor values) because the scriptmanager doesn't expose them. So the only possible solution is to limit the distance the contact can be away from the sub via a user option. What should this distance be? I'm thinking around 8-10km. Or maybe you all have another idea
Old 07-07-12, 10:55 AM   #9057
Trevally.
Navy Seal

I think the range should be as far as you can hear it

20km for single ship and 60km for whole convoy.
I think the range of the hydro that we can hear in sh5 is 30km (you may be able to tell us?)

So perhaps 20 to 30km would be good.
Would it be possible to have this up to say 50km but a % chance of losing the contact
Old 07-07-12, 11:25 AM   #9058
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Besides this, there is no such a thing like an optimal time interval between bearing logs, to be used with four bearing or any other plotting method. It depends on how far and how fast is the contact we are plotting. Settings the log to be updated every time the contact changes bearing will let us to decide how long we want to wait between each mark.

Quote:
I think the range should be as far as you can hear it

20km for single ship and 60km for whole convoy.
I think the range of the hydro that we can hear in sh5 is 30km (you may be able to tell us?)

So perhaps 20 to 30km would be good.
Would it be possible to have this up to say 50km but a % chance of losing the contact
agree with Trevally
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 11:31 AM   #9059
Gadolf_Shmitler
Watch

Downloads: 15

I had thought I had no more problems with the mod, but now I am unable to plot a course on the map or through the navigator, and the maps no longer have my submarine as an icon. *sigh*

Any ideas?
Gadolf_Shmitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 12:07 PM   #9060
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadolf_Shmitler View Post
I had thought I had no more problems with the mod, but now I am unable to plot a course on the map or through the navigator, and the maps no longer have my submarine as an icon. *sigh*

Any ideas?
Yes - you have installed the Real Nav mod
Remove it and you should be ok again

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui