SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-10, 04:29 PM   #556
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Thanks, I just signed it for whatever good it will do.
Old 03-13-10, 05:44 PM   #557
Harcor
Sailor man

Downloads: 144

i even canīt finish the first mission!!!
first mission sink the polish ships
1. the first one 2 torpedo hits boom!! ok
2. you get the map and three new targets , i make my way to them, when i am in front of them i canīt shoot at them because i canīt use the periscope, i canīt click the periscope this is a bug. Well anyone a hint. The crew only says "yes sir", so I canīt choose the deck gun and so on... :-( arrrrrgggggg this is bull....
Harcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 06:28 PM   #558
Turm
Engineer

Downloads: 17

Harcor, in the tutorial mission I found that I was trapped in the periscope view until I'd sunk the second set of ships. I simply couldn't exit it! (Maybe the crew put super-glue on the eye piece?)

So if you've somehow managed to exit the periscope (something it seems you're not supposed to do), it might explain why you can't get back in...

I can only suggest restarting the tutorial mission. It won't take long to replay the first part with attacking the ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
MODS:
Latest SH5 Patch
Conning Tower Compass Fix
Mighty Fine less annoying Footsteps
MoralMod
Bad Weather Guns
AOTD_RDA_Beta_UpgradeV1.01
My_Keyboard_Bindings(Same as SH4)

3. If I go to external ship view ("<", ">" keys) after time compression or when submerged, I am unable to get back inside my boat unless I save and reload.
Those keys are added in by your mods, and are not working correctly as far as I remember reading. Not a fault of stock SH5 (for once!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
4. I am totally in favor of hiring the mentally handicapped but why let them configure a key feature such as key bindings. The default Key Binding are/were so bad that I found myself getting very frustrated and very upset when trying to play this game making SH5 almost unplayable out of the box.

I find the default key bindings okay, except for the huge number of missing commands from previous SH games, like depth under keel, return to course, and the rest.

Otherwise, the layout is fairly logical, in my opinion (WASD to move, R, F, V for diving and surfacing, with Shift modifiers for emergency cases and so on, plus 1-5 for forward speed command and Shift 1-4 for backwards - it's not all so bad, surely? )

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion anyway!
Turm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 06:56 PM   #559
Turm
Engineer

Downloads: 17

A few more minor issues:

1) Problem with speed indicator OR speed scale (advanced GUI).

Example 1:
Here I am doing 9.1 kts, but the pointer on the scale shows approximately 8.1 knots.

Example 2: Here I want to select 12 kts, but the tooltip tells me I am at 13 kts on the scale.

Not quite sure what is in the wrong place, but either way there's a 1 kt difference.

The boat never quite reaches the selected speed due to the waves anyway (especially in heavy seas), but this difference seems to make it even worse. You need to order at least +2 kts higher than you want to have a chance of attaining the selected speed.

2) Already listed multiple times, but here's graphic evidence of the hidden/transparent map contacts that still exist when map contacts are off.

If you put your mouse in the right place, you still see both the tooltip, and information box in the right-hand corner (I chopped the middle out of the image to make it smaller):

3) Not GUI related, but some ship models & reflections seem rather broken at distance... these at night (not sure if time of day matters, but I've only approached ships at night so far).

The outermost parts of the bow and stern are not there, and nor are their reflections. All I can see are the top edges of the bow & stern and the gun-turret platforms, all apparently floating in mid-air.

This image is magnified 200% and brightened to make it easier to see, hence the poor quality:

Of course, all is fine after getting closer to the ships, but makes it hard to ID targets when overtaking a convoy.
Turm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 07:35 PM   #560
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58

Where is there any tutorial missions? I don't see any in the main menu. I started a campaign and didn't see any, so I loaded up a historical mission and also no tutorials. Where did they hide them in SH5?
Old 03-13-10, 08:18 PM   #561
Parkera
Gunner

Downloads: 99

The tutorial mission is the start of your campaign! If u start a new campaign you are XO and have to go thru the mission as it says.
Parkera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 08:31 PM   #562
Vreith
Seaman

Downloads: 10

List of bugs i have found: (enjoying the game tho.... only 1 game breaker for me so far)

Major Bug: Close range deployment of torp at speed 3 (first happened when chasing a 5 knots moving destroyer at the rear at night, lucky situation) the torp get;s stopped on it's rise from launch to set torp depth, this only seems to happen on speed 3? now i have full points in the crews "non dud" skill,i thought if this is the case it would sink, but it just run continuously frozen on 1 spot, ow the i can drive strait thru them to no effect.... wastage if torps is ANNOYING cause thats 1 less ship i can sink...
It has happened a second time, ergo im posting this, and just for fun i fired other torps at a stand still just behind where the first one stopped, well they just ran into the first frozen torp and glued to it and did the same thing, did this with 3 of them, this HAS to be fixed i hate returning to base for more torps i didn't miss or they evaded.

