SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-07, 05:31 AM   #631
KapitanDeepblu
Swabbie

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 Patch 1.3

Like all of us, I play the subsims that interest us each individually.

Like the rest, I was anxiously awaiting SH4. I wanted to get back into a US sub and patrol the pacific.

Ubi, please complete and issue patch 1.3 as the subsim community has great need for such and you have it within your authority and power to do so.

My dad always told me that you can lead, follow, or you need to get out of the way.

I would most prefer and encourage you to lead.

With most respect.

Kapitandeepblu
BdU
Atlantik Kampagne
Old 05-19-07, 05:33 AM   #632
Blindside
Nub

Downloads: 187
patch updates

Fully agree to the need to 'chivvy" the design team along with completing a patch to solve the enumerable problems ( already listed by members ) . This game cannot be allowed to sink in such an incomplete state !
To the barricades!!!!!!

Blindside
Old 05-19-07, 05:34 AM   #633
Eisenhorn
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

As so many have already indicated. You have a winner here Ubisoft! Don't let it sink to the bottom. Fix everything that's feasible to fix. Give us another patch. Please.
Old 05-19-07, 05:36 AM   #634
thefretmaster
Officer

i dont own the game yet because of my pc but i dont think at the moment i would because of some of the issues i have heard about... bring out 1.3!!
Old 05-19-07, 05:37 AM   #635
Gewehr 43
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

I'll sign this as well. There's so much potential here...
Old 05-19-07, 05:42 AM   #636
qvcatullus
Nub

Hey all, just thought I'd weigh in.
I loved the previous silent hunter titles (came across them recently rather than playing when they originally came out) and have been saving up a little money to get a few more computer games. Silent Hunter IV was on my list to get, but I'd heard that it's still pretty buggy. If I'd known how bad Medieval II, for example, was going to be up until (and to a degree, through) the notorious 1.2 patch, I'd have waited to get it as well. Nothing as frustrating as trying to play a great game but getting held up by the leftover 'quirks.'

Anyway, the game engine is amazing and I can't wait for the patch to come out so that I can go purchase a copy of the game. So you've got one eager customer who's willing to help you recoup the cost of implementing the patch, by at least whatever share of the purchase price you guys get for one copy. Maybe two if I can convince my friend to come aboard as well.
Old 05-19-07, 05:42 AM   #637
Kusunoki
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1

The first 2 patches made the game much more stable, please give us a 3rd patch to fix the remaining issues.
Old 05-19-07, 05:47 AM   #638
Double Daddy
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 7

Ubisoft, please fulfill your customers' reasonable expectations that you produce and support products able to meet intended usage.
Old 05-19-07, 05:47 AM   #639
Rick Martin
Watch

Default Silent Hunter IV patch 1.3 needed

I concur wholeheartedly with Neal's comments and suggestions. These are relatively small but important problems that need to be addressed. One more patch should bring the game up to where it should have been when released. The modders can then work on really great "Nice to have" mods to tweak the game.
By the way, been using Imperial measures but have been setting the fish to run shallow rather than under the keel. Seems to help also have the 25% increased torpedo mod and the explosions are great. For mods like that I try them out on the Naval academy. Needed 4 or five torpedos to sink the cruiser but have done it with three. Yes, UBI Soft please do the next patch and fix the game. Its pretty good now but needs those final few fixes to really set it right......."Haze gray, and Underway"
Old 05-19-07, 05:48 AM   #640
kaptkirkU4467
Navy Dude

Downloads: 18

BdU of the Wolfpack League reporting in..
We need the fix to keep people in our SH4 div,ComSubPac ,playing the game....as it stands,I will have to allow mods for SH4 stats,just to make the sim hit the bottom line for people to use.
http://subclub.info/phpBB_subclub/viewforum.php?f=35
Cheers,

G/K Worldwide: Making your life miserable since 2002 !
K.R.A.P.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=240
Old 05-19-07, 05:49 AM   #641
lecek
Seaman

This is simple, the game is not completed. I payed for this game and it didn't deliver. You may get away with this on this game if you don't release a third patch, but I won't be buying UBIsoft games in the future. Scamming your customers is not a good way to keep them.

This game needs another patch.
Old 05-19-07, 05:51 AM   #642
FesterShinetop
Gunner

Downloads: 1

\Signed

It's a great game allready, but with the last fixes it can be the best. I stopped playing to wait for the last patch and be able to play the game like it was meant to be!!
Old 05-19-07, 05:51 AM   #643
rlaycock
Watch

Downloads: 43

support Neal's statement.
Old 05-19-07, 05:52 AM   #644
DGJ
Swabbie

I bought both SH2 and DC directly when they were released. To release those games really showed Ubisoft's contempt for the fans, they were 33% finished at most. So I waited a little longer when SH3 came out to make sure I didn't make a misstake again. While SH3 was good, it could have been much better. Now, Ubisoft needs to show that they are a respectable game publisher BY RELEASING A THIRD PATCH to fix the issues in SH4.
Old 05-19-07, 05:53 AM   #645
Zepheron
Seaman

Downloads: 165

SH4 has a long way to go. Get us closer with 1.3.
Closed Thread