SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-10, 08:10 AM   #601
crisi
Swabbie

Downloads: 237
Uploads: 0

Hy,

it's possible to use the mods:
1. GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
2. Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
3. DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
now or in future?

I'm using "OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 4 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI with LRT" with "ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII". The mod "Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71" will overrite a lot of dat files like "Zones.cfg, library\Materials.dat and particles.dat".
Same like GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010 with a lot of other files.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 09:42 AM   #602
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
Hy,

it's possible to use the mods:
1. GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
2. Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
3. DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
now or in future?

I'm using "OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 4 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI with LRT" with "ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII". The mod "Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71" will overrite a lot of dat files like "Zones.cfg, library\Materials.dat and particles.dat".
Same like GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010 with a lot of other files.
Last I heard DD's OH mod was compatible with OLC Gold, but I don't know if anyone made it compatible with ACM. You should really ask in DD's thread.

Flags & Pens, I don't know, but it will probably be okay.

SH4 effects, again I don't know. RB made it into much more than an effects mod, so it "touched" all sorts of things, and then he left it unfinished. I think some other modder(s) carried on with it after that but I've no idea what the final state of it was, or how compatible it is, or whether it will break things.
onelifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 02:48 PM   #603
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
Last I heard DD's OH mod was compatible with OLC Gold, but I don't know if anyone made it compatible with ACM.
ACM is compatible with FMs ''Interiors'' mod. Karamazov has already taken care of this matter. This means that DD's ''Open Hatch'' mod can be used along with ''Interiors'' mod, OLC's mod (options 2 or 4) and ACM. I'm using all this mods and the game runs fine. Last, i'm mot 100% sure but i think that Karamazov's compatibility patch for the ''Interiors'' mod can be used with DD's ''Open Hatch'' mod. I tried this once but i don't remember the outcome. Certanly, i didn't get a CTD.

If anyone is interested please have a look at the following thread for the proper actvation order of the mods. DD's ''readme'' file is very informative too. It is included in FM's ''Interiors'' mod. If someone wants to play the game with the ''ACM'' mod and DD's ''Open Hach'' mod only i think he should read that file too to get the whole picture. I'll post my mods list too just to prove that using all this mods in conjuction is doable. I'll do this after 2 1/2 hours,approximately.

Oh, here is the thread i was talking about: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155366

P.S. I know that my reply is not a direct answer to crisi's question and OLC's answer too but that's what i can think of. I know nothing about the compatibility of the other mods crisi's is asking about.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 05:22 PM   #604
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

OLC Gold MkIIc - option 4
OLC Gold MKIId
ACM Reloaded for OLC Gold MKII
DD's Open hatch
FM's New Interior
ACM-Compatibility patch for FM's mod

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 02:38 AM   #605
beckorinho
Nub

Downloads: 68

Hi buddies,

could someone please upload the OLC-Gold-MkIId-Update, the filefront link on the first page gives me "file not found" error.

Thanks,
beckorinho
beckorinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 04:44 AM   #606
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 524

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckorinho View Post
Hi buddies,

could someone please upload the OLC-Gold-MkIId-Update, the filefront link on the first page gives me "file not found" error.

Thanks,
beckorinho

You can download it here

ftp://maikhaas.dyndns.org/Volume_1/S...ONELIFECRISIS/

So Long

Maik
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 07:09 AM   #607
beckorinho
Nub

Maby thanks, Plissken.

I owe you one!
beckorinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:36 AM   #608
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 524

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckorinho View Post
Maby thanks, Plissken.

I owe you one!

No Problem
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 01:50 AM   #609
Dave
Sailor man

Downloads: 116

I have downloaded the mod. ready to install. I already have SH3 commander installed. Do i remove the existing, or do i just activate the mod. via JSGME( depending on which part i require0. If i need to install SH3 Commander, which directory do i install to.

Thanks

PS thanks for your hard work

Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 02:17 AM   #610
ryanwigginton
Weps

This mod/thread deserves a sticky along side GWX. Surprised to see it still drifting up and down the forum board.
Old 07-28-10, 04:39 AM   #611
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwigginton View Post
This mod/thread deserves a sticky along side GWX. Surprised to see it still drifting up and down the forum board.
It used to be stickied. I asked a mod to un-sticky it. It worked - since then I've had a lot less idiotic questions. It seems that, as a general rule, people can't be arsed to go to the second/third/fourth page of the forum to post inanities!

I know, I'm an arsehole.

@Dave
IIRC there is a document included in the download that explains how to install the mod.
onelifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 01:40 PM   #612
Royale-Adio
Officer

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 5

I cannot magnify the attack periscope with this mod. Also, there is no icons for ships or my sub on the map. Is this normal?

Oh and yes, I read the first post and the readme included in the mod.
Old 07-28-10, 05:51 PM   #613
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royale-Adio View Post
I cannot magnify the attack periscope with this mod. Also, there is no icons for ships or my sub on the map. Is this normal?
Yes to both.
IIRC OLC had to disable the scope magnification to get some environmental stuff to work correctly and the icons only appear when you're zoomed way out I believe.
Details are buried somewhere in this thread.

“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
sharkbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 01:19 AM   #614
Badger Finn
Watch Officer

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royale-Adio View Post

Oh and yes, I read the first post and the readme included in the mod.
sharkbit is correct

Yes thats the nature of the mod it changes wave behaviour when looking through the scope etc and the horizon is tweaked plus altering map features

Works well and Ive enjoyed this mod from day one with no problems!
Badger Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 01:32 AM   #615
Royale-Adio
Officer

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 5

Is there a tutorial for using the AOBF but for this version of it ONLY?

Tags
gold, gui, olc, olce2, ubermod