Well that is my major bug, i figured out using short keys how to get deck gun and flak's working n all and that u need to target sight with deck binocks, still silly that the watch officer's commands don't realy work tho, noticed deck gun boys insta jump to deck gun, but takes them a few more seconds to do Flak guns.

another issue is, when i double hit a torp in the same spot on a tanker or something of sort, (so through the hole already then blowing out the inside!) it does not insta sink sometimes, infact some stay still or slowly trudge along. i would of thought this was a back breaking kill form.... it's what i normally do, although direct back shot into screws and rudd seem brake a ship into backflip up in 1 torp (best tact so far but hard to do on large convoys)

After writing all that i can't think of much more of the other i found, i did try to screen shot all of them, but when i leave game i can't either 1. find them, 2. the help keyboard lies and "print screen" doesn't save a pic it just does what windows normally does, copy paste.... i will alt tabbing ito photoshop from now on....
Vreith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 10:05 PM   #563
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

They look aground but are in acres of water
Terrain height map need sorting

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 11:43 PM   #564
Y4L
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y4L View Post
Now, forgive me if this has already been resolved/mentioned, I did take a look on this thread.

My problem is this: The radio/sonar room and the engine room lags, like a b****. Nothing else lags, I can crank up the settings and stand on the conning tower without a problem, but these rooms lag. They even lag the command room when I stand near them, I have to close the door to stop them lagging the control room (And no, I'm not joking.)

But other than this, I've only encountered the occasional physics bug with enemy ships, it's a great game overall and I applaud it!
Any ideas? Anyone!?

Other than this, I'd say the game's great. People have a way of overreacting.
Y4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 12:15 AM   #565
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y4L View Post
Any ideas? Anyone!?

Other than this, I'd say the game's great. People have a way of overreacting.
I ended up turning OFF shadows. I miss some cool shots above water, but the radio and command rooms are muuuuch smoother now.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 01:31 AM   #566
xiahou-dun
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 36

Look at this video.
xiahou-dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 01:42 AM   #567
Harcor
Sailor man

Downloads: 144

Hi Turm ,

you told me that you have to stay on periscope position, so I have no chance to exit that position until I kill the other 3 polish ships right? hehehehehe well then why the hell can I press F2 exit the sub, view the sub from the external camera perspective and when I go back to my periscope view I canīt click it again hahahah :-) OK Ok so i wonīt exit to the external camera and I will stick to my periscope Jawohl Herr Kaleun.

Many thanks you saved my day , will try that!
Harcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 02:50 AM   #568
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

With these saves there is something wrong:

1. 8.00 hours in the morning, fog, visibility half a mile. I heard the ship. Close to this merchant for some 500m and swim after her, I see her only on sonar, merchant doesn't see me.
Okay, save game. I'll be back for 2 hours.
Load game... shock: at 8.00 in the morning hour is a beautiful, sunny weather, visibility 10 miles and the ship is swimming in front of me ...

2. Total damaged ship after hitting torpedo (fires on all decks). Save and load game... look on ship: no damage, no fire. Good health...

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 03:10 AM   #569
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

I sunk a ship in the Kiel Kanel with my deck gun today. It blew apart and one half sank. But the other half, sank and then bounced back up, then sank again. Before bouncing back up again, and sinking AGAIN. And again, and again, and again.

Then guess what? Yep thats right it BOUNCED BACK UP !!!

This continued for over 1/2 hour, before i got bored watching it and sailed away.

It's prob still there bouncing around.

Last edited by jwilliams; 03-14-10 at 06:18 PM.
jwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 05:17 AM   #570
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

-cough-

EDIT: hah, too tired for my own good, this was supposed to be in the easter eggs thread X_X ah well, close enough. modern shipping containers=glitch
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote