Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-16, 08:47 PM   #736
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
3 American contractors kidnapped in Baghdad, guess we know how this is going to turn out.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/th...8351?cid=sm_fb
Hopefully all will end well but not confident

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 09:15 PM   #737
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Why are civilians still being put in harms way there? If there's construction work to be done then why isn't the US Engineering Corps doing it? Or even the REMEs?
The more western civilians we put into Iraq or Syria, the more likely it is that they're going to be used against us as propaganda tools by Daesh.

Of course, it works both ways, a dead western civilian increases support for action against Daesh within a populace who is indifferent to the local civilian casualties caused by Daesh...so a cynical person might say that that is the reason why civilian contractors are still in Iraq...well, that and money.

Either which way, my thoughts go out to the families of these men and I hope that if they are to die, then it is as quick as possible, and I also hope that the media refrain from blasting it all over the front pages where the families will see it...but I might as well hope for peace in the Middle East while I'm hoping for that.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 09:18 PM   #738
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

^ Companies greed for financial gain and the urge of individuals to work for inflated wages they can't get in their home countries

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 05:32 AM   #739
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Former Dutch soldier may face charges for killing IS jihadis

Quote:
A former Dutch commando who has been fighting alongside an armed Kurdish group against IS in Syria has been arrested in the Netherlands. Jitse A was picked up in Arnhem and is being investigated for his role in killing Islamic State jihadis while fighting with YPG forces, the public prosecution department said in a statement.
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2016/01/83438-2/

I really like this part:
Quote:
Dutch nationals who take up arms against IS fall under Dutch criminal law and can be prosecuted if they commit crimes. No decision has yet been taken on whether he should face criminal charges.
If he where to be charged it adds up nicely to the fact when Dutch Jihadists return they're to be pampered and treated with care as they probably where misunderstood and couldn't help the crimes they commited against Humanity.

Personally I would buy him a couple of beers to thank him.
Old 01-18-16, 05:37 AM   #740
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

Ive been following this case a little bit. The tricky aspect is that almost all of the testimony against him is hearsay and coincidental stuff.

I don't for a second believe he's innocent, but we gotta prove stuff first.
Old 01-18-16, 05:41 AM   #741
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
I don't for a second believe he's innocent.
I think we can agree that between all combatants involved in the war against IS you can drop the word ''Innocence''

EDIT:

Quote:
The tricky aspect is that almost all of the testimony against him is hearsay and coincidental stuff.
Where would I be able to find these, would love to get to know more about it then what the Dutch Newspapers give me.

Last edited by HunterICX; 01-18-16 at 06:24 AM.
HunterICX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 06:56 AM   #742
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Why are civilians still being put in harms way there? If there's construction work to be done then why isn't the US Engineering Corps doing it? Or even the REMEs?
The more western civilians we put into Iraq or Syria, the more likely it is that they're going to be used against us as propaganda tools by Daesh.

Of course, it works both ways, a dead western civilian increases support for action against Daesh within a populace who is indifferent to the local civilian casualties caused by Daesh...so a cynical person might say that that is the reason why civilian contractors are still in Iraq...well, that and money.

Either which way, my thoughts go out to the families of these men and I hope that if they are to die, then it is as quick as possible, and I also hope that the media refrain from blasting it all over the front pages where the families will see it...but I might as well hope for peace in the Middle East while I'm hoping for that.
We don't want the Army Corps of Engineers over there for just this very reason, they would be nothing but targets. Because we would have ti get the Iraqi Govt approval for that, and they wouldn't do that without the ok from Tehran. Plus that jackass Muqtada "The fat pig" al Sadr says if American troops of any kind come to Iraq, his group will hunt them down. We should have put a bullet in his brain a long time ago.

