SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-19-11, 01:48 PM   #7396
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi TDW !

Is it possible to make the little "Window" from the EventCamera, that popped up when a ship sinking for example, draggable ? That we can drag this little window from EventCamera to another position of the screen/UI ?

And this maybe as an new UserOption, e.g.: "Is EventCamera draggable" yes or no ? Similar as the XO Dialog screen !

Do you know what I mean ?

Best regards,
Magic
The stock game had it draggable already (the little 4 arrow symbol in the upper left corner). I added it to the mod's list of draggable items so that it's position is stored at game end and restored at game start Will be available in next version.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 01:49 PM   #7397
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarman_1019 View Post
TDW, if you could help.

I tried to install the New UI 5.6.1, oddly the first time I did it, it simply didn't work. All the icons were on the screen at the same time and nothing was draggable or operational. Also, the journal and other thing on the menu screen were not operational. So I uninstalled it. I went back to the post and saw some troubleshooting tips so i reinstalled. This time it CTD after initial loading screen. Can't even get to main menu. I redownloaded and reinstalled thinking it could be a bit didn't transfer correctly or something, but still get CTD after initial loading screen. I really want to use this mod, but am i missing something. Someone please help.

System:
Windows XP SP3
3GHz dual core
SH5 patched to 1.2 (Downloaded Version)
No other mods.
I did try changing user options, and leaving them in default mode, no change.
Are you sure you are patched to version 1.2 of the game? Run the game updater included with SH5 to ensure you are.

Did you edit the options file? If so, try just enabling the mod as is without editing anything. Are you enabling any of the add-on mods?

If you are patched to v1.2 of the game then what does the DbgView log look like when starting the game? Can you send it to me?
Old 06-19-11, 01:52 PM   #7398
jericho791
A-ganger

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0

I can, how do I send it to you. I left the options defaulted with no change as well.
USS Annapolis (SSN 760)
USS Oklahoma City (SSN 723)
USS Mississippi (SSN 782) Plank Owner
USS Hartford (SSN 768)
USS San Juan (SSN 751)

jericho791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 02:32 PM   #7399
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl View Post
Hi my friend ! Good to see you back !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The stock game had it draggable already (the little 4 arrow symbol in the upper left corner). I added it to the mod's list of draggable items so that it's position is stored at game end and restored at game start Will be available in next version.
Many thanks TDW, perfect solution !!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 06-19-11, 04:06 PM   #7400
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarman_1019 View Post
I can, how do I send it to you. I left the options defaulted with no change as well.
you can use www.rapidshare.com to send me a link to the file via PM
Old 06-19-11, 04:37 PM   #7401
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Default Another suggestion...

Hi TDW !

Is it possible please, to have another additional Teleport Menu Option: Teleport to Control-Room (CR) ?

Current I´ve only the option to teleport from Bridge to Radio,- or Sonarroom ! I want to have the option, that I can me directly teleport from Bridge (or another Station) to ControlRoom !

Is this possible please ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 06-19-11, 05:13 PM   #7402
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi TDW !

Is it possible please, to have another additional Teleport Menu Option: Teleport to Control-Room (CR) ?

Current I´ve only the option to teleport from Bridge to Radio,- or Sonarroom ! I want to have the option, that I can me directly teleport from Bridge (or another Station) to ControlRoom !

Is this possible please ?
The CR is a very tricky one because it's not an actual station or place to teleport to. Depending on whether you're submerged or surfaced determines whether you end up in the CR or on the bridge (topside). I make no promises as to whether I can make it work or not but I will try.
Old 06-19-11, 06:36 PM   #7403
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

For anyone having problems with v6.5.1 (either CTD or loading problems or any other major problem) please PM me and I'll send you a version with lots of debug output so you can run DbgView before launching game so I can try and figure out what is causing the problem(s)
Old 06-20-11, 03:30 AM   #7404
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
The CR is a very tricky one because it's not an actual station or place to teleport to. Depending on whether you're submerged or surfaced determines whether you end up in the CR or on the bridge (topside). I make no promises as to whether I can make it work or not but I will try.
Many thanks TDW, that you´ll try it to make it work !!!

Let us hope, that you're successful !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 06-20-11, 03:43 AM   #7405
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156

Quote:
I, too, hope you'll find a solution.
While on the subject:
It's easy to teleport by using hotkeys from the topside bridge down to the radio or sonar room or to UZO (or periscopes), but there seems to be no direct teleporting back to topside bridge (or am I missing something?). I've been using following trick to teleport from below deck up to the bridge: 1. teleport key to UZO 2. press Esc key, and voilá I'm on the bridge.
Could there be a more direct way?
Old 06-20-11, 03:31 PM   #7406
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentenc3 View Post
TDW Hello, please tell me if there is any way to keep in the log entries are written all and only able to write what I like, thanks.
This was a great suggestion After investigating as to how I could implement this and then developing my plan on how to do it I have finally added it to the mod

You'll see there are 3 new buttons added to the ship's journal. The first one that looks like a disk drive has the following functions:
- if highlighted then each new entry added by the game or the player (via add new entry) will be written to the ship's journal file selected (whether they are visible or not)
- if not highlighted then each new entry added by the game or the player (via add new entry) will not be written to the ship's journal file selected

The new button with an S in it has the following functions:
- if highlighted then each new entry added by the game or the player (via add new entry) will be displayed in the ship's journal box (if the entry was meant to be displayed and not classified as hidden by game)
- if not highlighted then each new entry added by the game or the player (via add new entry) will not be displayed in the ship's journal box (if the entry was meant to be displayed and not classified as hidden by game)

The new button with an M in it has the following functions:
- if highlighted then each new entry added by the game or the player (via add new entry) will be displayed in the messagebox (if the entry was meant to be displayed and not classified as hidden by game)
- if not highlighted then each new entry added by the game or the player (via add new entry) will not be displayed in the messagebox (if the entry was meant to be displayed and not classified as hidden by game)

As you can see this provides great flexibility to the log entries generated by the game and the player

One can change the state of any of these buttons at any time to control the log entries. One can also define the state of the buttons at game start via a new user option:

# what mode is the ship's journal/messagebox at game start?
# this is a bit pattern value where:
# bit 0 defines whether entries are saved to ship's journal file
# bit 1 defines whether entries are displayed in ship's journal
# bit 2 defines whether entries are displayed in messagebox
# a value of 0x7 will show entries in messagebox and ship's journal and save entries to ship's journal file
ShipsJournalLogging = 0x7

Once I finish updating the Ship's Journal Viewer app with the recent changes I'll send this to the person who suggested it so they can test it out
Old 06-20-11, 05:54 PM   #7407
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

New version of Ship's Journal Viewer app:

As you can see there are some changes. Mainly the checkboxes for each node were removed. Those check boxes were used to enable/disable visibility of the entries in the game. Now you will find 2 sub-nodes under an entry:
- the first one controls whether the entry is visible in the ship's journal box
- the second one controls whether the entry is visible in the messagebox

You double click the nodes mentioned above to change them

A 'Save as' has been added to the File drop down menu.

Many errors have been fixed in this version.

Will be included in v6.6.0

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-20-11 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-22-11, 06:25 AM   #7408
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Suggestion in regarding to ship Journal....!

Hi TDW !

Is it possible to define a Hotkey-Option in Options.py to appear/disappear the Ship-Journal ? Similar as for Funk-Messages ?

And second question: Why is the ship-Journal after Loading a save-game empty (UI 6.5.1) ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 06-22-11, 08:07 AM   #7409
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
@ TDW - two more questions

1. Would it be possible to get the TDC dials scrollable like when adjusting the draggable compass or setting the HUD?

2. I have been trying to move the "Crash Dive" order button (C) to whatever else for some days now but.. no luck.
My problem is that when I want to move e.g. a mark on the nav map (which is done by pressing "C") the crash dive order overrides and my sub goes below...

Is there some setting to check and/or where can this be fixed?

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 08:22 AM   #7410
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
1. Would it be possible to get the TDC dials scrollable like when adjusting the draggable compass or setting the HUD?

2. I have been trying to move the "Crash Dive" order button (C) to whatever else for some days now but.. no luck.
My problem is that when I want to move e.g. a mark on the nav map (which is done by pressing "C") the crash dive order overrides and my sub goes below...

Is there some setting to check and/or where can this be fixed?

//
1. Explain more what you are wanting to see/happen

2. If you are using the keyboard for crash dive (via the options file) you can assign the hotkey for it to any key you want:

# the hotkey used for crash dive
# Format:
#
# CrashDiveKey = [ False, None, False, False, False, False ]
# False = enabled
# None = key used
# False = shift key required
# False = ctrl required
# False = alt required
# False = handled
#
# so if you wanted the crash dive hot key to be shift + P:
# CrashDiveKey = [ True, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.P, True, False, False, False ]
#
# if you didn't want to assign a hotkey for crash dive:
# CrashDiveKey = [ False, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.P, False, False, False, False ]
CrashDiveKey = [ False, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.P, True, False, False, False ]

If you've assigned crash dive to a key via commands.cfg then you need to change the key used in that file.

Hope that info helps. If not, let me know what you are still needing/trying to do

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui