SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-08, 06:15 PM   #661
spike12
Gunner

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 0

I noticed that too,so I used s3d to fix the type 2's speed and range.
spike12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 03:48 PM   #662
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

I just noticed something wrong and need confirmation if it's general or just a corrupted install of my OM400.

Config: OM400 patched up to third patch.
Bug: While in mission, I go to the Rec Manual (N key) then choose a country, other than the main combatants, Panama for instance. The first ship silhouette appears OK, then when I press the scroll left button << the game CTD.

The same behaviour happens in tha case of other countries too, like Brazil.
Please can anyone confirm or dismiss this?
Thank you in advance.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 05:45 PM   #663
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb
I just noticed something wrong and need confirmation if it's general or just a corrupted install of my OM400.

Bug: While in mission, I go to the Rec Manual (N key) then choose a country, other than the main combatants, Panama for instance. The first ship silhouette appears OK, then when I press the scroll left button << the game CTD.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your trouble report

You have found a "bug" that been in OM since "day one". I loaded up the original v100 and recreated your problem. I believe I know what the problem is, and hopeful have a patch out shortly
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 06:06 PM   #664
Lexandro
Navy Dude

Downloads: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb

Thank you in advance.
Thank you for your trouble report

You have found a "bug" that been in OM since "day one". I loaded up the original v100 and recreated your problem. I believe I know what the problem is, and hopeful have a patch out shortly
Cool, that was pretty incisive work there. Nicely done, awaiting patch
Lexandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 06:32 PM   #665
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Default OM V400 Patch 4

THIS IS A MANDATORY PATCH

Operation Monsun V400 Patch 4 readme

1. Corrected mission assignments for 1st Flotilla Type IIB
2. Corrected T II (G7e) Torpedo magnetic Pistol
3. Corrected T II (G7e) Torpedo Range to 5000 meters
4. Fix lack of sound for the F4F, Martlet, Beaufighter, and Mosquito
5. Correct CTD when user goes to the Rec Manual and choose a country that did not have "any" Naval Units assigned

Go to the first post for download link
Old 10-08-08, 06:40 PM   #666
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24

Great!
sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 08:00 PM   #667
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default once more

and again:

we are not worthy!!!

excelente, Im downloading and trying to find a moment to play it...

we just started PTC VIII and its interesting...

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 11:37 PM   #668
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Lurker, you left me speechless. Just tonight I was reporting the problem and this morning, when I woke up, I already found your correction.
Saying THANK YOU is not enough. You are a most efficient and dedicate modder and this community should be very grateful for your effort. Sir, you
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 02:14 AM   #669
cunnutazzo
Soundman

Downloads: 27

thank you Lurker!
cunnutazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 09:22 AM   #670
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Send him a case of his favorite beverage!

Thanks man well done!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 09:14 PM   #671
Lexandro
Navy Dude

I have a MAJOR problem with using Monsun. I have been playing SH4 for a month now with only a couple of minor issues. Yesterday I installed Monsun and started a Uboat career in a IX boat, 1939. I have since had 3 major crashes with my system. One was a system crash and reboot, the other two have been total system shutdowns. This is extremely unusual for my system to react in this way for any reason.

My rig has been bulletproof for months, no matter what I throw at it. After the first crash I had taken steps to eliminate any system based issue such as running check disc, a full defrag, registry backup and clean, ran memtest, done a clean driver re-install etc etc.

I still have to fully test out that it is definately the mod, by removing it and attempting a heavy gaming session on something like Crysis which taxes the system to its fullest. But as I said it is extremely unlikely to be anything other than this, as these issues had not arrisen till I installed Monsun.

At the point of the total system shutdowns I am outside the channel of the Gibralter straights in my IX boat. I am on patrol as per mission instruction and have been loitering in the area for a number of days.

I can provide a game save file from a few hours prior to the total system shutdown occurs and a Dxdiag of my system if required ( pm me).

Please advise.
Old 10-09-08, 09:53 PM   #672
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke
Send him a case of his favorite beverage!

Thanks man well done!
Put me down for a few six packs, will send via Uboat

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 10:30 PM   #673
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexandro
I have a MAJOR problem with using Monsun. I have been playing SH4 for a month now with only a couple of minor issues. Yesterday I installed Monsun and started a Uboat career in a IX boat, 1939. I have since had 3 major crashes with my system. One was a system crash and reboot, the other two have been total system shutdowns. This is extremely unusual for my system to react in this way for any reason.

My rig has been bulletproof for months, no matter what I throw at it. After the first crash I had taken steps to eliminate any system based issue such as running check disc, a full defrag, registry backup and clean, ran memtest, done a clean driver re-install etc etc.

I still have to fully test out that it is definately the mod, by removing it and attempting a heavy gaming session on something like Crysis which taxes the system to its fullest. But as I said it is extremely unlikely to be anything other than this, as these issues had not arrisen till I installed Monsun.

At the point of the total system shutdowns I am outside the channel of the Gibralter straights in my IX boat. I am on patrol as per mission instruction and have been loitering in the area for a number of days.

I can provide a game save file from a few hours prior to the total system shutdown occurs and a Dxdiag of my system if required ( pm me).

Please advise.
I have never seen this happen, nor have I had a report like this from "anyone" since the release of OM.

You need to provide the following:

A complete list of all modes and what order they are installed in
What Flotilla are you assign to
What mode of Type IX
What "dates" did these CTD / System crash
Old 10-09-08, 11:01 PM   #674
Lexandro
Navy Dude

Quote:
Quote:

Please advise.
I have never seen this happen, nor have I had a report like this from "anyone" since the release of OM.

What mode of Type IX
Sorry to have overreacted but it appears on further inspection of the system that it is a hardware fault and not related to your mod. I most humbly beg your apology. I got two more powerdowns during a crysis playtest and I stripped down the system after the last one to find my PSU unit was excessivly hot. I believe that the fan has failed on the unit. This must have happened yesterday after I had downloaded your mod, and it appears its just coincedence. I have replaced it with a spare, and I will now thoroughly test the system again in Crysis to ensure all is well.

Again, my apologies.

*EDIT* I have now installed your new patch and started a new career and I think I have found a couple of bugs. I started a new career again in a IX boat but the control room is a bit messed up. The first and second watch have 4 crew spaces but the third watch only has 3 crew spaces available. This means you always down a control room crew man. I also checked with a type VII and thats the same, the third watch is missing a crewman slot in the control room. And I am also starting with one extra officer more than I am supposed to have (possibly related?).

EDIT2* It seems like the torpedo dud chance is bugged also. I just went out on patrol and every torpedo bar one was a dud using contact pistols. I only used the standard german torpedo (G7A?).

Last edited by Lexandro; 10-10-08 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-10-08, 05:39 PM   #675
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Please advise.

What mode of Type IX
Sorry to have overreacted but it appears on further inspection of the system that it is a hardware fault and not related to your mod. I most humbly beg your apology. I got two more powerdowns during a crysis playtest and I stripped down the system after the last one to find my PSU unit was excessivly hot. I believe that the fan has failed on the unit. This must have happened yesterday after I had downloaded your mod, and it appears its just coincedence. I have replaced it with a spare, and I will now thoroughly test the system again in Crysis to ensure all is well.

Again, my apologies.

*EDIT* I have now installed your new patch and started a new career and I think I have found a couple of bugs. I started a new career again in a IX boat but the control room is a bit messed up. The first and second watch have 4 crew spaces but the third watch only has 3 crew spaces available. This means you always down a control room crew man. I also checked with a type VII and thats the same, the third watch is missing a crewman slot in the control room. And I am also starting with one extra officer more than I am supposed to have (possibly related?).

EDIT2* It seems like the torpedo dud chance is bugged also. I just went out on patrol and every torpedo bar one was a dud using contact pistols. I only used the standard german torpedo (G7A?).
Quote:
Based on this comment your not running the latest patch. Patch 3 corrected this problem. Go to the first post for latest patch download link

Quote:
EDIT2* It seems like the torpedo dud chance is bugged also. I just went out on patrol and every torpedo bar one was a dud using contact pistols. I only used the standard german torpedo (G7A?)
IRT your “dud” torpedoes, please look at this picture

If you are shooting at “high angles off” your going to have a lot of duds