SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-11, 02:22 PM   #6901
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
For the moment I use the chalkboard only to watch the timezone, Moon- and Sun rise and -sunset and so on. It means only for information. But I remember that I read, we can with the chalkboard count the water bomb (is this the right english word?) with chalk stripes ?!

What do you mean with "cocktail" ?
i read somewhere that they used to count the cocktails... it is a sort of a drink made by mixing stuffs like... alchool, soda etc... or maybe Trevally told me that he use for this ... i do not remember well
Yes i saw in das boot that they used also to count the bearings when they were attacked by the DDs. But personally i do not use

Why you need the time zone and where you use the information about the Sun and Moon in the sh5?
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-11, 02:41 PM   #6902
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
i read somewhere that they used to count the cocktails... it is a sort of a drink made by mixing stuffs like... alchool, soda etc... or maybe Trevally told me that he use for this ... i do not remember well
Yes i saw in das boot that they used also to count the bearings when they were attacked by the DDs. But personally i do not use

Why you need the time zone and where you use the information about the Sun and Moon in the sh5?
Yes, I know that a cocktail is a alcohol drink, but why is the name of the chalkboard "This is an Uboat cocktail...." ? Why in this context "cocktail" ?

I need the time zone and the dates of moon- and sun rising and -sunset to plan my attacks on convoys, that I know for example when is night (= dark = good for start the attack) and is this a bright night, because the moon is shining or a dark night because the moon is not shining...and so on. And from what for a side I start the attack, for example the moon behind my sub or behind the merchant ships....!
Old 03-21-11, 02:44 PM   #6903
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
We have a documention (tips & tricks guide) in our german ubi-forum made by a forum member & moderator "Ruby2000", look here and scroll through: http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/...8/m/6511078809

Okay, in german language, but better than nothing...!

Best regards,
Magic
Das ist etwa MO nicht TDW UI, aber ja.. es ist besser als nichts. Vielen dank.

Actually I try to figure out the relation between the real nav and the chalkboard. This topic is just too big and searching for info is a real pain.

I had read that in SH4 they managed to import Stellarium.. is that true or I was missunderstand things?
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-11, 02:45 PM   #6904
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Yes, I know that a cocktail is a alcohol drink, but why is the name of the chalkboard "This is an Uboat cocktail...." ? Why in this context "cocktail" ?

I need the time zone and the dates of moon- and sun rising and -sunset to plan my attacks on convoys, that I know for example when is night (= dark = good for start the attack) and is this a bright night, because the moon is shining or a dark night because the moon is not shining...and so on. And from what for a side I start the attack, for example the moon behind my sub or behind the merchant ships....!
A... ok... i see now... i did not thinked at that... nice information.. i will use it from now... thanks

about the cocktails i think that they were counted with this chalboard by crew member for fun.. i do not exactly.. it is only an suposition
Old 03-21-11, 02:52 PM   #6905
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
about the cocktails i think that they were counted with this chalboard by crew member for fun.. i do not exactly.. it is only an suposition
Maybe you´ve right, but means this really the drinks that counted, or is "cocktail" in this context only another word for "water bombs" that comes from an DD and these bombs were counted on a chalkboard (similiar as in reallife) ?
Old 03-21-11, 02:57 PM   #6906
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Maybe you´ve right, but means this really the drinks that counted, or is "cocktail" in this context only another word for "water bombs" that comes from an DD and these bombs were counted on a chalkboard (similiar as in reallife) ?
dunno magic1111.. i will ask trevally... i do not count the wasserbomben with chalckboard... i use the sound from stormys sound colection for that... i reworked the mod a bit and i increased the the probability that the waserbomben are reported by sonnar guy at 100%
Old 03-21-11, 05:12 PM   #6907
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156
Default Destroyed marks missing

Usually I tend to get things working OK, but for some reason I have never been able get the Destroyed marks working that TDW introduced in 6.4.0 Test 5 (I think it was).

In the Nav map options screen I have no option to select/deselect the Destroyed marks. It is missing.
When I sink a ship there is no sunk ship mark on the map like in earlier days. At the sinking spot nothing remains visible on the map, it's empty. The sunk ship is recorded in the captain's log, though.

What is required to get the Destroyed marks working? Is there some special setting(s) in the UsersOptions.py file? Anything else? Ship's Journal?
I feel so dumb abt this.
Old 03-21-11, 05:18 PM   #6908
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl View Post
Usually I tend to get things working OK, but for some reason I have never been able get the Destroyed marks working that TDW introduced in 6.4.0 Test 5 (I think it was).

In the Nav map options screen I have no option to select/deselect the Destroyed marks. It is missing.
When I sink a ship there is no sunk ship mark on the map like in earlier days. At the sinking spot nothing remains visible on the map, it's empty. The sunk ship is recorded in the captain's log, though.

What is required to get the Destroyed marks working? Is there some special setting(s) in the UsersOptions.py file? Anything else? Ship's Journal?
I feel so dumb abt this.
If you have real nav or an add-on mod installed of mine you may be missing these marks. The destroyed marks that you are referring to only appear when you load a saved game so you can see where you 'killed' ships. The stock game never showed these past kills on a game load.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-11, 05:57 PM   #6909
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Hi TDW !

The Add-On "No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_spotting " comes with the new UI 6.4.0 Package and it is in the Package with the IRAI_0_0_30 MOD.

But the file that comes with UI 6.4.0 has a newer Time-Stamp ! So what for an file / Add-On should we use, when we your UI 6.4.0 and IRAI use (the "No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_spotting from UI 6.4.0 or from IRAI 030) ?

Best regards,
Magic
---BUMP---
Old 03-21-11, 06:01 PM   #6910
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Default Super Mark doesn´t work

Hi TDW !

When I have the big Map-Tools in UserOptions.py enabled, the Super-Mark Pencil doesn´t work for me ?!

See the screenshot please, I click with the left Mouse Button on the pencil and nothing happened !

Can you check this please ? Any solution ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 03-21-11, 06:11 PM   #6911
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hi TDW !

When I have the big Map-Tools in UserOptions.py enabled, the Super-Mark Pencil doesn´t work for me ?!

See the screenshot please, I click with the left Mouse Button on the pencil and nothing happened !

Can you check this please ? Any solution ?

Best regards,
Magic
it's working. When you click the pencil you have enabled the supermark to be placed. Click on the map to set the supermark. Same goes for the navigational fixes.
Old 03-21-11, 07:35 PM   #6912
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

@ TDW

It is posible to have an proper cronometer in the game... i mean my cronometer do not show me the minutes... only the seconds .. and when i use i forgot how manny minutes has pased

thanks
Old 03-21-11, 08:15 PM   #6913
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434

Quote:
@ TDW

It is posible to have an proper cronometer in the game... i mean my cronometer do not show me the minutes... only the seconds .. and when i use i forgot how manny minutes has pased

thanks
stoianm, You take a paper and pencil and you make small cross
But yes, it's a great idea...

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-11, 08:17 PM   #6914
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
@ TDW

thanks
show me a screenshot of the chronometer that's missing minutes
Old 03-21-11, 10:14 PM   #6915
Kapitan_Kaput
Mate

Downloads: 90
Default periscope thingies

love this ui (6.4.0. SH5enhanced) but what ever happened to the twisty periscope thingies? would really like them on my boat
Kapitan_Kaput is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui