Closed Thread

Old 11-10-18, 09:26 AM   #5851
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
The next generation has to deal with the mess...the current one is too stubborn to change anything.
So was the generation before, and so will be the next one.
Old 11-10-18, 09:54 AM   #5852
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
I guess this whole debate and this thread is senseless apart from being just a form of entertainment.
Well in a way that is part of the problem. Politics, especially in the US is a form of entertainment. Just ask Jim Acosta and April Ryan. They know what they are doing. All of the MSM are complicit in this. Boring news doesn't sell. Politics in of itself is very boring. So what to do? The answer is to hype it up. Good guys vs bad guys. Our side vs their side. These people know exactly what they are doing. They know how to keep their audience fixated. And because of that these people, the media and the politicians deserve to be mocked and ridiculed big time. Don't expect a change anytime soon.

Oh yea and if you have anything to contribute to this thread, feel free. You can be serious, funny or irreverent. It's all good. I for one like to ponder the serious stuff and perhaps reply. I also like to laugh and contribute to the funny stuff.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 11-10-18, 10:11 AM   #5853
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
I guess this whole debate and this thread is senseless apart from being just a form of entertainment.

The next generation has to deal with the mess...the current one is too stubborn to change anything.

Debate, here, in this thread? See Hawk66 you're contributing to the funny aspect of this thread. Debate is a process that involves formal discussion.

What have here is emotionally charged confrontational rhetoric, trolls, ideological dialogue, hand wringing and finger pointing. I dont expect wit and wisdom. I come here to be entertained.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 11-10-18, 10:30 AM   #5854
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
What have here is emotionally charged confrontational rhetoric, trolls, ideological dialogue, hand wringing and finger pointing.

Not only here but it's all you see in politics these days in the US and Europe if one flips on the News or read the papers.
Old 11-10-18, 10:46 AM   #5855
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Politics is the showact of letting inapt, parasitical narcissists appear as being important - and making the mob believe in that.
Old 11-10-18, 10:57 AM   #5856
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-10-18 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-10-18, 11:01 AM   #5857
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:

I see this thread like a bulletin board to air your thoughts and frustrations.

We already know who will agree and who will disagree.

Sometimes it's like a dog peeing to mark it's territory, but at the end of the day we still love each other
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 11-10-18, 11:19 AM   #5858
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

Sometimes it's like a dog peeing to mark it's territory, but at the end of the day we still love each other

Our thoughts, are you kidding? How many times have we been chastised and asked to provide an internet link to everything written here.

Old 11-10-18, 11:59 AM   #5859
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:

Quote:
Our thoughts, are you kidding? How many times have we been chastised and asked to provide an internet link to everything written here.
Links? We don't need no stinking links

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
High crimes and misdemeanors. Let the waste of time inquiries begin......sigh....
Quote:
What this all boils down to is governing by executive order. B Obama did this at will. Trump will do the same....and probably relish in it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
No matter who launches it - the Senate can block any successful impeachment attempt. A supermajority of two thirds is needed in senate to let any such attempt pass. That means 40% of Republican senators would need to vote with a complete team of Democrat senators. Will not happen. Trenches are too deep.
Quote:
He was asked to resign.
Quote:
Hehe, its the first 24 hours, so I won 10 bucks from my neighbour then.
Quote:
The issue is the time and money spent on impeachment posturing when it should be of good use for what these folks are elected to do.

Maxine Waters has spend the last 19 months doing just that.

I will say this, if the House looks to impeach Trump and Kavanaugh...I can guarantee a Trump win in 2020.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
It can get confusing.

Currently, the Speaker of the House is Paul Ryan (Wisconsin)
The House Majority Leader is Kevin McCarethy (California)
The House Majority Whip is Steve Scalise (Louisiana)

Generally speaking the Speaker has the more prominent appearance when dealing with the public while the Majority Leader works more behind the scenes.
Quote:
Technically and legally no. But it may be a matter of semantics. It is common for people to confuse impeachment with conviction for that impeachment.

This is why it is more appropriately referred to as impeachment and Removal as that describes the two related but separate actions. (Article 1 s 3 and article 2 s 4)

The only powers the Senate has is to either convict or acquit. Regardless of their decision, the impeachment charge is a matter of history. This is why Presidents Johnson and Clinton are considered impeached.... just acquitted. Acquittal does not remove the record of impeachment.

It is just like for an ordinary citizen who is indicted and tried. Even if they are acquitted, there is still a record of the indictment.

There is nothing that the Senate can do to affect the House's decision to impeach. The rules were put in place to keep the power of impeachment and the power of conviction separate.
Quote:
That may be legally very important to discriminate between the process and the final outcome, but the general understanding of the term in Germany and I think in English language as well is that impeachement implies "successfully doing so" (the person gets kicked). The Senate will not allow an impeachment to be succesfull. And thats what it is about. Trump is not the kind of sensible nature that cries lonely in his bed in the night over having had such a trial in his biography - as long as it was tried unsuccessful. He probably would even boast with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Can't say I'm surprised. Not a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
This must be oh so entertaining for the likes of Russia and China.
Quote:
Definitely a circus. Mostly a distraction.
Quote:
Yea. Ted Baxter strikes again. What an idiot with a complete lack of self awareness.

It's sad. The media has gone from investigation and serious questions to lecturing the President to his face. This guy and Don Lemon are taking CNN down the toilet.
Quote:
Sarah probably forwarded a video unknowingly doctored. It happens. However, I see no reason for Sarah to forward any video. The incident was plastered all over the news. Further, dropping this out there is a great distraction from Acosta and his belligerent personality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Trump needs a bouncer. The Presidential Bouncer. I would pay to watch that.
Quote:
Maybe join the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
For better or worst you have to admit Trump has spiced up American politics.
Quote:
It is entertaining. Even more so the political correctness thrown out the window. Although, sometimes Trump says some really stupid things.
Quote:
Sped up or not Acosta physically prevented the intern from taking the mike. She was doing her job. Trump pointed at another reported so time is up. Be a gentleman and a good human being. Don't treat a young lady like that. The mike does not belong to Jim Acosta or CNN. It belongs to the White House. Every reporter there is there because they have a privilege others don't have. Why abuse it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
If there was ever something that needed thrown out a window, political correctness would be that thing.

The USA will eventually end up with all the folks who won't wear a pink vagina hat or an antifa mask being rounded up and "erased" in whatever method is the most "green".

Revelations, the part of the bible seemingly written by someone on an acid trip, has become believable.
Quote:
The CNN guy incident is unimportant. Both men behaved in a way that they deserved each other.

What becomes of Robert Mueller's investigation - that is the important thing. That the Donald kicked Sessions - dont try starting a hair splitting orgy: he was fired, plain and simple - so shortly after the elections and brought in a loyal follower instead, is reason to be concerned about the going-on of the investigation.
Quote:
Trump is not going to get burned again. Matthew Whitaker has been appointed 'acting' attorney general. He can remain at that position for 210 days. It's a job tryout. He could end up being the actual AG or not. Whitaker has been critical of Mueller's over reach on the probe. Probably why he got the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
Mueller is now on borrowed time. If he has any evidence that Trump was somehow colluding with the Russians in 2016, he has to produce it now.

Now that Trump has locked up GOP support in the Senate and there is no possibility of a law to protect the investigation, he will act quickly, certainly before the end of the year to shut down the investigation.

The Democrats will have a meltdown, but if there is no actual evidence, it will blow over in a few weeks.

The only real jeopardy to Trump would be if Mueller actually has any evidence of criminal acts by Trump, not dubious "obstruction of justice" charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Mueller doesn't have to jump because of the Republicans!! I'd be more worried about who the choices for AG will be, I mean Christie and Giuliani!?! What a joke!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
It's been no secret here for awhile that Sessions would be out right after the mid-terms so you are worried about nothing. He has been an empty suit ever since he got the AG job and if you ask me Trump should not have waited even this long. I'd have dumped the guy the second he recused himself and found someone who could actually do the job he was hired to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Pretty much how I see it
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
If Trump is really innocent, then whats he worried about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
That's the question I've been asking for a long time. (+ add the lies)
Quote:
You are talking about Trump right?
Quote:

Sometimes it's hard to tell. Maybe this will help.

Similarities between Jim Acosta and Donald Trump.

They both like the sound of their own voices.
They both think a lot of themselves.
They both have funny hair.
They can both act like babies at any moment.
Neither one of them has a White House press pass.

Differences between Jim Acosta and Donald Trump.

Jim Acosta works for CNN.
Donald Trump keeps CNN from going broke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Innocent of what?
Quote:
Personally, I blame MTV
Quote:
Well in a way that is part of the problem. Politics, especially in the US is a form of entertainment. Just ask Jim Acosta and April Ryan. They know what they are doing. All of the MSM are complicit in this. Boring news doesn't sell. Politics in of itself is very boring. So what to do? The answer is to hype it up. Good guys vs bad guys. Our side vs their side. These people know exactly what they are doing. They know how to keep their audience fixated. And because of that these people, the media and the politicians deserve to be mocked and ridiculed big time. Don't expect a change anytime soon.

Oh yea and if you have anything to contribute to this thread, feel free. You can be serious, funny or irreverent. It's all good. I for one like to ponder the serious stuff and perhaps reply. I also like to laugh and contribute to the funny stuff.
Quote:
Debate, here, in this thread? See Hawk66 you're contributing to the funny aspect of this thread. Debate is a process that involves formal discussion.

What have here is emotionally charged confrontational rhetoric, trolls, ideological dialogue, hand wringing and finger pointing. I dont expect wit and wisdom. I come here to be entertained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Not only here but it's all you see in politics these days in the US and Europe if one flips on the News or read the papers.
Quote:
Politics is the showact of letting inapt, parasitical narcissists appear as being important - and making the mob believe in that.
Quote:
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 11-10-18, 12:42 PM   #5860
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

If the democrats steal the election in Florida I damn well better get a free taco from Taco Bell.

Last edited by em2nought; 11-10-18 at 12:43 PM. Reason: reverse "better damn well"?
Old 11-10-18, 03:07 PM   #5861
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
If the democrats steal the election in Florida I damn well better get a free taco from Taco Bell.
Link?

Old 11-10-18, 03:10 PM   #5862
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:

What can I say? Speaking the truth is very often harsh...

...to those who ignore the truth...

BTW, you never looked better...

<O>
Old 11-10-18, 03:45 PM   #5863
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
BTW, you never looked better...
"Why thank you Darlin'. You are a charmer.

Ever since I got that job down here in Broward County rigging.. I mean changing.. I mean.. you know....that thing we do with the ballots.

Well it's done wonders for my looks. Any way gotta go, they just found some more."

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 11-10-18, 03:50 PM   #5864
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Maybe this helps somehow...

Old 11-10-18, 04:56 PM   #5865
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

A while back, someone said there had better be something more substantive than mere obstruction of justice charges in order to indict or impeach Trump...

...ask and ye shall receive:

The increasing evidence suggesting Trump violated campaign-finance law --

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3887f932641c

Feds Now Have Evidence Trump Broke the Law to Become President. Will Whitaker Bury It? --

https://www.thedailybeast.com/feds-n...itaker-bury-it

...and, gee, we've yet to hear what has been developed on all the other crimes with which Trump has been connected; small wonder Trump has been so worried and grumpy of late...

Speaking of Whitaker, it seems Trump says he doesn't know him:

Trump distances himself from Whitaker amid scrutiny over past comments and business ties --

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.7a0ee151b3a8

Quote:

Defiant and testy as he departed the White House on Friday morning for a weekend visit to Paris, Trump claimed four separate times that he did not personally know Whitaker, who had been serving as chief of staff at the Justice Department.

“I don’t know Matt Whitaker,” Trump told reporters, adding that he knew him only by reputation.

That claim is false, according to the president’s past statements as well as the accounts of White House officials — one of whom laughed Friday at Trump’s suggestion that he did not know Whitaker.

Trump and Whitaker have met in the Oval Office several times, and Whitaker briefed Trump when the president preferred not to talk to then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, whom he had disparaged publicly, according to White House officials. As Trump said last month on Fox News Channel, “I know Matt Whitaker.”

Seems Trump has 'buyer's remorse' over Whitaker; just goes to show what happens when you think you're the smartest guy in the room ... and you're not...

So, what happens when Don, Jr. gets indicted? Does Trump make a statement like this: "Look, I barely know him. I have nothing to do with him. In fact, I not sure he is even mine. He's probably working for Obama or Lying Hillary..."...

Also, in case you're wondering why Cohen, Manafort, and others have flipped on Trump in spite fo proffered hints of Presidential pardons, it would seem Trump, in typical idiot fashion, has painted himself into another corner; Trump could pardon any of those who choose to accept a pardon, but if a pardon is shown to be a quid pro quo, a reward for subornation of perjury or as a means of witness tampering, Trump could easily be charged with ... wait for it ... obstruction of justice!. A President can pardon anyone he wishes, but if he does so as part of a criminal enterprise, his actions are then criminal; by a strange irony, those he pardons may be free, but he would face his own charges and possible incarceration...

<O>

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter