SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-10, 11:22 PM   #76
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPeaceKeeper View Post
Ohh whoops you were looking for the actual script file?! Oi... thought you meant the Message box location indicator Playing around with the values, .5 and -.5 sets the box dead center at the bottom of the screen, which makes no sense to me... Originally I thought it was a coordinate system (thats too easy isnt it...) but it isnt truely a coordinate system, or at least one that I understand...

EDIT: I believe what you are talking about a level indicator above the battery/CO2/COmpressed Air/Fuel indicator is the fuel indicator for the Walter Drive with the Hydrogen Peroxide fuel level. Wont matter for us as we dont have access to the Walter Drive in this game.

Interesting question though, if the file systems are this similiar I wonder if that means we can add other submarines to this game... And if that holds true that means Surface ships should also be easy to implement...
i love scripts! they make modding so much easier. Here was the problem with the message box dropping down to the bottom when you clicked the button to expand it:
Code:
def PageDefaultHud_Messages_ToggleModeButton_Clicked( sender ):
 c = PageDefaultHud_Messages
 # dragging the size handle changes the SnapFromAnchor
 #c.SetSnapParent( PageDefaultHud, MenuItemWrapper.LocationPresets.BottomRight, True, 0, False )
 c.SnapFromAnchor.OffsetX = -4 #the animation will position the control
 DurationInSeconds = 0.1
 if c.Height <= c.MinimumSize.Height + 1.0:
  #Menu.PlaySound( "Menu.HUD.Toggle_Open" )#it sounds like a fart
  c.StartAnimation( MenuItemWrapper.AnimationTypes.Height, c.MaximumSize.Height, DurationInSeconds )
 else:
  #Menu.PlaySound( "Menu.HUD.Toggle_Close" )#it sounds like a fart
  c.StartAnimation( MenuItemWrapper.AnimationTypes.Height, c.MinimumSize.Height, DurationInSeconds )
i had to comment out the line highlighted. Now I'm going to let the message box able to expand more than it does currently.....

much better.....now to expand it's size.....
Old 03-04-10, 11:30 PM   #77
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Size should be adjustable in the page default.ini file there are size limits in there. Or was it in the script file 0.oa I can't quite remember!

Good knews is that the TDC dials are there in the textures so I dont have to port the dials over, not sure on the rest, still converting the .dds files to make sure!

TDC files have their own nifty little folder titled TDC in:
Data -> Menu -> Gui -> TDC

Going to find the relatevant parts in the SH4 menu files. This isnt complete without the TDC :P Not sure how we'll implement it, it may require more scripting to allow it to be a pop up from the command bar at the bottom for the attack periscope because I'm not sure we'll get one on the attack map since the attack map isnt seperate
Old 03-04-10, 11:34 PM   #78
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Size should be adjustable in the page default.ini file there are size limits in there. Or was it in the script file 0.oa I can't quite remember!

Good knews is that the TDC dials are there in the textures so I dont have to port the dials over, not sure on the rest, still converting the .dds files to make sure!

TDC files have their own nifty little folder titled TDC in:
Data -> Menu -> Gui -> TDC

Going to find the relatevant parts in the SH4 menu files. This isnt complete without the TDC :P Not sure how we'll implement it, it may require more scripting to allow it to be a pop up from the command bar at the bottom for the attack periscope because I'm not sure we'll get one on the attack map since the attack map isnt seperate
TDC with a working spread angle ;]
Old 03-04-10, 11:39 PM   #79
AOTD_Rhonen
A-ganger

Downloads: 31

well done

We are working on the Interface too.
Can you tell me pls, how you fix the Bottom Bar grafic problem?
see here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=22

Also, has anyone an idea how to "delete" the bottom bar, without loosing the toggle buttons for the Dials ?

if i dont let draw the bottom bar by the script, the togglebuttons are also missing

Member of A.O.T.D

Es gibt zwei Arten von Bugs
1. Programmfehler
2. Fehler zwischen Monitor und Sitzlehne

Die 2. sind die schlimmeren, denn die kann man nicht beheben.
Old 03-04-10, 11:42 PM   #80
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

I'm not sure we'll get a TDC that works... there is no script file for it and if the game .exe calls the script files we are hosed, if it pulls the .ini files which call the script file we may be ok as we could just have someone write the script file for it. I did find that it has it's own Page file .ini, although all mention of the texture files are all .tga extensions which are hangovers from SH3 and the transition to SH4 with U-boat missions... all the files in the directory are .dds. I'm going to go through the nearly 1000 line .ini file and change the .tga to .dds and see if anything shows up. I'm not holding my breath anyway as my understanding is the script files give the item the functionality and the .ini file so we may need some script writing... maybe...
Old 03-04-10, 11:55 PM   #81
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I'm not sure we'll get a TDC that works... there is no script file for it and if the game .exe calls the script files we are hosed, if it pulls the .ini files which call the script file we may be ok as we could just have someone write the script file for it. I did find that it has it's own Page file .ini, although all mention of the texture files are all .tga extensions which are hangovers from SH3 and the transition to SH4 with U-boat missions... all the files in the directory are .dds. I'm going to go through the nearly 1000 line .ini file and change the .tga to .dds and see if anything shows up. I'm not holding my breath anyway as my understanding is the script files give the item the functionality and the .ini file so we may need some script writing... maybe...
have faith! anything is possible, we just haven't found the way to do it yet....

I'm happy to report that the fuel level and battery level gauges work:

did a nice underwater run to see if the battery would discharge...and it did. Only thing I haven't seen move is the CO2 gauge. Oh and the clock doesn't work either but that appears to be a script problem also.

I'm thinking about releasing this as it stands so far BUT it still needs work on the buttons. Some of the buttons don't work or worse cause a CTD when you click them. It all deals with scripts it appears and it's goind to take some heavy work to sort out. In the meantime though it's functional and most of the buttons work (or don't work). We can compile a list of which ones work or don't work (and those that cause CTDs) and post them so users are aware until it's sorted out. But people should be given the opportunity to use this new UI....it actually makes the game more enjoyable and playable (at least to me)!. So what do you all think? Wait till I have it all sorted out or let it go as is?
Old 03-04-10, 11:58 PM   #82
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I say let it out - if anything, I'm sure others can help track down the issues and test it better. Consider it a beta release of sorts. In all honestly, I'd rather play with a half-functional classic interface than the fully-functional new one.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 03-05-10, 12:02 AM   #83
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Ohh I have faith, trust me on that, in terms of "easy" modding that I can accomplish, the TDC is out of the question. Changing the extensions in the page.ini file for the TDC did squat so there has to be some way to bring it up with the attack peri and the observation peri (not realistic but meh).

As to the UI as it stands, which buttons dont work and is it possible to remove them relatively easily or track down the cause of the crasH?

If we can get the list we can release the UI as is while you and I and others work out ways to get the commands lined up correctly for the game.

Releasing it would calm the waters long enough for us to figure out the buttons and maybe get a start on the TDC...
Old 03-05-10, 12:04 AM   #84
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ohh I have faith, trust me on that, in terms of "easy" modding that I can accomplish, the TDC is out of the question. Changing the extensions in the page.ini file for the TDC did squat so there has to be some way to bring it up with the attack peri and the observation peri (not realistic but meh).

As to the UI as it stands, which buttons dont work and is it possible to remove them relatively easily or track down the cause of the crasH?

If we can get the list we can release the UI as is while you and I and others work out ways to get the commands lined up correctly for the game.

Releasing it would calm the waters long enough for us to figure out the buttons and maybe get a start on the TDC...
good point. I'll start zipping it up and getting it ready for upload. This is too cool
As for which buttons cause CTDs - I know anything under crew and even the crew tab itself will CTD. But I haven't really checked all them out. I'll reserve a post under the release one so that the buttons causing errors can be listed and an update can be posted on their status.
Old 03-05-10, 12:08 AM   #85
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Thats because the crew management options have changed drastically, we probably just need to find the commands for Action stations, man deck gun, and man AA guns. Are there really any other commands for the crew?

I imagine the deck gun and AA gun commands probably dont work (Aim for water line and what not).
Old 03-05-10, 12:09 AM   #86
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Thats because the crew management options have changed drastically, we probably just need to find the commands for Action stations, man deck gun, and man AA guns. Are there really any other commands for the crew?

I imagine the deck gun and AA gun commands probably dont work (Aim for water line and what not).
they work sort of.....you 'appear' inside the deck gun and you appear on top of the AA gun when you click those....
Old 03-05-10, 12:10 AM   #87
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

For what it's worth, I wouldn't worry too much about the TDC right now. I actually kind of like the way its implemented - makes me feel like a real commander reading off thr inputs and someone else inputting them. That works great (aside from the stupid stadimeter, but modding in the old "estimate range to contact" command gets around that beautifully). But from a purely functional standpoint, I'd love to have the classic command interface back.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 03-05-10, 12:10 AM   #88
coasterdigi
Sailor man

Downloads: 57

Just a thought, but, for the time being, is it possible to just delete the offending buttons from the menu editor, at least for this release? It seems like it would be a quick job to just eliminate the checkboxes so the buttons don't actually try to function.

If you don't, I'll give it a shot when you release it.
Old 03-05-10, 12:12 AM   #89
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
they work sort of.....you 'appear' inside the deck gun and you appear on top of the AA gun when you click those....
Interesting... I wonder if there is an easy way to fix it... something with the teleport to location? Can you move yourself from them once you've teleported inside of them?

This is sad, but I had to use the restroom I was so excited for this release lol
Old 03-05-10, 12:13 AM   #90
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
For what it's worth, I wouldn't worry too much about the TDC right now. I actually kind of like the way its implemented - makes me feel like a real commander reading off thr inputs and someone else inputting them.
+100

It is one of the few things that in my opinion, is an improvement. I don't want to be touching the dials myself as the Captain, just telling someone else what to put in
Closed Thread