So that leaves this type of work to contractors who want to make good money. These 3 were working at the Baghdad airport, and they are not even sure Daesh has them. Could be any one of the many groups over there. 26 hunters from Qatar were kidnapped a while ago in southern Iraq, no word on where they are or who has them. I don't know what you would hunt in Iraq, besides terrorist! Or why would you go hunting in Iraq in the first place!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 06:59 AM   #743
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Former Dutch soldier may face charges for killing IS jihadis

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2016/01/83438-2/

I really like this part:
If he where to be charged it adds up nicely to the fact when Dutch Jihadists return they're to be pampered and treated with care as they probably where misunderstood and couldn't help the crimes they commited against Humanity.

Personally I would buy him a couple of beers to thank him.
There are a few Americans fighting with the Kurds too, sure won't get into trouble over here for that! Hell, I'd give them a medal plus buy the beer!

Al Capone
Old 01-18-16, 07:04 AM   #744
eddie
Ocean Warrior

This just in from Fox news Oberon-
A spokesman for Baghdad's Joint Operations Command told The Washington Post that the three citizens were Iraqis who had acquired U.S. citizenship. A Baghdad police official said they worked as contractors at Baghdad International Airport, but did not say which country employed them.

The police official and a building resident both told the Post that the apartment the Americans were taken from is well-known in the area as a brothel and is subject to frequent raids by Shiite militias, including the Iran-backed Asa’ib ah al-Haqq.

Stupid is as stupid does!

Al Capone
Old 01-18-16, 07:11 AM   #745
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
This just in from Fox news Oberon-
A spokesman for Baghdad's Joint Operations Command told The Washington Post that the three citizens were Iraqis who had acquired U.S. citizenship. A Baghdad police official said they worked as contractors at Baghdad International Airport, but did not say which country employed them.

The police official and a building resident both told the Post that the apartment the Americans were taken from is well-known in the area as a brothel and is subject to frequent raids by Shiite militias, including the Iran-backed Asa’ib ah al-Haqq.

Stupid is as stupid does!
Ah, I can see why they would be considered top notch for the job, having the local knowledge but yeah...I don't think you could pay me enough to work in Baghdad, at least not without Western army bodyguards backing me up. But yes, their sexual urges have really put them in the crap this time, poor sods...but like you say, bad move on their behalf and they really should have known better having already left Iraq once.
Old 01-19-16, 04:38 PM   #746
Oberon
Lucky Jack

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4New...3464748691939/
Old 01-19-16, 06:27 PM   #747
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

As the person I'm. I would, if I had the money like Daesh has, I would create an organization like Red Cross to help people in need.

Now this is about thinking or try to think like a terrorist leader if I was such a type

I would create three types of terrorist

The low type terrorist-These will get about 3-6 month training in handling explosive and to use a gun/machine gun-These terrorist will be used as suicide terrorist.

The Medium terrorist-These will get about a year or so of training-I will use these to attack the infrastructure in other countries

The Expert-These will get a 4-5 yeas of training-Like The American Navy Seal or the English SAS- These I will use against other countries high rank officer and politicians.

As stated above I would rather create an organization like Red Cross, then Create things that harm people.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 08:20 PM   #748
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I loved the way they get into the face of those radicals!

Al Capone
Old 01-19-16, 11:58 PM   #749
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
There are a few Americans fighting with the Kurds too, sure won't get into trouble over here for that! Hell, I'd give them a medal plus buy the beer!
Yes they will it is illegal for any US citizen to fight in a foreign armed force. This is why Western Europeans and North Americans that do go do not identify themselves by name. Nor do they state where they where when they return home.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-16, 02:34 AM   #750
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
Yes they will it is illegal for any US citizen to fight in a foreign armed force. This is why Western Europeans and North Americans that do go do not identify themselves by name. Nor do they state where they where when they return home.
Are you sure about that? As long as they don't fight for an enemy army, little if anything will be done to them.

"Unlike Americans joining Islamic State, who can face terrorism charges, citizens like them risk little trouble back home. U.S. officials say volunteering to fight overseas, while discouraged, isn’t illegal if an American isn’t joining an enemy or group the U.S. labels terrorist."

And they gave their names and the FBI knows they are there. 2 former Iraq war veterans!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-amer...sis-1441362601

Al Capone

Tags
terrorism