SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-18-12, 02:32 PM   #691
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

For the orange box is not a alone mesh,it is include in QR2_objects ,i must see if there a possibility of cheating by editing the. GR2 directly (the same as I did to the files for the interior mod of SteelViking) with a transparent texture

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 03:02 PM   #692
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
One more bug to report:
Trying to open 'data/Characters/CharacterBodyParts.gr2' gives the following error:
*** GR2DataTypeDefinition: Unknown data type found of 0xE ***
I don't know why it worked before but 0xE is a new type to the app. It's been added to the known types and defined. Code adjusted to work with it also (for editing purposes)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 03:18 PM   #693
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Great TDW,after that you have write ,i have try to open the charatere.gr2 with goblin and nothing to see but with the granny viewer all works

For the orange box in QR2 sorry,but it does not work (ham, bananas disappear) and the crate does not disappear

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 02-18-12 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-18-12, 03:40 PM   #694
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Why don't you just reposition the mesh? You have that ability with the app. Move them to the floor or to another place.
Good idea!
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 03:48 PM   #695
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Hey BIGREG, did you try importing any obj files into Blender? When trying to import obj from the editor it fails: Blender shows several errors, so I did this:
export meshes, open in Wings3D, from Wings export to obj, fire Blender up, import into Blender and it works, I can see complete QR2_Room in it. I wonder if you tried importing into Blender? I guess it is the parameters of import that cause these errors.
I would forego this Blender completely Wings is not worse but Wings doesn't do animations, I recon with time TDW will add animations export function and then we will need Blender.
Old 02-18-12, 03:54 PM   #696
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:
... I'm going to add the ability to open multiple GR2 files in the editor. ...
That would be cool but only if it is not too much hassle for you, I am already feeling guilty firing all this complaints at you. If it is difficult — don't you bother, we need to create those extra waypoints just once and I can do it fine with Goblin and the editor.
Old 02-18-12, 04:09 PM   #697
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Just checked - rotation works I managed to rotate a waypoint and it turned the animation on it exactly as I hoped! I recon this #$%# turning at the end of the walk transition is gone for good finaly and more to that, we will be able to turn animations as needed! Man, isn't that cool?! I need to check though...
Old 02-18-12, 04:13 PM   #698
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Quote:Hey BIGREG, did you try importing any obj files into Blender? When trying to import obj from the editor it fails: Blender shows several errors, :i don't have error when i import in blender
so I did this: And me,I have no import error with blender , just render is not correct
export meshes, open in Wings3D, from Wings export to obj, fire Blender up, import into Blender and it works
I can see complete QR2_Room in it. : That make same with 3Dsmax 2010 with the exported mesh from 3dwings all seem good :texture,coordinates,light...all !!!
but not with the direct exported mesh from the TDW editor
I wonder if you tried importing into Blender? I guess it is the parameters of import that cause these errors. : certainly
I would forego this Blender completely Wings is not worse but Wings doesn't do animations, I recon with time TDW will add animations export function and then we will need Blender. : other 3Dsmax

Proverbe Shadok
Old 02-18-12, 04:14 PM   #699
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Just checked - rotation works I managed to rotate a waypoint and it turned the animation on it exactly as I hoped! I recon this #$%# turning at the end of the walk transition is gone for good finaly and more to that, we will be able to turn animations as needed! Man, isn't that cool?! I need to check though...
when the character walks the other way you will still have the turning problem We have to clone the animation to take care of it. I haven't dove into animations yet.
Old 02-18-12, 04:18 PM   #700
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Testing the new version: when clicking that newly available 'maximize' Windows' button (right-upper corner) the editor's window throws 'unhandled exception', press continue and it works fine afterwards including maximizing/minimizing etc. stuff.
This one has me stumped. It works fine in Visual Studio when I run the app with debugging. When I run the app from the .exe it gives this error

Quote:
One more bug to report:
Trying to open 'data/Characters/CharacterBodyParts.gr2' gives the following error:
*** GR2DataTypeDefinition: Unknown data type found of 0xE ***
Fixed
Old 02-18-12, 04:21 PM   #701
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

a question for you TDW : with the bone editor menu ,i can change the needle axis rotation (for the fuel gauge in DER room) and is possible without change the mesh possition

Proverbe Shadok
Old 02-18-12, 04:28 PM   #702
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
a question for you TDW : with the bone editor menu ,i can change the needle axis rotation (for the fuel gauge in DER room) and is possible without change the mesh possition
Don't understand what you're asking Screenshot maybe?

SH5 does not enforce the bone bindings for the meshes. So even though mesh x may be bound to bone y it means nothing except that bone y's maxproperties control mesh x (visibility, cast shadows, receive shadows, etc.).
Old 02-18-12, 04:40 PM   #703
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Proverbe Shadok
Old 02-18-12, 04:45 PM   #704
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:
when the character walks the other way you will still have the turning problem We have to clone the animation to take care of it. I haven't dove into animations yet.
Ups! Well, at least it turns the animation on the waypoint, it is something!
Old 02-18-12, 05:02 PM   #705
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Two more errors discovered:

1. Rotation quaternion fields do not want to hold the values entered. Take a bone, enter some rotation values, accept, see the bone rotated, check the fields again - the numbers are different from what you entered, after two or three attempts to enter needed values the fields 'agree' and finally hold the values. I think there is a rounding error in math somewhere, because the values in fields get closer and closer to the ones initially entered.

2. After first two bones creation tryng to create a third (and all the next ones) rotated bone providing rotation values in the bone creation dialog causes error: ****Skeleton's lat Bone defined has no data for MaxProperties *****
Then it says that the file will be closed because it is too corrupt.
If you don't enter rotation values the bone is created no problemo even with 'Has rotation data' checkbox checked. You can then edit the bone and rotate it no problem.