Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-20, 08:15 PM   #8371
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Do you have a cogent point? Or is this another TDS flareup?

Not sure why Trump would want the award or even be recognized by the Nobel committee. The peace prize became a third rate award when they awarded it to a terrorist back in the 90's.
Old 01-10-20, 09:06 PM   #8372
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

It another feather for his ego scaffolding, you know, vanity? Plus he can play the victim up to his crowd knowing they'll eat it up. Show business.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 01-15-20, 07:52 PM   #8373
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Impeachment underway again!

Pelosi says Here, Celebrate! Have a pen!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/
Old 01-16-20, 03:49 AM   #8374
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

"Trump walking fine line in supporting Iran protesters"
ok, that was it for the protesters, iranian government in full charge again.
Do not interfere you §$%&/U(I)!!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1ZF0ET

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 01-16-20, 06:12 AM   #8375
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Impeachment underway again!

Pelosi says Here, Celebrate! Have a pen!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/
The whole mechanism is a politicla brimborium with polticianspolishign their corrupt egos. Turn it into a legal courtcase with judges having the say. Then the lil' boy would be toast.

The whole impeachment mechanism is designed to be a dysfunctional showact only. Ridiculous. Here in Europe many still seem to take it serious. But when such a procedure is not decided on grounds of evidence and guilt proven, but on grounds of political majorities and party loyalties to the death, then it is simply ridiculous and meaningless.
Old 01-16-20, 07:15 AM   #8376
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The whole mechanism is a politicla brimborium with polticianspolishign their corrupt egos. Turn it into a legal courtcase with judges having the say. Then the lil' boy would be toast.
The impeachment process is a political one and rightly so. If it were solely a legal one handled by the courts then no president and I mean NO president would escape endless court challenges to his administration. It would be an unworkable system.

When the Speaker of the House gives out souvenir pens you know the whole thing is a joke.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-16-20, 07:25 AM   #8377
Skybird
Soaring

You could defend a murderer staying in office with that flawed logic ^.

Even leading personell must be counterchecked and monitored. Your system makes itr an issue of party loyalty and corrupt gang bulding whether or not a corrupt leader gets held accountable. What you have this way, is not a president, but an emperor.

You also allow the maximum of time being given to the offender to maximise the overall damages he causes by his ignorrance of laws and rules. I think it is wiser to interrupt him, to prevent him from keeping to do what he is doing when breaking laws, and to prevent damages getting maximised.

An offender is an offender, and if there is evidence that he is, he must be removed for powers - and must be remived NOW, not just at the end of the legislation term, and only if the voter agrees. An offender is an offender. A state leader shall nbot be allwoed to stand above the law. He should in fact setting an exmaple in following the laws.

It seems to me that Western election frequntly just spill the foulest dirt to the top of the hierachy, everyhwere. The liars, the cheaters, the psychopaths, tthe fraudsters, the criminals, the corrupt, the narcissists, the self-servants.
Old 01-16-20, 09:42 AM   #8378
u crank

Quote:
You could defend a murderer staying in office with that flawed logic ^.
How so? Your lack of understanding about the American system is what has you saying things that make no sense. In that system you have the executive, congress and the judicial branches. If two of those branches, congress and the judicial branch were to work together there would be a much stronger case to remove the president from office. It didn't work against Clinton but it did against Nixon. Once the Supreme court ordered Nixon to turn over evidence he had refuse to, Nixon resigned.

So the question here is why the Democrats in Congress not persuing this path? Two of many possibilities. One is that they know that the evidence and witnesses they are seeking won't move the needle. The other is time. They don't have it. One could almost surmise that Nancy Pelosi is a Joe Biden supporter. While Biden will be campaigning in Iowa, Senators Warren and Sanders will be sitting in the Senate chamber. These people are their own worst enemies.

So criticize 'little boy' all you like. I'm not a fan. But you really should be paying attention to what his political opponents are doing.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-16-20, 10:24 AM   #8379
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I have always said if Trump have violated some law, then prosecute him.

I also have to say I have the feeling that it's more a political vengeance against Trump from the Dem.

Yesterday I read on Danish News page that 6 or 7 of the judge commission(can't remember exact word) are Dem all of them.

This made me feel it is already given, what the outcome will be...this made me sad.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 01-16-20, 10:31 AM   #8380
Skybird
Soaring

I absolutely understand it, and I see through it. You celebrate a holy mass that has nothing holy in it. You are too easily believing claimed stuff and think because something is written down a long time ago, things are like it says. I never was anti-American by the old idea of it, quite the opposite. But the existing reality of it more and more makes me an anti-American regarding the America that is. The difference between the idea and the reality - has become ever wider in the past ten, fifteeen, twenty years. You anbd me maybe cna agree on how it historivclaly wa smeant. But on the present state of things we cannot. And I do not think this trend will chnage over my lifetime. Indeed I think the trend will never reverse again, and the US will become more and more tyrannical.

You are too self-convinced, as a citgizen of the US I mean. But from outside your country's borders it is easier to see that this is no longer justified, since your supremacy does not base on justice or better moral example anymore, but bases on simple brute force. Thats all.

Sorry, but after the past years, the world has fundamentally changed its view of you again. You cannot seriously expect others do still think high of the US after the past years. Or maybe you can do, while others expect that for themselves as well: China, the EU, Russia. And you know how I think about the EU. Why should I think better of the US...???

The global post-WWII order is over. Its dead. NATO cannot be trusted to serve its original founding intention anymore. As far as I am concerned, I do not see the US as an ally anymore, nor a friend. Its an economic foe, and a political rival and foe. Nothing else than this. Major share of the credit for this is to be given to Trump, but not him alone, he is not the cause, but was made possible as a symptom by a longer lasting degenerative, corrosive process in the decades before.

"Nations have no friends. Nations have interests." (Jack Kornblum). And since half or full a year or so I indeed increasingly think that the changes in America forces us to orient ourselves closer towards the East indeed. That is the fruit of the seeds Trump has sown, and already Obama before him, but Trump really let go in sowing: loose all your friends, find plenty of new enemies. Enjoy. Soon it will be no longer your choice to opt for isolationism or not, but you will have no other choice than to accept it, since you have alienated all others. We will not do too well by appoeasing Russia and especialla China, and then Islam. But the US has plotted a course where it does not set itself apart as an alternative. Indeed nobody does spy on us as aggressively and invasively, as the US. A friend we cannot see in you anymore.
Old 01-16-20, 10:34 AM   #8381
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have always said if Trump have violated some law, then prosecute him.

I also have to say I have the feeling that it's more a political vengeance against Trump from the Dem.

Yesterday I read on Danish News page that 6 or 7 of the judge commission(can't remember exact word) are Dem all of them.

This made me feel it is already given, what the outcome will be...this made me sad.

Markus
Impeachment process is no legal prosecution. Its a show. The accused one's men count against the other side's men. The bigger number wins. Arguments, evidence: irrelevant. Neutral instance deicding on the evidnce: non.-existent. No court. No judge.

Its not meant to work.

Show. Like Wrestling. Its not real.
Old 01-16-20, 11:56 AM   #8382
u crank

Quote:
And I do not think this trend will chnage over my lifetime. Indeed I think the trend will never reverse again, and the US will become more and more tyrannical.
I don't see it. Not much has changed. Is Trump more tyrannical than Obama? I could easily make good arguments to support either claim. I'm 69 years old and I don't see a whole lot of difference in any administration in my lifetime. The biggest change that I notice today is the hyper partisan nature of politics. That I blame on the advent of social media. Thirty years ago if a polititian wanted to say something he had to find a reporter and a TV camera. Today he picks up his phone. People say stupid things.

Quote:
You are too self-convinced, as a citgizen of the US I mean.
Once again Skybird I will remind you. I am not now nor have I ever been an American citizen. But I do like to follow American politics. It's the big league.

Quote:
Neutral instance deicding on the evidnce: non.-existent. No court. No judge.
And there is the problem with an impeachment that is based not solely on criminal chargres but also on political crimes. In the US judges are political appointees. What guarantee can you give that they would act in an impartial manner? The framers of the constitution set the impeachment bar very high for just that reason. If the Democrats can make a case that Trump has committed actual crimes rather that political crimes then public opinion and political support will turn against him. That is what happened to Richard Nixon. But the charges against Trump, ‎abuse of power‎, ‎obstruction of Congress could easily be leveled against Pelosi and Schiff. It is not a very strong case and will almost certainly fail to remove Trump from office.

Quote:
Its not meant to work.
It is meant to work in the political arena and and yes it is mostly show. The creepy video of Democrats walking the impeachment articles over to the Senate that resembles some kind of religious ceremony is proof of that.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-16-20, 12:17 PM   #8383
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Watchdog: White House violated law in freezing Ukraine aid
https://apnews.com/9127109f325778490fd40c5f98be1817

Quote:
The Government Accountability Office said in a report that the Office of Management and Budget violated the law in holding up the aid, which Congress passed less than a year ago, saying “the President is not vested with the power to ignore or amend any such duly enacted law.”
[..]
The independent agency, which reports to Congress, said OMB violated the Impoundment Control Act in delaying the security assistance Congress authorized for Ukraine for “policy reasons,” rather than technical budgetary needs.

“Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law,” wrote the agency’s general counsel, Thomas Armstrong, in the report.
Old 01-16-20, 12:24 PM   #8384
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

I'm gonna say this.
Since WHEN does putting one letter at a time on a document become a signature?
And who exactly paid for all those pens and what did each one cost?
I think we need an investigation into all that crap!

Actually surprised they didn't change a shoe at each step as those shoes are now history right?
Totally expect the freaking under pants they wore to go up for sale on E-Bay soon!
Poop stains and all!

Nothing but a big show that Mr. Barnum would have been proud of!
Old 01-16-20, 01:30 PM   #8385
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I'm gonna say this.
Since WHEN does putting one letter at a time on a document become a signature?
And who exactly paid for all those pens and what did each one cost?
I think we need an investigation into all that crap!

Actually surprised they didn't change a shoe at each step as those shoes are now history right?
Totally expect the freaking under pants they wore to go up for sale on E-Bay soon!
Poop stains and all!

Nothing but a big show that Mr. Barnum would have been proud of!

That's funny Jeff unless it really happens ... What I find ironic is that the
Democrats actually think that the GOP is going to go along with them by turning over the WH to VP Pence and then even go so far to think that Biden could win in the National 2020 election.

The odds are against them and always have been ... This whole thing has been just for show to the uneducated voters.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter