SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-11, 04:56 PM   #6796
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Yes. The new compass heading zoom in sh5enhanced UI is very good
Old 03-15-11, 05:44 PM   #6797
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbum69 View Post
Dark is there a way to get the old XO box back. I see now that its a book like that sits off my screen at first till i bring it out. I was kinda wanting the old style one. I use the sh5enhanced ui from yours.
I never removed the old XO TDC Dialog box. It's still there. Click the XO's picture in the scopes to see it.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 07:21 PM   #6798
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

He may have to click on the small icon located on the top right bar before he can see the XO's picture.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 10:16 PM   #6799
sirbum69
Navy Dude

Downloads: 127

ahh thanks...ill have to look again next time in in there. Dont remember seeing a picture of the xo, but i have clicked that picture up in the top right corner, thats how i got the book to show up at the left.
sirbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 10:28 PM   #6800
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
ahh thanks...ill have to look again next time in in there. Dont remember seeing a picture of the xo, but i have clicked that picture up in the top right corner, thats how i got the book to show up at the left.
do you have the add-on mod Reaper7 ERM installed from the mod
Old 03-15-11, 11:15 PM   #6801
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
@ TDW - dials

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I'll see what I can do to add the SH5Enhanced style of mousewheel heading to the heading/rudder dial of SH3/4 styles

Though, I'd like to go a little further and ask if it would be possible to make a .py option to set the values with the mouse wheel (or zoomable)?
Like he ones we already have, to set the draggable compass you set the value for the compass around degree by degree or like in the lovely HUD feature to set the values for the lens and the crosshairs with the mouse wheel. (the feature to do this in real time is teriffic).
I like to use a screen rez. of 1920/1080 but of course there is one disadvantage - all dials become rather small and hard to set...
I'm using the SH3 style so I already have set the .py to zoom the speed/course/depth to 350 to be more readable and that is good for those three but even so - I'm mostly thinking of the dials in the scopes.
An option that makes it possible to choose this for all dials in the scopes screens I would appreciate very much.

BTW, one remark about the 6.4.0 Test 10: I get my message box (at the bottom right corner) behind the SH3 dials I'm using... Haven't had that before this version

Cheers

Last edited by Silent Steel; 03-15-11 at 11:53 PM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 06:09 AM   #6802
deuys
Swabbie

Downloads: 40
Default attack disk compass rose

thanks a lot dark wraith your mod makes this game a lot enjoyable. while iwas playing sh3 i tried to make an attack disk from images but i could never understand how it works.
now i cant tell u how i got excited when i saw your attack disk and its documentation really great work.
but what ever i did i could not make compass rose move , by that i mean its not moving looks like its tuck.
what may i bee doing wrong.
deuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 06:16 AM   #6803
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuys View Post
thanks a lot dark wraith your mod makes this game a lot enjoyable. while iwas playing sh3 i tried to make an attack disk from images but i could never understand how it works.
now i cant tell u how i got excited when i saw your attack disk and its documentation really great work.
but what ever i did i could not make compass rose move , by that i mean its not moving looks like its tuck.
what may i bee doing wrong.
compass rose is tied to the sub's current heading. That's why you can't get it to move. When you change heading it will follow.

I'm redoing the attack disk to use the mousewheel as the device to control movement of it vice keyboard.
Old 03-16-11, 06:35 AM   #6804
deuys
Swabbie

Downloads: 40

Quote:
compass rose is tied to the sub's current heading. That's why you can't get it to move. When you change heading it will follow.

I'm redoing the attack disk to use the mousewheel as the device to control movement of it vice keyboard.
Thnaks for your fast reply but what i am trying to say is its not following my heading , whatever my heading is it stays always same N to 180 .
deuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 03:47 PM   #6805
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
The error is spotted at the REAL NAV mod:
At the W directory the supermarks description have incorrect E directory:

does this happen at any longitude or just around the 0 degree?
Only between 0 and 1,

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 04:56 PM   #6806
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuys View Post
Thnaks for your fast reply but what i am trying to say is its not following my heading , whatever my heading is it stays always same N to 180 .
just downloaded my own mod and looked at the code for this. I changed the way the compass rose worked some versions ago. It is no longer tied to the heading of the uboat but rather controlled by keys - the Q and E keys. Shift + Q or E to increase/decrease faster.
Old 03-16-11, 05:50 PM   #6807
sirbum69
Navy Dude

ill have to look and see if i have that mod installed all though i dont think i do. Dont think i have any of reapers mods installed.

But yeh i dont have a picture i just have that book...its red color and has german writing on the front of it. It works just fine but i cant just hit L to move it out of the way...

And tho i love using the dials, everytime i mouse over them they move on me and then i miss because i didnt notice the AOB move or the speed.

EDIT: oh yes i do have that mod installed because it says nightvision...so i thought it was for night vision lol...ill take it off and see how it goes

Last edited by sirbum69; 03-16-11 at 05:52 PM. Reason: found answer
Old 03-16-11, 06:11 PM   #6808
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
And tho i love using the dials, everytime i mouse over them they move on me and then i miss because i didnt notice the AOB move or the speed.
You can make the Speed and AOB TDC dials persists by clicking the red button attached to them. This will also make them persist across stadimeter uses.
Old 03-16-11, 06:20 PM   #6809
sirbum69
Navy Dude

Quote:
You can make the Speed and AOB TDC dials persists by clicking the red button attached to them. This will also make them persist across stadimeter uses.
persist as in you mean they wont change unless i actully change them? I just figured the dials changing was a glitch from mousing over them
Old 03-16-11, 06:24 PM   #6810
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
persist as in you mean they wont change unless i actully change them? I just figured the dials changing was a glitch from mousing over them
They twitch because of the way the mod works with them. It's something I had to do to make them able to persist across stadimeter calls. If you mouse into them and set the dial to what you want and then mouse out and click it's red dial it will 'save' the dial's value in the TDC.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui