SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-16-12, 03:44 AM   #8926
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefank View Post
I kind of know how he feels though. I'm far from new at any of this, yet I've been trawling round subsim for hours, looking for the right mods, the ones in the downloads section are Years old versions, with no links or help to get to the correct versions of mods. I'm so frustrated.
Even trying to find a download link for jgsme was so difficult.
I now have "NewUIs_TDC_6_7_0_TheDarkWraith" on my desktop, after hours of trying to find the current version, (is it?) which seems to be impossible, and now I find this Magnum Opus thing.

WTF! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH. <-- I cannot overstate that enough. I need to smoke a whole pack of cigarettes right now.

Please, someone please clarify, before I crash dive! All I want is to be able to actually steer my damn boot! I already hate UbiSoft enough for screwing SH5 up so bad.

Thanks for any help.

(p.s., please understand I am at the end of my tether, though I don't mean any ill feeling toward anyone here, or the people making this damn 'sim' actually usable. Just understand, the way the mods and downloads seem to be 'organised' here at subsim, it is extremely difficult, if not impossible for anyone who hasn't been on these forums for a while to figure out what, or where anything actually is. I have no clue what mod I need any more.)
I completely agree with you but luckily volodya61 helped .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-12, 05:16 AM   #8927
Stefank
Nub

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Thanks Volodya.

So, I now have : NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith,

and enabled with jgme, or whatever the confusing name is.

Is this actually, really the most recent version?

And, so, what is the difference with that, and Magnum Opus? does magnum opus also include what I have up there ^, plus even more mods?

I have a bad headache now, but I'm calming down a bit I need to vent my frustration with some good, 100% realism torpedo salvos hitting home.

I hope, in the end, I can enjoy SH5 as much as I did SH3. I can't remember how many hundreds of hours I spent, chasing cargo's around the atlantic with the hydrophones, plotting attacks and waiting hours for the intercept.
Stefank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 12:46 AM   #8928
lilpooper
Sailor man

Downloads: 65

Magnum Opus is just a bunch of mods that were thrown together into one big pack for ease of download + proven stability. I don't have it but I have my own mods that I like (some of them are in MO).

The best thing to do is to just do a little bit of research, look at other peoples videos and screen shots and usually they will list their mods. Find out which ones you like or think may sounds interesting and google them. If you type "SH5 + 'any mod'" you want into Google, 99% of the time if will send you to a thread on this website with a current working link.

Not to sound like a D-bag or anything but I went from having never even heard of this game, to having a pretty sweet modset up and running in less than 24 hours. Its not that hard. There are plenty (more than plenty) of tutorials on where / how to find and install mods on youtube.

Here is a basic list of mods to get you started. All are compatible and stable. Just google to find links.

Accurate German Flags (Swastikas)
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
No magic skills v1.5 MCCD compatible
SteelViking's Bunker Fixes V1.0
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod

Happy hunting!!!!
lilpooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 03:08 PM   #8929
Captain America
Planesman

Downloads: 149
100% reproducible game freeze with with NewUIs 6.9.0

100% reproducible game freeze with with NewUIs 6.9.0

1) Launch game ONLY with NewUIs 6.9.0, no other mods! I kept everything default, no option changes or extras added.
1a) TDW's .exe patches can be enabled or not, makes no difference.
2) Start new campaign.
3) As soon as you leave the uboat pen, destroy any friendly ship with torpedoes (haven't tried deckgun).

As soon as ship is destroyed; instant FREEZE with app not responding. Have to CTRL ALT Del.

4) Disable mod and redo steps 2-3; no freeze at all.

I have had 2 other people do the same test with the same results 100% of the time. It appears something goes wrong if you destroy a friendly unit. You shouldn't be destroying friendly units anyway, but it does indicate something is wrong with the mod since this does not happen when the mod is disabled.
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 03:44 PM   #8930
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
As soon as ship is destroyed; instant FREEZE with app not responding. Have to CTRL ALT Del.
Got the same results of this test

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 10:29 PM   #8931
BLACK_FLAME
Sailor man

Downloads: 80

i have a couple questions for you guys. My first problem is when im shooting at a ship and its very wavy i sometimes loose control or can not move to aim because the sea is rough. I have to always esc out of that view to reset my crew in order to aim again ! Is there a mod to fix this? Also i just completed my first mission of the block aide of Germany using the Light campaign mod. Well i got all the tonnage that i need and its feb 1939 but for some sort of reason it doesnt instruct me on what to do next. Do i have to wait for time to pass before it will tell me whats my next objective. Any help would be great. So far this mod UI had been great! Over and out
BLACK_FLAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 12:29 AM   #8932
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_FLAME View Post
i have a couple questions for you guys. My first problem is when im shooting at a ship and its very wavy i sometimes loose control or can not move to aim because the sea is rough. I have to always esc out of that view to reset my crew in order to aim again ! Is there a mod to fix this? Also i just completed my first mission of the block aide of Germany using the Light campaign mod. Well i got all the tonnage that i need and its feb 1939 but for some sort of reason it doesnt instruct me on what to do next. Do i have to wait for time to pass before it will tell me whats my next objective. Any help would be great. So far this mod UI had been great! Over and out
when next in the bunker exit to main game page and choose difficulty options . Campaigns and objectives are time based or depends how you perform . Just go patrol .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 08:35 AM   #8933
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

A patch has been released that will bring the current version to v6.9.2. This patch includes:

v6.9.1 - fixed bug in automation's navigate from file command. If resuming and a waypoint didn't fall within the waypoint resume radius it would default to waypoint 0. Now it finds the closest waypoint and resumes navigation to there.
v6.9.2 - added radcapricorn's changes so that Attack Disc and RAOBF can be rotated by clicking and dragging with mouse

Can be found at bottom of post #1

TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 08:46 AM   #8934
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
A patch has been released that will bring the current version to v6.9.2. This patch includes:

v6.9.1 - fixed bug in automation's navigate from file command. If resuming and a waypoint didn't fall within the waypoint resume radius it would default to waypoint 0. Now it finds the closest waypoint and resumes navigation to there.
v6.9.2 - added radcapricorn's changes so that Attack Disc and RAOBF can be rotated by clicking and dragging with mouse

Can be found at bottom of post #1

Great work, TDW and Radcapricorn!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 08:56 AM   #8935
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Great work, TDW and Radcapricorn!
radcapricorn did all the work, I just made the new patch
Old 06-18-12, 09:00 AM   #8936
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Would you suddenly stop your modding activity, you would anyway deserve our everlasting gratitude, sir.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 09:09 AM   #8937
BLACK_FLAME
Sailor man

Downloads: 80

I figured out the campaign problem but for the updates do i put in front of or behind the main UI mod in the JSGME? Thanks TDW for quick answer oh and also can i mod at sea or do i have to be docked? Over and out
BLACK_FLAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 09:10 AM   #8938
radcapricorn
Helmsman

Downloads: 181

Quote:
No way, I have nothing to do with automation fixes

Thanks for including the mouse drag support. I hope that helps our Kaleuns to sink their targets more efficiently! BTW, in addition to changes mentioned, it also enables mouse-drag rotation for draggable compass on navigation map (the "plastic" one with switchable 0/180 inner degree scale).
radcapricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 09:18 AM   #8939
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_FLAME View Post
I figured out the campaign problem but for the updates do i put in front of or behind the main UI mod in the JSGME? Thanks TDW for quick answer oh and also can i mod at sea or do i have to be docked? Over and out
Enable the updates last (behind the main UI mod)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radcapricorn View Post
No way, I have nothing to do with automation fixes

Thanks for including the mouse drag support. I hope that helps our Kaleuns to sink their targets more efficiently! BTW, in addition to changes mentioned, it also enables mouse-drag rotation for draggable compass on navigation map (the "plastic" one with switchable 0/180 inner degree scale).
Ah yes, I did do the automation fixes

The mouse drag is really neat. I tested it thoroughly

There is one 'mouse drag' missing though - the front side of the attack disk's large outer ring is movable by mousewheel but not by mouse drag. Not that big of a deal but if you feel the need to add it send me the changes. I'm still too wrapped up in my GR2 Editor/Viewer app
Old 06-18-12, 09:30 AM   #8940
radcapricorn
Helmsman

Downloads: 181

Quote:
The mouse drag is really neat. I tested it thoroughly
Thanks Next version of RadCapTools will also change mouse cursors when something draggable is under the pointer (or something is being dragged) just to make it more intuitive.

Quote:
There is one 'mouse drag' missing though - the front side of the attack disk's large outer ring is movable by mousewheel but not by mouse drag. Not that big of a deal but if you feel the need to add it send me the changes. I'm still too wrapped up in my GR2 Editor/Viewer app
You mean the bearing one? I see no purpose in rotating it at all, as you have a nice little switch that instead automatically rotates the compass rose to match submarine's course (and yes, it'll fight stubbornly if you try to drag it with the mouse when autorotation is on ).
For what it's worth, since all inner discs can be rotated, the outernmost disc may be left eternally fixed, whether it's the front side (bearing) or the back side (AOB). But if our fellow captains still find the need for it, I'll make the changes.
radcapricorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui