SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Tea, Coffee or other?
Tea 15 31.91%
Coffee 28 59.57%
Other 9 19.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-17, 10:09 AM   #61
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I drink more tea in summer than coffee and in winter its the other way around, wonder why?

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-19, 01:43 PM   #62
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

I believe that if you guys tried Lapsang Souchong tea then the results of this poll would be very different... the stuff is almost addictive

It doesn't "stew" like other teas if you leave it brewing for too long, and it has the same smoky peaty aroma and flavour as Aerstone Land Cask or Laphroaig malt whiskies
Old 02-01-19, 08:40 PM   #63
FullMetalADCAP
Gunner

Downloads: 25

Sweet tea here. Switched to sweet tea from soda years ago. Less than half the sugar and not carbonated which means less gas and bloating. Stomach flattened out and I lost weight making that switch. Now I'm trying to switch to just plain old water permanently. Or ice cold water with lemon slices in it.
FullMetalADCAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-19, 12:40 AM   #64
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalADCAP View Post
Or ice cold water with lemon slices in it.

Bigelow makes this stuff. It's pretty close to water. I like it, and put about a tablespoon of sugar in an entire pitcher. lol

For good tea I drink PG Tips

Old 02-02-19, 01:20 AM   #65
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

I love my freshly ground coffee. But a few years ago my wife and I visited Japan. Instead of coffee, the hotel supplied a couple of sencha tea bags and an electric kettle. Now, I like tea as much as the next guy - but I thought "Oh boy. Is this going to be enough to wake me up?"

Well, a couple of cups and about an hour later - I was as wired as you can get. Apparently sencha has quite a lot of caffeine. And thus started my love affair with Japanese green tea.

I buy mine from the same shop that I bought some from in Japan - Ippodo. Although I have developed much more of an affection for matcha than sencha. But I do still enjoy a good cup or three of sencha.
Old 02-02-19, 01:22 AM   #66
FullMetalADCAP
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Bigelow makes this stuff. It's pretty close to water. I like it, and put about a tablespoon of sugar in an entire pitcher. lol

For good tea I drink PG Tips
I'm in the U.S. so I'm not sure if the local stores around here carry either of those brands? I usually just get the Great Value brand sweet tea at Walmart and use a tea maker thingy-ma-bob to brew it in on the counter. Takes like 15-20 minutes to make a gallon.

I use very little sugar. Most store brand pre-made sweet tea has about 25 grams of sugar compared to a soda that has 45 grams. I try to make my sweet tea at the 10 -15 gram level at the most. I don't like it overly sweet and don't like it too watered down either. Some batches turn out better than others even when I try my best to make it the same way every single time. But at least if I keep the sugar down I can always add in a little more. Once it's too sweat, it's compromised and down the drain it goes.
Old 02-02-19, 01:35 AM   #67
FullMetalADCAP
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel B. View Post
I love my freshly ground coffee. But a few years ago my wife and I visited Japan. Instead of coffee, the hotel supplied a couple of sencha tea bags and an electric kettle. Now, I like tea as much as the next guy - but I thought "Oh boy. Is this going to be enough to wake me up?"

Well, a couple of cups and about an hour later - I was as wired as you can get. Apparently sencha has quite a lot of caffeine. And thus started my love affair with Japanese green tea.

I buy mine from the same shop that I bought some from in Japan - Ippodo. Although I have developed much more of an affection for matcha than sencha. But I do still enjoy a good cup or three of sencha.
That's funny! Reminds me of when I was stationed in Naples, Italy for several years when I was in the Navy and I ordered a coffee and it was just at tiny little thing but it was the strongest cup of coffee I've ever had in my life. It was so deceptive! Sort of like the movie Men in Black where the one guy had the big pulse rifle and the other got that puny little peashooter but the puny gun was way more powerful.
Old 02-02-19, 03:36 AM   #68
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quit coffee completely 3-4 months ago and switched to tea, rich earl grey mostly.
Still trying to find a tea that has enough taste to it without having to add sugar.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-19, 07:52 AM   #69
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Quote:
That's funny! Reminds me of when I was stationed in Naples, Italy for several years when I was in the Navy and I ordered a coffee and it was just at tiny little thing but it was the strongest cup of coffee I've ever had in my life. It was so deceptive! Sort of like the movie Men in Black where the one guy had the big pulse rifle and the other got that puny little peashooter but the puny gun was way more powerful.
I reckon you were given real 'espresso'... I once had some made for me by an Italian guy at the digs where I was staying: it was in a tiny white cup and you could almost stand your spoon up in it, it was so strong
Old 02-02-19, 08:55 AM   #70
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I'm in the U.S. so I'm not sure if the local stores around here carry either of those brands?

Walmart and Target both carry Bigelow and PG Tips.