SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-09, 10:59 AM   #46
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbph View Post

When I finally got a sighting report, the firing ship was at 18k + and coming on hard. That means they must have spotted me from the absolute max range of 20k and started firing immediately.
hi GD,

i made the tests at dido and the sensors behaved as expected . i spot the ship at 20 km and the enemy is start firing at me at about 12km when he 'sees' all of our hull (when he 'sees' the less of our hull ,,,he starts firing at about 10.5 km )

here you will find the test mission with the dido :

http://rapidshare.com/files/32442878...-dido.rar.html

drop the file in your data/singlemissions/english/ folder and run the mission (then run again the mission and turn your sub to facing the incoming enemy) . if you don't get the above results then ,definetely, something is wrong with your installation
also,keep in ming that if you use extreme tc it is possible to not spot the ship in time

i 'played' a little with the sensors and i will give you a new set which will be like this:

at day: enemy will start firing to us at 10.5km when he 'sees' all of our hull and at 9km when he 'sees' the less of our hull ( correct Hitman ?)

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 12-22-09, 11:12 AM   #47
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have had a similar experience with a speed boat where the WO sees it from miles off but I don't see it till its a couple of thousand meters away.

Old 12-22-09, 11:28 AM   #48
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber View Post
I have had a similar experience with a speed boat where the WO sees it from miles off but I don't see it till its a couple of thousand meters away.
yes Uber Gruber correct, the boats that has no smoke ( or very little smoke ) will not be vissible by player at far distances . sh3 's engine,although, will 'see' them ...nothing can be done about it (thats why Hitman was telling you that the effect is much better on NYGM becuase of the ship's smokes that NYGM is using)

i am using a version of TMT v2 with EFS on gwx which is putting more smoke to gwx's ships . this version is a work of Rs77 .i have send him a pm in order to release it but he has 'dissapeared' long time now

besides that,have in mind that the 16km versions (yes...its two versions...one with normal nights and one with dark nights) of M.E.P v3 are ready ! at these versions i have changed the horizon (not using the ''hull down'' effect--can't be so good at 16km) and some minor tweaks at sunset-sunrise.
but i can't release these versions yet for some other reasons that its not at the moment

Old 12-22-09, 01:33 PM   #49
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Makman, yes, I was in high TC (4096x) both times. Perhaps that's the problem.

Meanwhile, I tried your suggestion of removing the sensors for GWX and just modding the sensors.dat file. That seems to work better in those cases.

Thanks

JD
Old 01-14-10, 12:02 PM   #50
Dani
Helmsman

Downloads: 349

Any news on the NYGM sensors version?
Old 01-14-10, 01:06 PM   #51
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Interesting that you raise the point of dark nights/light nights. I've noticed that SH3 is quite dark on an LCD monitor but not dark enough on a CRT monitor. Then again, it could just be that my monitors are crap. I find it really hard to see a thing at night on the LCD and have to look at the screen from an angle of 45 degrees to see anything through the optics on a dark night...really hurts the neck when 'aving a go at a convoy too.

Great mod though Makman!

Old 01-15-10, 10:34 AM   #52
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
Any news on the NYGM sensors version?
hello Dani ,
the sensors for NYGM are ready but still some people (and me) are testing them ! when all are ,for sure, ok i will release them
i will release also a new sensors's pack for M.E.P on gwx and also one new pack for M.E.P on wac4.1

but right now i am facing an issue with some artifacts on sky (its not happening all time and thats the hard part ...)
the pic is from the incoming M.E.P v3-16km for lsh3 v5 but i am wondering if anyone has this issue with M.E.P v3-20km
here :

Old 01-15-10, 10:21 PM   #53
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442

Makman94,

For what it's worth, I have notice those same type artifacts previously while in game since the get go with SH3. I tend think that this is either inherent of SH3 or NYGM. I would not tend to think it is related to your mod outright. I just tend to ignore them, but if figure out what's going on, Kudos to you.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is online  
Old 01-16-10, 08:52 AM   #54
Mischa
Swabbie

Downloads: 305

Hello Makman94,

I also have had this artifacts in the sky (day & night).

Cause for this was the "Supersampling" modus in the AA parameters for my SLI Nvidia graphic cards. After switching back to normal supersampling (4x or 8x) or normal sampling (4x or 8x) I never see this artefacts again.

Michael
Old 01-16-10, 11:05 AM   #55
Dani
Helmsman

Downloads: 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello Dani ,
the sensors for NYGM are ready but still some people (and me) are testing them ! when all are ,for sure, ok i will release them
i will release also a new sensors's pack for M.E.P on gwx and also one new pack for M.E.P on wac4.1
thanx for the answer,makman.
Old 01-16-10, 04:12 PM   #56
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Downloads: 93

Hi there! I think I have a problem with this mod.

I use GWX 3.0 and I installed this mod together with sensors for GWX. Now I have spent almost 2 weeks on a patrol and all of that time my visibility has never reached more than 9km, even on clear, sunny days. Is that a bug of some kind? Here's my mod list:

GWX 3 St Naz and Schluese and other units V4
WB's campaign with VonDos' ships v1.9
WB's GWX campaign with 34 additional ships
TMT v2
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
Rapt0r's Instruments V3.1
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2 part III
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2 part II
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2 part II b
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2 part II c
Real Depth Charge
WB's additional ships TMT fix
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
evan82's Loading Screens
CombiMod OLC 'Gold' MKIId & ACM
DD_OH_V3.09
M.E.P v3
FlatSunFix for M.E.P v3
MEP v3 VisualSensors for gwx3
IXBRedHullSkin
GWX3.0 All_Weather_Guns

Old 01-17-10, 08:25 AM   #57
makman94
Hellas

@FUBAR295,Mischa : thank you for your feedback....problem seems to be solved by now
@=FI=Ghost : yes, this issue is allready known and solved ! it happens at days with partial clouds (not at clear -clear days) .this issue will be taken care with the new sesnors pack that i will release in a few days (the sensors pack will come with a 'new' scene.dat which is correcting things like these)

bye

Old 01-17-10, 03:21 PM   #58
comet61
Sparky

Downloads: 240
Default MEP v3

For the life of me I cannot get the MEP v3 to work regardless of what I do. With or without GWX, I still get that goofy "window ring" in all views except in the sub (internal views). I have tweaked the graphics and Graphics card every which way....and nothing works. If I unload MEP via JSGME, it'll stop. I discussed this on another thread, so far all suggestions are a bust. Can't figure it out. Right now I am back to GWX3 and MaGui and all is well....weird mystery.
Old 01-17-10, 03:27 PM   #59
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Quote:
@FUBAR295,Mischa : thank you for your feedback....problem seems to be solved by now
@=FI=Ghost : yes, this issue is allready known and solved ! it happens at days with partial clouds (not at clear -clear days) .this issue will be taken care with the new sesnors pack that i will release in a few days (the sensors pack will come with a 'new' scene.dat which is correcting things like these)

bye
Thank you, I am looking forward to it!

Old 01-24-10, 10:49 AM   #60
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Quote:

bye
Any news on that fix Makman?

Closed Thread