SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-06-11, 05:54 PM   #61
Paris_England
Soundman

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

that's good news Spearchucker!

You're right -- it does look odd. I need to play with the isBadWeather() call to see if if the function can return other parts of the weather array. If we're lucky we'll get isBadWeather("precipitation") = 1 for light rain, =2 for medium etc. Same for wind and fog.

I hope this is the case -- if anyone's messed with this and knows the answer great, let me know Otherwise I'll be looking into it.

@ Capt Jones -- Thanks for the heads up

I don't know what the issue is with the double load. Makes me suspicious
Paris_England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 05:59 PM   #62
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris_England View Post
that's good news Spearchucker!

You're right -- it does look odd. I need to play with the isBadWeather() call to see if if the function can return other parts of the weather array. If we're lucky we'll get isBadWeather("precipitation") = 1 for light rain, =2 for medium etc. Same for wind and fog.
IsBadWeather function only returns a boolean value
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 08:54 PM   #63
mia389
中国水兵

Downloads: 130

Tested v3b tonight. Was much better. I did not experience crew staying on deck this time. However, They got stuck below at some point and never came back up.

I had them under with the guns being manned. I then was involved with a convoy and decked gun a few and started my long trip home. On the way home I thought to myself, "Lets let the guy on decks". Seas were calm no one around. I did have them load an external torpeado but they didnt want to come out lol.

I tried a few things to get them to come out. Manned unmanned deck gun and flak guns. Went to periscope depth. Did a sound check making sure no enemies around. Armed unarmed battle stations. Nothing was working. I TCed 24 hours and still had same problem. I then saved and loaded mission up and they were on deck
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 09:30 PM   #64
Paris_England
Soundman

Thanks TDW. I thought that might be the case. Do you know any way to pass ship speed and depth or any of the weather variables to the crew?

@Mia, things probably got stuck when you went into the hunter/hunted state with the convoy. There's nothing in the script that deals directly with this yet so that's the most likely cause.

Although, the story about the bosun not coming out of the hunted state from earlier in this thread is a bit worrying.

We'll get it sorted. I'm working on the Hunter/Hunted now. It'll take a bit of time as I have to add and position waypoints plus figure out some animations, but hopefully that'll sort out the remaining problems.

Again, thanks all for your input

Last edited by Paris_England; 08-06-11 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-07-11, 10:52 AM   #65
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
I then saved and loaded mission up and they were on deck

Ah, this seems to fix a lot of issues that happen with mods. Too bad it can also create them. (sunny day becomes huge storm, injured ships get full health)
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 02:20 PM   #66
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Can´t wait to try it!

EDIT: This TDW´s Schnorkel-Mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...18&postcount=1) overwrite your MC-Mod. Is this OK?

I do not use MO nor TDW´s UI.

I use reper7´s UI 4.14 and Stormfly sound mod 1.3+version6beta.

I have downloaded and activated 0.0.3b version, but I have constantly a CTD´s:´-(

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 08-07-11 at 04:03 PM.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 04:07 PM   #67
Paris_England
Soundman

At this point, there is a conflict in NSS_Uboat7x.prt file with this and the schnorkel nod. DON'T USE BOTH.

Shouldn't be to difficult a fix for compatability once this is completed -- I'm just using a couple of mergeCTrls (haven't looked at TDW's mod yet to see what he's done). I'm fairly sure it wouldn't take long to add my stuff into his (if TDW's OK with that) or vv.

I'll figure out compatibility once my mod is out of beta

P
Old 08-07-11, 04:19 PM   #68
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

OK, thanks Paris. And my 2. question?

Can I use your MC mod, when I do not use MO nor TDW´s UI?

I have downloaded and activated 0.0.3b version, but I have constantly a CTD´s:´-(
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 04:35 PM   #69
Paris_England
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
OK, thanks Paris. And my 2. question?

Can I use your MC mod, when I do not use MO nor TDW´s UI?

It's Stormfly's sound mod which will be crashing your system -- his mod alters the same files as I'm using. The next version of More Crew will alleviate this.

People are saying it works without MO __ Your mileage may vary, but give it a shot.
Old 08-07-11, 08:38 PM   #70
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
It's Stormfly's sound mod which will be crashing your system -- his mod alters the same files as I'm using. The next version of More Crew will alleviate this.

...i have no CTD`s by installing it over SDBM`s additional crew sound`s beta 6, ive also merged it now for testing and it run fine so far.

good to know that you found a solution for seperating it.

...it should also run without MO or TDW UI, as iam testing it atm with Dr.Jones MAGui without a problem.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 10:13 PM   #71
Paris_England
Soundman

Thanks for the clarification SF .... and on rereading my post it sounds like I'm blaming your mod for crashes -- which I'm not. I'm pretty sure that if the crew.aix file gets overwritten in my mod that things will go bad

And on that note, I can't say what may be causing the issue. I'd certainly be wary of anything that overwrites the .aix file and the .prt file for now.

V0.4, when released, will not change the aix file so that'll be safe. Don't know what I can do about the prt file as I use that heavily to introduce the new crew nodes. And very soon, this will be in conflict with TDW's new UI.

And there's more bad news Looks like either the hunted or hunter state (maybe both) doesn't get dropped consistently, if at all. I think it was StormFly who mentioned about the bosun not leaving hunted state earlier in the thread.

I have crew who now react to hunted/hunter but never leave their posts once the routine has been called.

So hunter/hunted and battlestations are FUBAR as far as the crew states are concerned. More problems that need resolved.

P
Old 08-07-11, 10:30 PM   #72
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Don't know what I can do about the prt file as I use that heavily to introduce the new crew nodes. And very soon, this will be in conflict with TDW's new UI.
I use the .prt files heavily also for new waypoints for the Real Uboat crew mod I've been working on I also use the .aix files...
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 10:47 PM   #73
Chevelless
Mate

Downloads: 30

make a version compatible with stock SH5 and snorkel mod pls?
Chevelless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 12:38 AM   #74
Kopcap
Nub

Downloads: 294

Good afternoon.
About to add to your mod, more to the crew deck gun, is it possible in future?
Now the calculation of a deck gun 2 people, it would be good to add at least another three, or more to your liking.
And is there a possibility that would be fired from a deck gun, the calculation gave the shells from the wheelhouse to the deck gun?
Kopcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 12:41 AM   #75
Paris_England
Soundman

@TDW -- this was kinda why I asked a few days back whether you were still pursuing your similar mod. I misinterpreted your answer.

As it stands, to make my MC mod compatible with MO and/or your user interface you'd have to include the .prt calls and waypoint files from my mod with your UI/MO. As you're working on the same thing yourself, I can't really see that being likely as you're going to end up with an MC mod of your own making already included (and compatible) with these two highly popular and successful mods. If I try to make MC compatible with your mods, I'd have to update it every time you release a new version -- and that kind of housekeeping is not really what I wanted to get involved with.

So, if you're continuing with your Real Crew mod, it's kinda pointless for me to continue with this considering the aim is to fill out the crew without causing more problems with mod soup. Your Real Crew mod will achieve that just fine