Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Old 12-25-23, 05:13 PM   #677
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 806
Uploads: 4

On the globe (for those that are not distracted by the Flat Earth Brigade), what exists on the exact opposite side of the globe... that's where you should be focusing your attention.

This israeli/gaza thing is a mere figment of imagination/distraction... Sun Tzu

Edt:... Those players you see, are doubles. The real ones have already hung from the gallows.
That will get you going.
vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-23, 06:39 AM   #678
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Netanyahu vows to intensify campaign

Quote:
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said Israel will intensify its fight against Hamas in the coming days.

He told members of his party that he had visited Gaza on Monday morning and that Israel's military campaign there was "not close to being over".

His comments come days after the US secretary of state said Israel should lower the intensity of its strikes.

The war began on 7 October after Hamas led a deadly attack on communities inside Israel.

Gaza's Hamas-run health ministry said on Monday that some 20,674 Palestinians had been killed in Israeli bombardments since then. It says most of the fatalities have been women and children.

Some 1,200 people, mainly civilians, were killed when Hamas gunmen stormed across the border on 7 October. About 240 people were taken back to Gaza as hostages. Israel says 132 are still being held.

Mr Netanyahu has vowed to destroy Hamas and return the hostages to Israel.

He told a meeting of his Likud party that troops he met on his visit to Gaza had urged Israel to keep fighting "until the end".

"We're not stopping. We're continuing to fight, and we're intensifying the fighting in the coming days. It's going to be a long war that's not close to ending."

Later on Monday, the prime minister was heckled by relatives of hostages demanding the immediate release of their loved ones during an address to parliament.

"We will not be able to release all the abductees without military pressure ... we will not stop fighting," he said, as families chanted "Now! Now!" from the gallery.

Israeli and Arab media say that Egypt has proposed a plan for a ceasefire between the two sides.

According to reports, the plan would see the phased release of all Israeli hostages and an undetermined number of Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails over the course of a month and a half, ending with a suspension of Israel's offensive.

A previous temporary truce deal negotiated by Qatar saw dozens of hostages released from Gaza in exchange for Palestinian prisoners.

So far, both Israel and Hamas have resisted growing calls for a ceasefire.

On Sunday the Gazan health ministry said an Israeli air strike killed at least 70 people in the Al-Maghazi refugee camp in the centre of the strip, with a densely populated residential block destroyed.

The Palestine Red Crescent Society said "intense" Israeli air strikes led to the closure of main roads between Maghazi and two other refugee camps, Al-Bureij and Al-Nuseirat, "hindering the work of ambulances and rescue teams".

In a statement to the BBC on Sunday, the Israeli military said it had received "reports of an incident in the Maghazi camp".

"Despite the challenges posed by Hamas terrorists operating within civilian areas in Gaza, the IDF [Israeli Defense Forces] is committed to international law including taking feasible steps to minimize harm to civilians," it added.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67819122

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-23, 06:55 AM   #679
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-26-23, 07:26 AM   #680
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-26-23, 01:14 PM   #681
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Old 12-27-23, 06:23 AM   #682
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-27-23, 07:15 AM   #683
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Hamas reports 241 killed in Gaza inside 24 hours

Quote:
Gaza's Hamas-run health ministry has said at least 241 people were killed in the past 24 hours, as Israel's military operation continues in the territory.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has called the war a "grave crime" against his people.

Israel's army chief Herzi Halevi said the conflict with Hamas would continue for "many more months".

Israel says it hit more than 100 sites on Tuesday, amid reports of impending ground operations in central Gaza.

Loud explosions could be heard from the Gaza Strip across the perimeter with Israel in the early hours of Wednesday.

In the occupied West Bank, Palestinian medical sources say six Palestinians were killed in an overnight Israeli drone strike in the Nur Shams refugee camp in Tulkarem.

Gaza's health ministry said 382 people had also been injured over the same 24 hours.

According to the ministry, at least 20,915 Palestinians have been killed - mostly children and women - in more than 11 weeks of fighting.

The claims by the warring sides have not been independently verified.

The war began on 7 October after Hamas led a wave of deadly attacks on communities inside Israel. Some 1,200 people, mainly civilians, were killed. About 240 people were taken back to Gaza as hostages, and a number of them were later released.

President Abbas has described the war in the Gaza Strip as "beyond a catastrophe" and "beyond a war of annihilation".

He called it unprecedented in the history of the Palestinian people. Speaking in Ramallah to an Egyptian TV channel in his first interview since the war began, he said the territory had become unrecognisable and warned that the occupied West Bank could implode at any time.

The Palestinian leader accused Washington of prolonging the war by vetoing UN draft resolutions calling for a ceasefire.

Lt Gen Halevi, chief of staff of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), told a news conference that the war would "continue for many more months" to ensure that Israel's "achievements are preserved for a long time".

"There are no shortcuts when it comes to thoroughly dismantling a terrorist organisation except being stubborn and determined in the fighting," he said. "There are no magic solutions."

Acknowledging that the terrain was complex, the general vowed to arrest or eliminate the Hamas leadership even if it took time, adding that the IDF was close to dismantling all the Hamas battalions in northern Gaza.

Israeli and Arab media say that Egypt has proposed a plan for a ceasefire.

According to reports, the plan would see the phased release of all Israeli hostages and an undetermined number of Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails, ending with a suspension of Israel's offensive.

A previous temporary truce deal negotiated by Qatar saw dozens of hostages released from Gaza in exchange for Palestinian prisoners. So far, both Israel and Hamas have resisted calls for a lasting ceasefire.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67825465

Old 12-28-23, 06:12 AM   #684
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says 50 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli strikes on Thursday.

Fighting is continuing across the territory, with the Israeli military saying its troops are in Daraj and Tuffah neighbourhoods of Gaza City.

The Palestine Red Crescent says 10 people have been killed in a strike near al-Amal hospital in Khan Younis, which it runs.

An Israeli minister says the military will act to remove armed group Hezbollah from the border between Israel and Lebanon if attacks continue.

The UN has warned that the human-rights situation in the occupied West Bank is rapidly deteriorating and has called for Israel to "end unlawful killings" of Palestinians.

At least 1,200 people were killed when Hamas militants attacked Israel on 7 October and about 240 others were taken hostage.

The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says over 21,100 people have been killed in Gaza since Israel started its retaliatory campaign.

Old 12-29-23, 12:44 PM   #685
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Palestinians aren't animals, on the other side I don't know......

Old 12-29-23, 01:17 PM   #686
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

We are all Animals. But that is pretty stupid of them to do that.
If infact it is the Israelies and not false postings.
I trust Tik-Toc about as much as I trust a gernade not to explode once I pull the pin.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-23, 01:31 PM   #687
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocet25fr View Post
Palestinians aren't animals, on the other side I don't know......
I feel it only fair I should inform you that I have you logged as reading my post (#2180) at 5.06 PM yesterday in the Ukraine thread https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpos...postcount=2180 but have obviously chosen not to respond.

I am a little under the weather today but hope to return tomorrow with a view to concluding matters.

To the members sending messages I can only say they were and are appreciated.

On the overall topic....it looks like Putin is pulling out all the stops to massacre civilians and there infrastructure.

Old 12-29-23, 01:34 PM   #688
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Last edited by Jimbuna; 12-29-23 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-03-24, 12:00 PM   #689
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The leader of the powerful Lebanese militia, Hezbollah, is giving a speech after Hamas deputy leader Saleh al-Arouri was killed in blast in Beirut on Tuesday.

Hezbollah is classified as a terrorist organisation by much of the West and the Arab League, but is a powerful force in Lebanon.

The UN peacekeeping force in Lebanon says it is deeply concerned about a potential escalation of violence.

A spokesperson for Unifil says a wider conflict would have devastating consequences for both Israel and Lebanon, and urges all parties to show restraint.

Israel has not confirmed whether it was behind Tuesday's explosion, but has described it as a "surgical strike" on Hamas.

In Gaza, the UN says five people were killed in an attack on the Palestinian Red Crescent building in Khan Younis on Tuesday, as Israel urges people to evacuate the city.

At least 1,200 people were killed when Hamas attacked Israel on 7 October and about 240 others were taken hostage.

The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says more than 22,000 people have been killed in the territory since Israel started its retaliatory campaign.

Old 01-03-24, 12:09 PM   #690
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat