Closed Thread

Old 01-06-19, 12:07 PM   #6241
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Just this year they found a tunnel dug at the depth of ~30 meters.

Didn't do them much good now did it?

Like U Crank says tunnels won't work.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 01-06-19, 12:13 PM   #6242
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Didn't do them much good now did it?

Like U Crank says tunnels won't work.
IIRC, the tunnel had been finished and in use for indefinite amount of time. So clearly it did work and tunnel detection technology didn't.
Old 01-06-19, 12:20 PM   #6243
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
About this wall.

Most of us if not everyone is thinking political or human.

Have any of us(I didn't until I read about this)ever thought about the animal who take the tour from south to north or viceversa ?

A wall the size Trump wants would prevent those animals entering their areas.

Markus
The animals can use the same tunnels that the Mexican cartel uses to transport drugs and people under the border
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-06-19, 12:59 PM   #6244
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Maybe there is some inspiration for the Mexicans to build and fund the wall, if it will be capable of keeping Trump out

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 01-06-19, 01:06 PM   #6245
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
No, that is not what I said at all. I specifically said the border is too long and undermanned.
Well you are right, it is long and undermanned. No one, not even Trump is suggesting a wall/fence/barrier along the entire border. I'm going to suggest that authorities on the US side know exactly where most crossings take place. That would be a good place to start.

Quote:
Tunnels can be and are being dug anywhere along the border.
Again I'm going to suggest that those tunnels are not being dug by immigrant mothers, fathers and their children from Guatemala. They are being dug by criminals for smuggling drugs and illegals into the USA. Which kinda reinforces what Trump has been saying all along. And you can bet that those illegals pay a hefty fee to use such tunnels.

Quote:
Perhaps it would be wise to first get the border manned and the technology there to make any sense to build a wall that on its own does very little.
Again I'm going to suggest that there is a plan. And that plan is a combination of a physical barrier, enhanced detection and surveillance and the current border patrols.

Quote:
Getting people and goods across the border is a big business. Do you really think they'll just stop because there's a wall in the way? Just this year they found a tunnel dug at the depth of ~30 meters. That would go right under Trump's wall and probably can bypass monitoring equipment as well.
Well I'll ask the obvious question. How many tunnels do you think would be needed to keep up the current level of illegal immigration and drug smuggling?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-06-19, 01:38 PM   #6246
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

All this wall talk is of course secondary to what is happening in Washington. It is inconceivable to me that dum dums Pelosi and Schumer are not taking advantage of Trump's demand for $5.6 billion to start building some of his wall. That is chump change in a country that has a $4 trillion budget. There are deals to be made. Trump has long signaled his desire to get a deal for "the Dreamers", children brought to the US illegally by their parents and that are covered under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy. Permanent status for these people would be a big win for the Democrats and it won't happen without Trump's help.

There are other deals to be made and people on both sides should be trying to make them. If the only reason to deny Trump his wall is, well because he's Trump or it won't work or it's immoral, that's a silly game. Much has been made about the 'blue wave' and Pelosi's new found power in the House. Correct me if I'm wrong but legislation passed in the House has to get through the Senate (controlled by GOP) and get Presidential approval. Good luck with that Nancy.

Dum dums.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-06-19, 02:29 PM   #6247
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Drug smuggling at that rate is possible because there is a demand and collaboration with the USA. Most drugs pass the border via public roads and normal customs. No wall alone will stop that.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 01-06-19, 02:58 PM   #6248
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Oh Lord God - let them build their stupid wall.
In less than 20 years, they will regret it.
The gross national product of the US is questionable on the whole because it is generated from questionable stock market transactions.
Due to the currency exemption from gold as a security guarantor, the US generates only fictional bubbles.

In the near future, when China and its allies suddenly return their currency to gold, the dollar is not worth a penny.

In this context, I would advise Canada to build a similar wall.

Real - USA you are so broken.

Old 01-06-19, 04:31 PM   #6249
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Yes, yes the U.S. is weak, the U.S. is falling apart, the U.S is GDP is questionable, The U.S. immigration problem etc. etc.

"Psychological projection" is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. For example, a person whose country has had no economic growth, no army, a disintegrating Union, citizens protesting leaders, and unchecked immigration. Constantly accuse other people of the same thing.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-06-19 at 09:37 PM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 01-06-19, 07:22 PM   #6250
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Well I'll ask the obvious question. How many tunnels do you think would be needed to keep up the current level of illegal immigration and drug smuggling?

I'd make a wild ass guess at least 1000 times the number of tunnels needed without the restriction of a wall for the increased volume alone. Then there is the fact that tunnels are far more difficult to keep open for long without detection by the authorities at each end of it so whatever the actual number they'll constantly have to be replaced and every rabbit hole found and filled means another area compromised, forcing the tunnelers to continually find new areas to dig.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 01-07-19, 02:56 AM   #6251
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

We need a wall if for no other reason that to have some more movies about chaps digging tunnels to elude authorities. I'm always partial to those movies. I'd rather have Salma Hayek, Penelope Cruz, J Lo, & Jessica Alba in the star studded cast though. Maybe they have to escape from the women's detention center because it's running short of clothing.

Last edited by em2nought; 01-07-19 at 03:01 AM. Reason: expound
Old 01-08-19, 06:10 PM   #6252
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

...plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

From 1969...

...and, IIRC, things didn't end so well for the President at that time...

<O>
Old 01-08-19, 06:34 PM   #6253
vienna
Navy Seal

<O>
Old 01-08-19, 06:41 PM   #6254
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

<O>
Yea! vinnea is back ... if you really are middle of the road ...

Why don't you trash the democrats being anti-Trump, anti-wall, anti-get along for the sake of America?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-08-19, 10:01 PM   #6255
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Yea! vinnea is back ... if you really are middle of the road ...

Why don't you trash the democrats being anti-Trump, anti-wall, anti-get along for the sake of America?

Plenty of others here to do that...

I'm just anti-stupid, anti-incompetent, anti-corrupt, anti-imbecilic, anti-fraudulent, and a few more antis...

...if I get around to it, I'll up the antis...

Given all I'm anti, and given the biggest possible incarnation of all the above and more currently occupies the Oval Office, I don't bother with those who are not in power or who probably won't ever be in power; they are irrelevant; and I don't have the moral incapacitation of others who criticize those who are irrelevant while, sheepishly and lemming-like, engaging in trying to defend what they so self-righteously claim to abhor...

I'd rather be a lone voice than a sniveling, cowardly, hypocritical lemming any day...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 01-09-19 at 01:49 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter