SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-20-12, 06:04 PM   #8956
Grezkev
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Maybe I'm just really confused but I remember using mods on the older SHs but not having this much trouble.

I still can't find the rudder control, recognition manual, all that. Maybe I'm not reading the manual right or something...
Grezkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 07:15 PM   #8957
Captain America
Planesman

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
Thet sounds strange, because all guys (and me also) got CTD when only the stock game is running Personally I've tried to torp the nearest vessels in the harbour (not the PT boats). Everything is OK if the torpedo hit is not critical , but CTD occurs just when she considered to be completely destroyed/sank and a process of encounting goal-points(tonnage) is 'starting'. Sometimes it took a long period before critical flooding occurs, so I just even thought that everything is OK, but later CTD.
Are You sure the boats You have mentioned were completely destroyed and what happened to your tonnage account then

After reading your post I tried some more tests and I have to take back what I said...you are correct. It just took a little bit longer to freeze without the UI's mod installed - I actually had to click on one of the UI's buttons before it froze; but it did. My apologies to TDW for implying it was his mod.

Its amazing how the accounting for friendly damage was left out. What happens if you sink a neutral ship? If only enemy tonnage is accounted for will this cause a CTD/freeze too?
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 09:50 PM   #8958
internerd
Nub

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grezkev View Post
Maybe I'm just really confused but I remember using mods on the older SHs but not having this much trouble.

I still can't find the rudder control, recognition manual, all that. Maybe I'm not reading the manual right or something...
push e or click the 'charts' button to display the charts, it should be on the righthand edge of the screen about two thirds down a brown clickable spot, drag it out to get he recognition manual. The rudder controls can be accessed by clicking on the expanding heading indicator. If the course orders are being issued when you click on it, there is a clickspot above the expand button that will turn this off.
internerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 01:40 AM   #8959
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77

Couple of questions.....just figured out I can edit the options file after about two weeks of playing with this awesome MOD I looked around and could not find the anwsers to these questions......

Do I have to be in port and unactivate the UI's MOD to edit the options file? Or can I do it at sea in the middle of a OHII patrol?

Is there a place I can currently see what hot keys are doing what (besides F1 key ingame) so that I can edit the options file correctly?
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 03:19 AM   #8960
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchOU View Post
Couple of questions.....just figured out I can edit the options file after about two weeks of playing with this awesome MOD I looked around and could not find the anwsers to these questions......

Do I have to be in port and unactivate the UI's MOD to edit the options file? Or can I do it at sea in the middle of a OHII patrol?

Is there a place I can currently see what hot keys are doing what (besides F1 key ingame) so that I can edit the options file correctly?
Uninstall the mod first then change settings .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 04:38 AM   #8961
radcapricorn
Helmsman

Downloads: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Errm... Settings can be changed without uninstalling. Though it's best to save them also in mod folder so that they won't reset if mod is re-enabled at some point.

Or is there some peculiar option that requires you to disable the mod to change?
radcapricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 01:17 PM   #8962
quink99
中国水兵

Downloads: 941

Quote:

Sober, with all due respect, the terminology, "uninstall" may be a bit confusing for those who have not been around SH5 for long. Prehaps it might help not to confuse them by saying "disable" instead.

In SH5 and most other games;

"uninstall" means to remove something, say a MOD, from the game.

"disable" in SH5, at least to me, means to move an activated MOD from the right column of the JSGME to the left column and thereby deactivte it temporarily.

If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.
quink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 01:39 PM   #8963
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by quink99 View Post
Sober, with all due respect, the terminology, "uninstall" may be a bit confusing for those who have not been around SH5 for long. Prehaps it might help not to confuse them by saying "disable" instead.

In SH5 and most other games;

"uninstall" means to remove something, say a MOD, from the game.

"disable" in SH5, at least to me, means to move an activated MOD from the right column of the JSGME to the left column and thereby deactivte it temporarily.

If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.
Ya - dam Australians riding roughshod over our language
Actually, I may be guilty of this too
Old 06-22-12, 03:15 PM   #8964
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Ya - dam Australians riding roughshod over our language
Actually, I may be guilty of this too
No Sir,
I am sorry, but you're nowhere near Mr. Sober.
At the beginning I thought he had an enigma machine connected to his keyboard. But by now I have realized that I have to drop any logic, and to use all my immagination in order to decipher some of his best messages
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 10:11 PM   #8965
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Sorry for being on the graveyard shift , probably just tired .
Old 06-22-12, 11:39 PM   #8966
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Sorry for being on the graveyard shift , probably just tired .
Don't take us wrong, Sober
We like your unique style. Please don't change it!

Starting with my anglo-italian pidgin, this forum wouldn't be anyway the best place for learning the most proper english, admitting that it does exist...
Old 06-22-12, 11:47 PM   #8967
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Don't take us wrong, Sober
We like your unique style. Please don't change it!

Starting with my anglo-italian pidgin, this forum wouldn't be anyway the best place for learning the most proper english, admitting that it does exist...
I think the gramatical errors are more laziness on my part more than anything else . I think aussies use terms sometimes that yanks cannot understand
Old 06-23-12, 12:22 AM   #8968
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I think the gramatical errors are more laziness on my part more than anything else . I think aussies use terms sometimes that yanks cannot understand
Well, actually I wasn't making reference to any grammatical error by you, but rather to your concise writing style, where very often subjects, verbs and even entire phrases are left out, and have to be inferred from the context.

It is like having to interpret a quatrain by Nostradamus, or making a translation from the old latin historian Tacitus. Take it as a compliment!

...and by the way, we are going definitely offtopic here!
Old 06-24-12, 07:51 AM   #8969
ALOTEF
Watch

Downloads: 81

I updated my SH5 to vanilla 1.2, then installed this mod, as per instructed, for an SH4 theme via JSGME and changing the PY code *And saving in Unicode.)
The result is upon loading the main menu, the game freezes, the screen turns black, and the music loops. The only way I can quit is Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
My machine is running Windows 7, if that has anything to do with it.
Any thoughts?
Regards,
Mike.
ALOTEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 08:29 AM   #8970
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALOTEF View Post
I updated my SH5 to vanilla 1.2, then installed this mod, as per instructed, for an SH4 theme via JSGME and changing the PY code *And saving in Unicode.)
The result is upon loading the main menu, the game freezes, the screen turns black, and the music loops. The only way I can quit is Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
My machine is running Windows 7, if that has anything to do with it.
Any thoughts?
Regards,
Mike.
Did you adjust the options file by hand or by using the OptionsEditorViewer app? If not the latter that is more than likely your problem. You can find the app in \data\Applications
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui