Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-21-15, 07:57 PM   #631
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
6 US soldiers killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan. Screw that dump they call a country over there, I could care less about it anymore, bring our troops home. Let them fight their own never ending damn war!

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...-afghan-attack
Their own war?
Whatever happened to "never forget!"
and "war on terror!" etc.?

You guys started this.
Don't get me wrong, I hate these kind of news just like you.
But you reap what you sow. And when I today hear Americans act like "what the Hell are we even doing there!?" I can only chuckle.

Not too long ago, you all wanted this.
The whole Operation failed big time, now no one wants to be there anymore.
Old 12-21-15, 08:38 PM   #632
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

First of all, don't go around judging every American for wanting to go to war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Because I sure as hell didn't. So don't preach this crap to me. Don't like what I post, don't read it. Preach to someone else.

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-15, 08:44 PM   #633
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Not bad.
I'm actually surprised they didn't kill them all.

Which makes me a little suspicious of the veracity of the story.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-15, 08:57 PM   #634
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
First of all, don't go around judging every American for wanting to go to war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Because I sure as hell didn't. So don't preach this crap to me. Don't like what I post, don't read it. Preach to someone else.
Of course not "every" American. I thought this goes without saying, but OK.
If you didn't want it, then you sure know that most Americans avidly supported the whole thing. While it may have been wrong to assume you've been one of them, there is no need to get so... defensive.

For some years now, I read that a lot. "What are we even doing there?"
And this is often coming from the same people who waved tiny US flags while cheering out loud when Bush announced to strike back etc.
Then it got ugly and all the sudden these Americans didn't want to play the game anymore.
Old 12-22-15, 10:38 AM   #635
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Well, for Afghanistan it's kind of understandable, I mean this was the nation habouring the man who was the leader of the deadliest terror attack to have hit American soil. At least that's what the public were told. So you can understand the support for drastic military action in Afghanistan.
Iraq, that's a little harder and a good portion of America didn't want to go into a ground war in Iraq, but for better or for worse it happened.
Of course, few of us could have predicted the quagmire that Afghanistan would become, I guess we could and should have looked back at the previous ventures into that place and stuck to an air campaign but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Still, like it or not, we can't think of Afghanistan and Iraq as 'them' any more, because we helped make that mess that they're fighting through. We have a choice with Afghanistan, really, and that's push back the Taliban by going back there on the ground, or prepare ourselves for the return of the Taliban as the government of Afghanistan and all the circumstances that this will bring. We have a slight advantage in the war against Daesh at the moment in that, of all people, Al'Qaeda are on our side, or at the very least are against Daesh...but Afghanistan is different and harder, and not helped by the 'on again, off again' attitude of Pakistan.

Either which way, this is just the beginning, the cards are still in the air and no-one can be sure where in the western Middle East things are going to fall, and the fallout from that power struggle will no doubt have implications for the Eastern Middle-East. To say that 'The times they are a-changin' ' is somewhat of an understatement.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 03:52 PM   #636
Oberon
Lucky Jack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35178873

Old 12-26-15, 04:25 PM   #637
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
And in North Korea the Unicorn was found that crapped out Kim Jong Un....
Doesn't look staged at all....
Old 12-26-15, 05:22 PM   #638
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Oh yes, reminds me of the North korean news that Kim landed on the sun, clever as he was, he travelled there by night!

Go Erdoghan, go!

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 10:32 PM   #639
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Turkish aircraft violate Greek airspace, dogfight ensues.
http://theaviationist.com/2015/12/30...-sea-dogfight/
Old 12-29-15, 11:00 PM   #640
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Saudia Arabia restructures economy, 'tightens belt'.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...lunge-iiqbmg4x

Looks like they're planning on keeping the oil prices low as part of their campaign against Iran and against Irans ally in Moscow, and they're willing to take a hit to their economy to do so.

Ballsy move, and it might just backfire on them if their economy can't handle it.
Old 12-30-15, 06:46 AM   #641
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Sahra Wagenknecht, a leading member of "Die Linke" (The left) has just said that the campaign against ISIS is terror...
(sorry, German only)
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/i...-13986833.html

How could they get 3.5 million votes during the last federal election?

Last edited by Schroeder; 12-30-15 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Spelling
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-15, 08:04 AM   #642
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Sarah Wagenknecht, a leading member of "Die Linke" (The left) has just said that the campaign against ISIS is terror...
(sorry, German only)
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/i...-13986833.html

How could they get 3.5 million votes during the last federal election?
I hate to admit it, since I never liked her. But she has a point if you're honest.
"Die Luftangriffe auf syrische Zivilisten seien ein mindestens ebenso großes Verbrechen wie die Terroranschläge von Paris, sagt Sahra Wagenknecht. Ohne den Westen gäbe es den „Islamischen Staat“ gar nicht, der nun bekämpft wird."

Of course, to claim that the airstrikes "on civilians" (implying they were the original target, wtf!?) are the same kind of crime/terror as it happened in paris is just plain stupid and the known and typical 'drama way' to argue for Die Linke. However, her saying that the west created Daesh is absolutely true. But at this point, who cares? Why is this still relevant? I don't care where a problem comes from, I care about solving it. And we won't solve it if we blame each other for attacking, no wait what did she say? Ah yes: "murdering" civilians.
Yes. Sarah. Western (and Russian btw.) forces went to murder civilians......... ->

German political parties have become extremely ridiculous for ~10+ years now. Before that, I felt, we had choices. Now it doesn't matter who you vote, they are all FUBAR.

Quote:
Turkish and Greek fighters engage in dogfight over the Aegean Sea
Ok. Enough. Is it just me, or did the leaders of most nations travel back to 1913!? Why is every nation besides Canada, who is very sorry to not play along, so eager to pick a fight at the moment?
What is going on here?
Stop this BS already!
Old 12-30-15, 08:41 AM   #643
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
German political parties have become extremely ridiculous for ~10+ years now. Before that, I felt, we had choices. Now it doesn't matter who you vote, they are all FUBAR.
And that's how the Nazis can come to power (just nicely demonstrated in Poland).
Old 12-30-15, 09:03 AM   #644
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
There are similar feelings here in the States as well which is why someone like Donald Trump hasn't been laughed off the campaign trail yet.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-15, 10:52 AM   #645
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
There are similar feelings here in the States as well which is why someone like Donald Trump hasn't been laughed off the campaign trail yet.

Tags
terrorism