Closed Thread

Old 10-31-18, 05:38 PM   #5701
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I am enjoying how the attempt to smear Mueller came apart at the seams like a very cheap, shoddy suit. How they ever thought they were going to get away with their farce is beyond comedy...

Being rank amateurs at tomfoolery, they should know better than to attempt something sleazy which only seasoned democrats have the ability to pull off time and time again.
Old 10-31-18, 05:49 PM   #5702
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Why Did Media And Democrats Abandon Their Investigation Into Brett Kavanaugh?

If Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh is really a rapist and sexual assailant, as Democrats and media claimed, shouldn't the story continue to be covered?

What happened to the multiple allegations of sexual misconduct levied against Brett Kavanaugh during his confirmation battle? The claims ranged from Christine Blasey Ford’s remotely plausible if unsubstantiated allegation of a violent attempted rape to Michael Avenatti’s completely outlandish and also unsubstantiated allegation of hosting serial gang rape parties.
From September 12 to October 6, the claims absolutely dominated all major media. They ran on the front pages of all major newspapers and filled the hours on cable and network news. Magazine journalists at The New Yorker ran with the claims, despite massive corroboration problems.
The claims were taken so seriously by the media and some U.S. senators it led to serious delays of the confirmation voting process. A hearing was held during and after which all the talking heads on cable asserted Blasey Ford was completely “credible.” Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Arizona, even maneuvered to reopen an FBI investigation to dig into the claims. Then they disappeared. Overnight.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/10/31/...ett-kavanaugh/

I know why. It's because it was a political hit job that never had a basis in reality.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-31-18, 05:55 PM   #5703
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
...and. of course I know Trump's playing to his base, as likewise idiotic, lame and un-knowledgeable hey are as their leader....
That right there is one of the reasons why people voted for Trump. Don't think it won't happen again.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 10-31-18, 06:11 PM   #5704
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
That right there is one of the reasons why people voted for Trump. Don't think it won't happen again.

Shhhhh, don't help them figure that out!
Old 10-31-18, 06:55 PM   #5705
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post

Well, you know, there were darn few of them who actually did vote for Trump, himself, and all those who voted for him because they didn't want vote for Hillary now have no real reason to continue to vote for him...

...and these are the mid-terms, no Hillary, no electoral college to game, no place to hide inadequacies behind bluster when it comes to the local elections for Congress, just voters, the majority of whom did not vote for Trump in 2016, having to decide if they'll vote for a GOP candidate without the threat of the Dreaded Hillary...

It is really, really interesting how very many of the GOP candidates running for Congress are bending over backward to distance themselves from the failure that is Trump. You'd think, if Trump were truly such a big asset (well, he actually does have a big asset ) to the GOP, the candidates would be glomming on to his wholeheartedly; instead, they are avoiding him like the plague. It will be interesting to see how strong Trump's 'coattails' really are...

<O>
Old 10-31-18, 06:59 PM   #5706
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Being rank amateurs at tomfoolery, they should know better than to attempt something sleazy which only seasoned democrats have the ability to pull off time and time again.

That and the innate incompetence, ignorance, and overweening self-importance of the Trumpettes should have made them think twice; but you know the saying:

<O>
Old 10-31-18, 07:12 PM   #5707
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

As I see it.

It's not the question of how many executive orders the President makes.

The question should be

Are those executive orders the President have made correct ?

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 10-31-18, 07:19 PM   #5708
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Of course they are. Trump has never made a mistake in his life.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 10-31-18, 07:56 PM   #5709
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
As I see it.

It's not the question of how many executive orders the President makes.

The question should be

Are those executive orders the President have made correct ?

Markus

Absolutely. It not a question of quantity, its a question of quality and efficacy. Unfortunately, the QC of the Trump administration, is sorely lacking. There actually is a definitive process for issuing EOs mandated by, you guessed it, an EO, or, actually a series of EOs with the original process defined decades ago and amended to reflect changes necessary to keep the process current with contemporary needs and nomenclature. Every President, before Trump, has been given a copy of the process upon entering office, usually by the White House staff through the Chief of Staff; it is obvious Trump has never read the process or has blatantly chosen to ignore it. The principal purpose of the process was to ensure a proposed EO meets legal and Constitutional scrutiny, and/or, to determine the fiscal impact of an EO on the Government and the citizens of the US. If Trump wishes to issue poorly crafted EOs, then the embarrassment of their failure is squarely at his door...

<O>
Old 10-31-18, 07:56 PM   #5710
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Of course they are. Trump has never made a mistake in his life.

That's up to the American to decide if they are correct or not.

It was not Just Mr. Trump I had in my mind, I was thinking about the former President.

Are their executive orders correct or not.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 10-31-18, 08:08 PM   #5711
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
That and the innate incompetence, ignorance, and overweening self-importance of the Trumpettes should have made them think twice; but you know the saying:
Apparently you don't. A quick fact check would show that John Wayne never said that, in real life or in any movie role. It was said by Steven Keats in The Friends of Eddie Coyle.
Old 10-31-18, 08:16 PM   #5712
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
That's up to the American to decide if they are correct or not.

It was not Just Mr. Trump I had in my mind, I was thinking about the former President.

Are their executive orders correct or not.

Markus

It depends on what you mean by 'correct'. Do you mean are they legal? they are, unless they violate the Constitution, something the court system, with the SCOTUS being the final arbiter, has to determine if there is a challenge. Do you mean are they properly issued? If they follow the process set down for the vetting of an EO before issuance, they very most likely are 'correct', although, again, if found to be un-Constitutional, then they are not 'correct'. F you mean are they ethically or morally 'correct', that is determined on an order by order basis and is more likely to be judged by history. The forced internment of American citizens of Japanese descent in concentration camps by the US military in 1942 upon an Executive Order issued by Franklin Roosevelt, was a grossly immoral, unethical, and, ultimately, illegal use of the power of the EO; it is still a great national embarrassment for a nation that prides itself of equal rights, morality, ethics, and the evenly applied rule of law...

<O>
Old 10-31-18, 08:20 PM   #5713
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Apparently you don't. A quick fact check would show that John Wayne never said that, in real life or in any movie role. It was said by Steven Keats in The Friends of Eddie Coyle.

Thanks, Steve, for the correction. I had heard of the quote long ago as being attributed to Wayne and had not heard otherwise, so my mistake...

Either way, its still a very good quote...

EDIT:

I just did a quick check of the quote and there is an awful lot of links attributing the quote to Wayne. However, I did find this:

What movie did JOHN WAYNE say "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid"? --

Quote:

Best Answer: None. What he said as Sargeant Stryker in "The Sands of Iwo Jima" is "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid." The one you quoted is from the novel and movie, "The Friends of Eddie Coyle". John Wayne was not in that film.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...8083008AAGcW58

...and, guess what, even that is apparently wrong. Other links say Wayne never said the line in any of his movies. It would appear the quote falls into the category of lines like "Play it again, Sam"...

Still, again, it's a good quote...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 10-31-18 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-01-18, 09:09 AM   #5714
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:

...and. of course I know Trump's playing to his base, as likewise idiotic, lame and un-knowledgeable hey are as their leader,

<O>
funny, that is increasingly how I view liberals these days, mindless sheep who cannot think for themselves and need to be told what they should think...
Old 11-01-18, 10:15 AM   #5715
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
funny, that is increasingly how I view liberals these days, mindless sheep who cannot think for themselves and need to be told what they should think...
Funny how this "sheep" thing is always used by those who can't think for themselves.

"WAKE UP SHEEPLES!! THINK FOR YOURSELVES!!!111"
*goes back to listen to what they should think by their favourite propaganda/conspiracy outlet*
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter