Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-29-08, 09:21 PM   #571
Knipper
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Phillips
You'd need to be, hanging around with us.
Maybe that's why I'm here. Not too many people like to pretend to be hanging around in submarines. My mates think it's all a bit odd, so does my wife. But like I said to her, I have no interest in looking at jockeys wearing women's underwear on the internet, so you do that and I'll do this.
Old 01-29-08, 09:29 PM   #572
geetrue
Cold War Boomer

Downloads: 5

I like your bio Knipper ... I'll try to find mine back there somewhere. Your about as strange as I am, but you fit my signature perfectly ...
Old 01-29-08, 09:39 PM   #573
Knipper
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetrue
I like your bio Knipper ... I'll try to find mine back there somewhere. Your about as strange as I am, but you fit my signature perfectly ...
Right on gee. I saw it earlier, but I read so many, I can't remember which one it was. I'll check it out tho. Just found your signature. How true, how true
Old 01-29-08, 11:30 PM   #574
Marriott
Torpedoman

Downloads: 19

not much to say about me. Im 18, spent a bit of time in the canadian military basically basic training and soldiers qualification before i left, then i got arrested and put on probation which slowed the partying wayyyyy down, which i have no complaints about. I have always been interested in submarines, U-Boats in particular, for as long as i can remember. I dont even remember how i found this site, but im here so thats all that matters I'm the last person that anyone would imagine playing a subsim, since i am a teenager that partys and wears all the baggy clothes and whatnot but i've managed to get a few people to say that it looks like a cool game. I have a great sense of humour and im very easy going. I'm not the the smartest in the school department so im going to try to get a welding apprenticeship sometime in the near future, but don't know if that will be my lifelong career choice yet. Thats pretty much all i can think of right now.
Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-08, 03:57 AM   #575
Knipper
Machinist's Mate

Hi Marriot. All I've learned in 56 years is you don't know what's around the corner, you just have to make the effort, as you are doing, to find out what you're good at. Took me a long time and no small amount of pain to find that out Good luck mate
Old 01-30-08, 08:10 AM   #576
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marriott
not much to say about me. Im 18, spent a bit of time in the canadian military basically basic training and soldiers qualification before i left, then i got arrested and put on probation which slowed the partying wayyyyy down, which i have no complaints about. I have always been interested in submarines, U-Boats in particular, for as long as i can remember. I dont even remember how i found this site, but im here so thats all that matters I'm the last person that anyone would imagine playing a subsim, since i am a teenager that partys and wears all the baggy clothes and whatnot but i've managed to get a few people to say that it looks like a cool game. I have a great sense of humour and im very easy going. I'm not the the smartest in the school department so im going to try to get a welding apprenticeship sometime in the near future, but don't know if that will be my lifelong career choice yet. Thats pretty much all i can think of right now.
You sound like a sensible level headed type who is not afraid to admit they have made mistakes and have no problem in facing up to the consequences of said actions.

I wish you good luck young man

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-08, 10:19 AM   #577
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 203

Same here, Mariott. I wish you the best of luck!
Old 01-30-08, 10:50 AM   #578
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

Dear me, Kipper, I was wondering how a lad on SubSim could know about the orgins of my name, but it appears you are old(ish). Compared with me, who are 17 at least...you have much to learn boys like me!
Old 01-31-08, 05:39 PM   #579
Hanomag
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 13
Hano's Bio

Hi everybody!

Why didnt anyone tell me there were forums outside of SHIII? Sheesh! :hmm:

Anyways quick Bio.

Im 40 y/o - Born in NYC NY - spent 4 yrs as US Army Paratrooper - 2 Yrs as an Immigrations Officer - 14 yrs as a NYC Police Officer til an injury forced me out.

I found this site after reading an article in PC Gamer about GWX. And Im glad I did!

Ok on with the pix....
I was on leave from the 1/508th Lt Airborne (Panama) visiting a friend of mine In connecticut. Im on the right. my friend on the left was assigned to the 75th rangers. We had enlisted together.

Next picture is of me at work in 2000-ish. Yes its a duncan donuts. I was just there for coffee, I swear! The lil blue guy is from stick death.com. I had him for a part of his USA tour.

For a more current pic you need only scrutinize my avatar. It was taken several weeks ago, its just me trying to look like a Kaluen.

So thanks for the opportunity to post my pix..and hope to see some of you folks at the Oct 2008 get together in The Republic of Texas.

"Only if I can save first..."
Hanomag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-08, 05:49 PM   #580
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanomag
So thanks for the opportunity to post my pix..and hope to see some of you folks at the Oct 2008 get together in The Republic of Texas.

Dont suppose you could cut me some slack at immigration, could you?

Nice to meet you, Hanomag
Old 01-31-08, 06:01 PM   #581
Hanomag
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 13
Kpt Phillips,

LOL :rotfl:

Wish I could but its not even the same entity anymore since I left. I was with INS 92-94 after 9/11 it got a complete overhaul.

"Only if I can save first..."
Hanomag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-08, 06:02 PM   #582
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanomag
Kpt Phillips,

LOL :rotfl:

Wish I could but its not even the same entity anymore since I left. I was with INS 92-94 after 9/11 it got a complete overhaul.

Oh well. I assume you still kicked ass and took names as an NYC Cop
Old 01-31-08, 06:13 PM   #583
Knipper
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles
Dear me, Kipper, I was wondering how a lad on SubSim could know about the orgins of my name, but it appears you are old(ish). Compared with me, who are 17 at least...you have much to learn boys like me!
I went through a phase of reading Biggles books when I was about 8 years old (1959-ish) Real stiff upper lip, Boys Own stuff, Roger, Wilco, Pip-Pip and all that. I think he had a sidekick called Algy, if I remember rightly. Those stories are part of another age (thank goodness) but I still think it's a pretty cool name.

Oh and by the way....the name is Knipper, as in 'The Knnights Who Say Knnnni!
Old 01-31-08, 06:20 PM   #584
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles
I went through a phase of reading Biggles books when I was about 8 years old (1959-ish) Real stiff upper lip, Boys Own stuff, Roger, Wilco, Pip-Pip and all that. I think he had a sidekick called Algy, if I remember rightly. Those stories are part of another age (thank goodness) but I still think it's a pretty cool name.

Oh and by the way....the name is Knipper, as in 'The Knnights Who Say Knnnni!

Dont you mean "EkkiEkkiPootangZooomboingoin"?
Old 01-31-08, 06:33 PM   #585
Knipper
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Phillips

Dont you mean "EkkiEkkiPootangZooomboingoin"?
No, Definitely Knnni. They only said EkkiEkkiPootangZooomboingoin after they got the first shrubbery. I remember distinctly because I saw the movie at The Classic in Silbury Hill, the cinema with the self-draining car park....