SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-01-11, 02:46 PM   #646
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Ok got the TDC working at all stations.
All my scripts will need recoding to get them working correctly.
Yes, yes, it looks great!!!
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 03:20 PM   #647
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Little bug report (v4.14):
(Cimmaron tanker)
Old 05-02-11, 06:15 PM   #648
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:
Ok Version 4.14 of the Ui-Boat mod is released:

Fixes:
Found an error in one of the ship.cfg that could cause a CTD
(Have gone thru all .cfg files and confirm that all remaining .cfg files are ok)

Also have re-enabled all clone ships to be visible in the recognition Manual

Download Link:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3171
Your link just goes to SubSim.com

Is there a new link for mod ?

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 11:38 AM   #649
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL View Post
Your link just goes to SubSim.com

Is there a new link for mod ?
Here ya go:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3171
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 04:02 PM   #650
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 806
Uploads: 4

Reaper.. I was thinking when you have the TDC on the conn, would it be possible to make it slightly transparent at this station, or so it's just visible during night operations..

Just a thought.
vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 02:39 AM   #651
nembo
Mate

Downloads: 86
Default Mark and sunked ships disappear

Hallo mates,
as far as I am no sure if the installation is correct, what I write might be for me and, maybe,few other only. Normally use to track positions where ships are spotted and find usefull where I sunked the ships, but all of this disappear when, after saved, I load again loosing all these data. Normally don't use continous carrier but I saw that it is the same thing.
Is there a possibility to mantain all these info for the whole campaign?
Thanks.
Nembo.
nembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 02:42 AM   #652
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Every day I look forward to new version (4.15 or 5.0?) of your UI reaper7 with new TDC station a Erkennungshandbuch-fix
Your TDC station looks really great!
Old 05-13-11, 08:06 PM   #653
reaper7
sim2reality

Default End of the Road

Disaster has struck

Stupid JGSME has just removed all my Mods and restored the original files meaning everything I have worked on for the Last month has been wiped out
I don't even know what I changed at this stage or where to restart, and am so frustrated with all the work I'd done to bring this to a stage where I has finally happy with it.

That and I have to much on with the other project for SH3 U-Boot-HAHD I just don't have the time to restart all that I had done with the Mod.

So I'm sorry to say, I'm just gonna have to leave this Mod the way it is and move on for now.
Maybe I'll come back to it one day - but I can't say for sure.

Sorry Guys, I'm just to dis-heartened to continue, all I can say is if someone wants to continue this Mod and improve it they are welcome to develop it further - I can supply The graphics for the TDC Attackdisc that I've redone (At least they were in PSD format elsewhere).

Well I hope to still see you guys around - but for now SH5 will sit on the shelf untill I can bring myself past this disaster
Old 05-14-11, 05:38 AM   #654
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Sorry to hear this Reaper, you will be missed

I only hope that when you finish the great work you are doing for the U-Boat HAHD project, you will once again stumble upon your SH5 disc
Old 05-14-11, 06:49 AM   #655
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

too bad Reaper,

I am very sorry for your setback.
In the past months I appreciated the quality of your UI and followed closely its updates. I sincerely hope you can resume your valuable work on it, as soon as you recover from the disappointment!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 07:11 AM   #656
reaper7
sim2reality

Default Friday the 13th

Well Friday the 13th claimed another victim.

I've regone through all my files just to see was anything salvaged.
Looks like I lost about 80% of the work for the last 4-6 weeks .

I've had a few PM's asking me to reconsider and one also to request taking over the UI from a friend .

I've decided not to completely give up on the work I'd done, but to try to set an hour or two here and there to try and get it back to where I had it.
It will be slow, but at least it will get released .

There's a lot of good guys using my UI and I'd hate to let them down by walking out now, heck SH5 has finally got to the stage where its becoming a real subsim
Finally we have good AI, lovely Environments and my biggest dissapointment in SH5 is finally Over New Units and ship skins

So just have to pick myself up and wipe the dust off Happy thoughts, Happy thoughts.....
Old 05-14-11, 12:00 PM   #657
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Well Friday the 13th claimed another victim.

I've regone through all my files just to see was anything salvaged.
Looks like I lost about 80% of the work for the last 4-6 weeks .

I've had a few PM's asking me to reconsider and one also to request taking over the UI from a friend .

I've decided not to completely give up on the work I'd done, but to try to set an hour or two here and there to try and get it back to where I had it.
It will be slow, but at least it will get released .

There's a lot of good guys using my UI and I'd hate to let them down by walking out now, heck SH5 has finally got to the stage where its becoming a real subsim
Finally we have good AI, lovely Environments and my biggest dissapointment in SH5 is finally Over New Units and ship skins

So just have to pick myself up and wipe the dust off Happy thoughts, Happy thoughts.....
Hard to hear that something like this happend...i should tell you, that i made the same mistake....i had to redo everything....but my experience is, that a step back is sometimes good to improve things...

now i make everytime i made some changes a backup of my mod

Best Regards

DrJones
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 12:41 PM   #658
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
Hard to hear that something like this happend...i should tell you, that i made the same mistake....i had to redo everything....but my experience is, that a step back is sometimes good to improve things...

now i make everytime i made some changes a backup of my mod

Best Regards

DrJones
I have a server in my basement (Windows Home Server or WHS) that everything is saved to (besides the HD on my home system). Every night (@2:00am) WHS performs incremental backups of all my computers automatically. Since there are 3 HDs in the WHS computer those images are duplicated (they call it shadowing). Monthly I backup the complete system image of the WHS to an external HD. With this backup plan I've never lost any data. I HIGHLY recommend WHS to anyone that isn't familiar with it or looking for a cheap server for their home (and I don't recommend Microsoft products often).
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 01:07 PM   #659
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I have a server in my basement (Windows Home Server or WHS) that everything is saved to (besides the HD on my home system). Every night (@2:00am) WHS performs incremental backups of all my computers automatically. Since there are 3 HDs in the WHS computer those images are duplicated (they call it shadowing). Monthly I backup the complete system image of the WHS to an external HD. With this backup plan I've never lost any data. I HIGHLY recommend WHS to anyone that isn't familiar with it or looking for a cheap server for their home (and I don't recommend Microsoft products often).

The worst part is, I have a server running WHS and 4 other PC's but have not gotten around to setting them up to backup yet
Just to lazy to get it done But don't like the software Raid that WHS pushes over a proper Raid system.
I had was using it over 3x1TB drives when one faield, lost everything over the 3 Hard-drives .
Need to build a proper Hardware Raid with full mirroring.
Old 05-14-11, 01:31 PM   #660
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
The worst part is, I have a server running WHS and 4 other PC's but have not gotten around to setting them up to backup yet
Just to lazy to get it done But don't like the software Raid that WHS pushes over a proper Raid system.
I had was using it over 3x1TB drives when one faield, lost everything over the 3 Hard-drives .
Need to build a proper Hardware Raid with full mirroring.
I use Software Raid 1 (3 X WD Raptor 150s on nVidia controller on motherboard) as one HD in WHS. The other 2 HDs are WD 500GBs. WHS has no problems with this setup.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote