Closed Thread

Old 12-07-16, 09:54 AM   #5716
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGR1 View Post
I hope by the end of this carry on that the British public actually have a proper understanding of how the democratic process in this country actually works.

Something everyone should be taught at school.

Mike.
As if...

Just like the banking racket as if....

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 12-07-16, 09:58 AM   #5717
STEED
Lucky Jack

The only winners of this Brexit mess will be the lawyers making millions of pounds and do they support staying in or leaving?

No they worship money!

Hard brexit soft brexit and now blue red white brexit, what next? Mushy peas and pie brexit!

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 12-07-16, 12:01 PM   #5718
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Public: Well, what've you got?
May: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and Brexit; egg bacon and Brexit; egg bacon sausage and Brexit; Brexit bacon sausage and Brexit; Brexit egg Brexit Brexit bacon and Brexit; Brexit sausage Brexit Brexit bacon Brexit tomato and Brexit;
UKIP: (starting to chant) Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit...
May: ...Brexit Brexit Brexit egg and Brexit; Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit baked beans Brexit Brexit Brexit...
UKIP: (singing) Brexit! Lovely Brexit! Lovely Brexit!
May: ...or Lobster Thermidor au Crevette with a Mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and Brexit.
Old 12-07-16, 01:23 PM   #5719
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGR1 View Post
Debating dualism: the Article 50 court case by Brian Taylor, BBC Scotland's Political Editor.

Brexit: The business view from Brussels by Douglas Fraser, BBC Scotland's Business/Economy Editor.

Borders and Brexit: What can Scotland learn from the Irish frontier? by David Allison.

If this is what we're getting from the BBC in Scotland, what sort of coverage are the regional news teams in England giving their viewer? I hope it's at the same level.
Since no one's replied to this point I'll take that as a no. That's the BBC's news teams in England not doing their job to educate and inform, then.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 12-08-16, 06:58 AM   #5720
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Boris has opened his mouth and put his foot in it...but, got to admit in this case he's not wrong...it's just, Boris...you don't slag off allies, even if they're useless ones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38245902
Old 12-08-16, 08:31 AM   #5721
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I can't see Boris in any other way than being a ticking time-bomb, an individual who I should imagine is seen as being nothing more than a laughing stock in the eyes of other governments.

I'm also at a loss as to why Theresa May has given him such a high profile cabinet position.

Surely his popularity within the party doesn't warrant the prominence he is being given

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 12-08-16, 01:15 PM   #5722
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Apparently a source in the cabinet has said that Boris is 'on his last life', so unless he finds an extra life somewhere he might well outstay his welcome.

Could well be that May decided to put him somewhere where he can screw things up so he can hang himself and save her the trouble of having to build him a gallows.
Old 12-08-16, 02:00 PM   #5723
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
[...] I'm also at a loss as to why Theresa May has given him such a high profile cabinet position. [...]
Revenge... you wanted Brexit, now you negotiate

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-08-16, 02:02 PM   #5724
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Another one from Brian Taylor after SLab Leader Kezia Dugdale's latest constitutional brainwave;

Labouring over the 'Scottish Question'

At the end of the day, it was Labour who implemented devolution and arguably it's up to them to try and fix the current lopsided mess.

Not that anyone will actually give them much of a chance, nor will they get much help from the Tories.

I forgot to mention earlier that what we're getting from BBC Scotland is in addition to what the main news bulletins are giving the rest of the UK. Despite plans for an hour long "Scottish Six" from the BBC, we do still get the same main programs as everyone else. So everything I've posted is effectively extra content.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 12-09-16, 07:52 AM   #5725
STEED
Lucky Jack

Sleaford and North Hykeham by-election

So the Tories hold on with a reduced majority but once again we see the looser Labour slipping from 2nd place in 2015 to 4th place behind UKIP and the LibDems. Next years local elections will be one to watch.

http://news.sky.com/story/conservati...ction-10688592

Old 12-09-16, 10:47 AM   #5726
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Revenge... you wanted Brexit, now you negotiate
Yes, there is always that possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Sleaford and North Hykeham by-election

So the Tories hold on with a reduced majority but once again we see the looser Labour slipping from 2nd place in 2015 to 4th place behind UKIP and the LibDems. Next years local elections will be one to watch.

http://news.sky.com/story/conservati...ction-10688592
Jeremy must currently be thinking he is out of the woods but come the next round of elections I suspect he will find his 'popularity' becomes an even bigger burdon.

Old 12-10-16, 07:17 AM   #5727
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Yes, there is always that possibility

Jeremy must currently be thinking he is out of the woods but come the next round of elections I suspect he will find his 'popularity' becomes an even bigger burdon.
Being so called popular will not get you in power alone you need to show you are up to the job. Yes old so called film star Jeremy and the corbinites are in for a rude awakening.

Old 12-10-16, 08:45 AM   #5728
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Being so called popular will not get you in power alone you need to show you are up to the job. Yes old so called film star Jeremy and the corbinites are in for a rude awakening.
I'm not so sure governing the country is currently considered a realist objective by them.

There first objective was to gain control of a major political party with which to garner the sounding board for publicity at a national level and to that end they are becoming increasingly successful.

After that, government?

Only time will tell.

Old 12-10-16, 12:13 PM   #5729
Oberon
Lucky Jack

TFW you forget to carry the zero:

http://www.cityam.com/255139/ons-rev...fter-admitting
Old 12-10-16, 07:05 PM   #5730
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

May could not just ignore Johnson, he would have not sat silent, but would have interfered with ambush sniping and ricochets. Before she can sort him out once and forever, she needs to complete the task of deconstructing him by leaving him the opportunity to deconstruct himself while he still cannot doo too much harm. Once has copmpleted ther task, he thaen can be puit aside safely and cannot become a dnager that easily again. But to get there, he has to fail not as a meaningless backseater, but in a responisble position.

Maybe May has heared of Patton: if you see Johnson making mistakes, do not interrupt him.

Before May can "kill" Johnson, she has to ruin his reputation - the remains of it - completely. So far, he complies marvellously.

Question is if May even will last until article 50 gets called.

If it ever gets called.

Too bad that the old TV-series "Yes Minister" is no longer produced. Their screenplay writers would have had party days with the current situation.

Tags
british, politics