SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-07, 12:37 PM   #856
sourisnoir
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default surfacing to comment

I usually stay at periscope depth around here, but have come to the surface for this important issue.

I have been at sea in SHIII for a long time - occasionally coming back to port for patches, upgrades, and to clean the salty spray from my deck (desk). It's truly a great game.
But all the hoohaw about troubles with IV have kept me in the Atlantic.
My father was in the US navy and sailed widely in the Pacific. I spent my childhood reading about WWII Pacific Theater and visiting wide-eyed the monuments in Hawaii. One of my favorite things as a kid was to visit the periscope installed at the Burke Museum in Seattle and sweep the horizon.

I suppose I'm the type that should have just bought the darn thing and muddled through. But I see the frustration others have had and I just can not bring myself to fully support a product with these sort of issues still in the code.

AAAAAAAAAALLLAAAAAARM!!!!

Gotta go!!........

sourisnoir
Old 05-19-07, 12:38 PM   #857
sourisnoir
Nub

Default post count pride

never mind. Just a trawler.
Old 05-19-07, 12:40 PM   #858
OldDog
Bilge Rat

Take her down, take her deep. Give her another patch!
Old 05-19-07, 12:42 PM   #859
melltan
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Default Count me in

I agree, a further patch is required before I will feel totally happy with this game.
Old 05-19-07, 12:46 PM   #860
HardTicket
Bilge Rat

yup couldn't agree more...getting tired of paying my hard earned $'s for programs that are half finished and then never gettin the support needed to get them running properly ...c'mon UBI...make me believe again !!!
Old 05-19-07, 12:46 PM   #861
s.stormont
Bilge Rat

The career bug did me in.

I started in Manilla in 1941. Went out on two patrols and Manilla was lost during the third patrol, so I had to dock in Australia. I get the message that a new sub is available and I get the Gato even though it is well before the date that it should be available according to flotilla.upc. Next mission has me starting from Pearl. I go out, complete all objectives, sink 110,000 tons, and return to Pearl (still before the April 18, 1942 date that Pearl is supposed to get the Gato) and get a message saying that I was mothballed for poor performance.
Old 05-19-07, 12:47 PM   #862
Kingswat
Mate

Downloads: 12

Ubi needs to either release a patch or make the game open source so people who care about it can make a patch. Sadly it won't happen because ubisoft seems to be in a competition with EA to become the worst game company ever.
Old 05-19-07, 12:47 PM   #863
nerram
Bilge Rat

make my radar work correctly like in sh1 please~
Old 05-19-07, 12:54 PM   #864
robj250
Sea Lord

Location: Port Hardy, BC, Canada 75 yo with M.S. & C.O.P.D. & heart problems
Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-161
Though Ace of the deep was a realistic simulation gameI hope ubi can fix the problem.
As I am a very elderly person, I have played every submarine simulation; as this aspect of our "history" is fascinating and will grab some people into a new realm of simulation. However, the earlier games had problems, but they were at least playable and some where even patched.

After having a great time playing the original Silent Hunter Command, I heard that SH2 and Destroyer Command were such a great single campaign or multiplayer player game, so I purchased them. I was very sadly disappointed. I open and installed SH2 and when I started to play it, the colours were NOT correct. Whoever heard of a brown sea on which to play on. That was it, I shelved both of them.

Aces of the Deep (Command version) was fantastic for that time of year as a naval simulation where the submarine was the prime character. I spent many an hour(s) playing the game instead of doing my work (like marking student papers). I would be caught up in it so much that I would play for HOURS, many long into the night.

You (Ubisoft) have now disappointed me with SH3, which many developers within the Subsim forum had to fix many, many problems, howerver, there are still hard core problems in the original product that our developers cannot repaire and therefore need to be fixed.

Now you come out with a product, on a rushed release date, which has made many submarine simulation players very, very unhappy with the sloppy product you release, which is really below the standards which you indicated in your advertisements made the SH IV worth buying.

Well, I have heard from people around the globe, plus the people in this forum, discuss the problems in SH IV; so naturally I will not purchase any further games from you (Ubisoft). After I purchased SHIII, I had to upgrade my computer in order to play it, and being a person on a government pension, simply cannot afford to fork out to keep up with the gaming developers. After I upgraded to the recommended requirements, I still had problems and I had many email correspondence in trying to repair the problem I was having. Well, I would like to inform you that your technical "SUPPORT" were unable to solve my problem. I can tell you though, that it was so much a simple matter, that a member of the subsim forum was able to solve the problem for me and now the game (as it is) works, with some hardcore bugs.

So I beg you, PLEASE come out with the necessary patche(s) to make your very well promoted game, PLAYABLE.

I support Neal and all the other people that have responded in this thread, in getting down on my weak knees and asking you to please LET and SUPPORT your team of developers in coming out with a great patch to make SH IV something to remember, before I leave this earth.
Old 05-19-07, 12:58 PM   #865
home2day
Nub

Downloads: 66
Silent Hunter IV Patch 1.3

I've purchased and played all the the Silent Hunter submarine simulations. With each new version, I've been excited, even at the expense of upgrading my computer to meet the new requirements. Now SHIV is outstanding, but it was rushed to the market place...... Patches 1 & 2 made vast improvements. Please take the final steps to complete this great gaming experience.
Old 05-19-07, 12:58 PM   #866
BeRetta
Swabbie

Dont even try to get away with just releasing two patches for this game. It is not even close to finish as it is now. Way to many glitches and annoyances! Start working on the radar issue for instance!
Old 05-19-07, 01:00 PM   #867
kanolsen
A-ganger

Downloads: 5

The game should be a game in development, as there always will be fixes to be made. It will make many people happy.

Kanolsen
Old 05-19-07, 01:02 PM   #868
WWSandMan
Watch

Signing the pettition for a v1.3 patch to correct the myriad issues that still exist in SH4.

To see list of issues that need correcting, just look at the list of gameplay fixes created by the modding community. Requiring the purchasing public to fix what should have been done correctly in the first place is, at best, highly annoying. And there continues to be issues that even the most talented modders can't completely repair (surface radar anyone? ). The modding community should have it's sights set on adding content to the game, not fixing basic flaws.

Patch 1.3 is needed for SH4 to come closer to being a finished product, and worth the purchase price. How many customers have been lost because they read about all the inconsistancies and errors present? You would think the fourth title in a series spanning (how many years?) would be immaculately polished and ready to play out of the box.

Two patches later the community is forced to resort to pettitioning the publisher for another patch.

Take a step back in time to the days when publishers and developers took pride in their work, and it was taken for granted that they would stand behind their product. Dedication to making the product as complete and polished as possible was what brought customers back to buy other titles. And is what keeps older titles on the 'still playing' lists.
Old 05-19-07, 01:02 PM   #869
Thepolack
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 6
Ubisoft

I can't even play this game !! I cannot play for a half hour or so without the game completely crashing. I have had this game since the day it came out and I haven't even been able to finish one patrol. Taking our money and issuing a game like this with all these bugs borders on fraud in my opinion. Fix it or give me money back ! The same was for Silent Hunter III until finally after about a year it was good to go.
Shame !
Old 05-19-07, 01:05 PM   #870
andym
Weps

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

lets get it 100% right,i vote for the patch as well.
Closed Thread