SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-11, 04:58 AM   #541
BUKER
中国水兵

Downloads: 401
Uploads: 0

Hi Hans,

I want to ask you.
That type of 7B Autor: Testpilot1978.
What do you think about this job?
Personally, I really like his work!
Can we see it in your mod.

And do you plan to cuts in the scuppers?
Thank you.

Old 03-05-11, 06:47 AM   #542
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Dont exchange password in pm exchange password via your private mail.

Every team member who has put password info in pm make a new one it is security purpose and it is very easy to read pm on a forum for any computer literate
Yes this is a very good point, and one I overlooked using PM's for the current passwords in use.

What I need is for all members to send me a secure password (minimum 10 character length) with at least one numeric character in the password -this should be secure enough. Send the password to reaper7@u-boot-hahd.com

Then I will redo the Passwords for everyone and mail them via there current 'username'@u-boot-hahd.com that I've set up. The password for these will be the same as the one you provide.

Current Member mails as of now are: (Hope I haven't missed any new members)

reaper7@u-boot-hahd.com
hans@u-boot-hahd.com
makman94@u-boot-hahd.com
fastfranky@u-boot-hahd.com
brett25@u-boot-hahd.com
fitzcarraldo@u-boot-hahd.com

These emails have been setup for access via Gmail for ease of use compared to the default webmail access.

So if ye can get those passwords to me ASAP we can be in business. Once I have the passes done - full access to the members area and chat-room will be available.
This will provide us the tools to develop and communicate securely and more efficient.

Last edited by reaper7; 03-05-11 at 07:16 AM.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 09:20 AM   #543
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3227

Quote:
Hi mate,

Congratulation you are now in the team mate Reaper will instruct you for website team members password etc.

Also add team in your signature.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Dont exchange password in pm exchange password via your private mail.

Every team member who has put password info in pm make a new one it is security purpose and it is very easy to read pm on a forum for any computer literate

SInce you are now part of the team i already have an assignement if you have time for it here it is :

Try to find information related to dialog and rules aboard sub anything that are related to common chat and what was allowed and what was forbidden.

Good luck with this research mate and there is no rush here we do thing at our own pace

Best regards Hans
I have some material of that, first hand dialogs in U boat attacks and everyday life in the boats. I´ll prepare the scans

Many thanks and best regards!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 09:35 AM   #544
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo7 View Post
Excellent piece of work and fantastic site matey. I am pretty convinced that your project will become the SH3 ANABIOSIS..

One more thing though; In my opinion your megamod deserves a better, more historically accurate crew outfit. I mean something real immersive; the standard U-boot packchen (grey/black leather 3/4 length U-boat Battle coat and trousers) and the neckerchief along with some casual clothes of course.

Just think about it..
Cheers
Hi mate,

Thank for encouraging us but for the website all the credits have to go to Reaper my only contribution is the banner images so far

For the crew outfit there is no worry there because when the bulk of the mod will be finish we will add different uniform pack as updates

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 09:44 AM   #545
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUKER View Post
Hi Hans,

I want to ask you.
That type of 7B Autor: Testpilot1978.
What do you think about this job?
Personally, I really like his work!
Can we see it in your mod.

And do you plan to cuts in the scuppers?
Thank you.

Hi mate,

Tespilot is doing a very good job and his work is beautiful.

For the cuts it is really easy to do and i already made one version with but after seing the tremendous amount of polygons it add i drop it down i prefer to have other detail object instead of those hole.

And the hole in certain situation where making strange graphical glitch at different time of the day.

Just using a slight bevel around the hole is giving enough realism for my own taste.

We have to keep in mind that we cannot throw everything at the game engine without consequences even if you think my models are advanced and detail they are still optimized with certain trick i gather in my career

Best regards Hans

Old 03-05-11, 10:11 AM   #546
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Yes this is a very good point, and one I overlooked using PM's for the current passwords in use.

What I need is for all members to send me a secure password (minimum 10 character length) with at least one numeric character in the password -this should be secure enough. Send the password to reaper7@u-boot-hahd.com

Then I will redo the Passwords for everyone and mail them via there current 'username'@u-boot-hahd.com that I've set up. The password for these will be the same as the one you provide.

Current Member mails as of now are: (Hope I haven't missed any new members)

reaper7@u-boot-hahd.com
hans@u-boot-hahd.com
makman94@u-boot-hahd.com
fastfranky@u-boot-hahd.com
brett25@u-boot-hahd.com
fitzcarraldo@u-boot-hahd.com

These emails have been setup for access via Gmail for ease of use compared to the default webmail access.

So if ye can get those passwords to me ASAP we can be in business. Once I have the passes done - full access to the members area and chat-room will be available.
This will provide us the tools to develop and communicate securely and more efficient.
Hi mate,

Excellent work as usual and i will send you an email today with password and some info on workflow

I'm pretty busy with our latest HAHD baby if everything go well today i will upload a new video showing how surfaces ships will look in our mod.

I did a lot of work to simplify the skinning like custom hull plating template, rivets template and many more so when you start you will have all assets to work with.

Best regards Hans

Old 03-05-11, 10:13 AM   #547
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
I have some material of that, first hand dialogs in U boat attacks and everyday life in the boats. I´ll prepare the scans

Many thanks and best regards!

Fitzcarraldo
Hi mate,

Welcome aboard

Best regards Hans

Old 03-05-11, 10:24 AM   #548
mkIpetrucci
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hans, just by looking at the site you've just created I realize how much work and dedication it is involved in this project of yours. It's impressive, really. And I think you are probably a "nut" in the best sense of the word, going deep under and revitalizing SH III in the way you and your team are trying to do that. After crappy SH 5 appeared (and a lot of creative guys turned their modding attention and efforts towards that dead duck) I thought that SH III will be left deserted.
I cannot wait to see the final HAHD product. Unfortunately I don't have the time or/and the skills to help you and the team, but I appreciate a lot what you are doing. Really. Keep up this good spirit, gentlemen!

One last note: There were a lot of great things done by the GWX team, a lot of major and minor tweaking, modifying and creating new things stuff (to the gameplay and to the units, historical information and so on) that you will probably not include in your megamod and that would be a shame, in my opinion. So, for my taste, something having your mod and h.sie's Realistic Repair- and Flooding Times mod combined (and that's because both of your mod are concentrating on simulating realistic gameplaying and historical stuff as much as the game can allow that, with some limitations that are impossible to conquer), together with GWX 3.0 new units and some other stuff from there would be the almost-perfect combination (but that will probably not happen, gathering a team and coordinate their efforts the way GWX did will not be repetable).

But anyway, since this project of yours seems to be the only one "alive", I guess nobody have the right o give you advices about the way you are doing things in this mod, and I support your choices 100 %.

Last edited by mkIpetrucci; 03-05-11 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-05-11, 10:39 AM   #549
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Hi mate,

Excellent work as usual and i will send you an email today with password and some info on workflow

I'm pretty busy with our latest HAHD baby if everything go well today i will upload a new video showing how surfaces ships will look in our mod.

I did a lot of work to simplify the skinning like custom hull plating template, rivets template and many more so when you start you will have all assets to work with.

Best regards Hans
Cheers mate, looking forward to the preview vid.
Regarding the Template that will be a lifesaver and cut down on the workload - excellent
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 10:50 AM   #550
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkIpetrucci View Post
Hans, just by looking at the site you've just created I realize how much work and dedication it is involved in this project of yours. It's impressive, really. And I think you are probably a "nut" in the best sense of the word, going deep under and revitalizing SH III in the way you and your team are trying to do that. After crappy SH 5 appeared (and a lot of creative guys turned their modding attention and efforts towards that dead duck) I thought that SH III will be left deserted.
I cannot wait to see the final HAHD product. Unfortunately I don't have the time or/and the skills to help you and the team, but I appreciate a lot what you are doing. Really. Keep up this good spirit, gentlemen!

One last note: There were a lot of great things done by the GWX team, a lot of major and minor tweaking, modifying and creating new things stuff (to the gameplay and to the units, historical information and so on) that you will probably not include in your megamod and that would be a shame, in my opinion. So, for my taste, something having your mod and h.sie's Realistic Repair- and Flooding Times mod combined (and that's because both of your mod are concentrating on simulating realistic gameplaying and historical stuff as much as the game can allow that, with some limitations that are impossible to conquer), together with GWX 3.0 new units and some other stuff from there would be the almost-perfect combination (but that will probably not happen, gathering a team and coordinate their efforts the way GWX did will not be repetable).

But anyway, since this project of yours seems to be the only one "alive", I guess nobody have the right o give you advices about the way you are doing things in this mod, and I support your choices 100 %.
Hi mate,

Thank for the good words and we are coordinating our work in a very professional way and i repeat for a thousand time we will add all campaign elements, ships,planes,port, etc.

We have real professionals with prior experienced in the video game industry.

And we are starting to have offer from other talented artists so if the effort is repeatable is a big yes and we will prove it.

And a very important point is we are making all that for free and like someone already mention here if people are not satisfied with it they can simply ignore it and play whatever mod they like the choice is your

Like i say even if we do that for ten history lovers like us we will have attain our goal i don't mind not pleasing the mass we do this for fun and history. Sh3 is not a sub simulator some tend to forget that aspect it is more a simulation of a simulation so we fake almost everything in the most convincing way possible.

Best regards Hans

Last edited by Hans Witteman; 03-05-11 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-05-11, 11:03 AM   #551
mkIpetrucci
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Sh3 is not a sub simulator some tend to forget that aspect it is more a simulation of a simulation
I completely agree with that, if we are talking about simulator games, we can bring into discussion titles like "Sub Command" or "DCS:Black Shark". SH III is something very close to the thing you've described above, it doesn't matter the mods or mega-mods (GWX, LSH, WAC) made until this moment or the ones that may follow, SH III will always remain a pseudo simulator, this is the way he was born and this is the way he will die. But at least, you and others like you can make it an enjoyable pseudo simulation, you can bring out to the surface the maximum possible considering the bad default conditions and limitations given by the developers of the original game.

I am glad to find out that GWX elements will not be left outside.

I've bookmarked this topic and I am also happy to see that this thread has a very large number of views and it is increasing day by day.

Have a nice weekend, Hans!
Old 03-05-11, 11:21 AM   #552
BUKER
中国水兵

Downloads: 401

Quote:
For the cuts it is really easy to do and i already made one version with but after seing the tremendous amount of polygons it add i drop it down i prefer to have other detail object instead of those hole.
Sorry, I'm really upset ..........
But in any case, you know better what to do!
Old 03-05-11, 11:48 AM   #553
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3227

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo7 View Post
Excellent piece of work and fantastic site matey. I am pretty convinced that your project will become the SH3 ANABIOSIS..

One more thing though; In my opinion your megamod deserves a better, more historically accurate crew outfit. I mean something real immersive; the standard U-boot packchen (grey/black leather 3/4 length U-boat Battle coat and trousers) and the neckerchief along with some casual clothes of course.

Just think about it..
Cheers
I´m not secure about the grey/black leather uniforms for a generic crew cloth. The crewmen of U boats use a huge variety of clothes, from casuals to overalls machinist type (for all the crew).

I have many photos of crewmen clothes (overalls) in brownish colours, and this seems the "official" crew uniform.

In this form they appear in diverse books about U boats crewmen.

In GWX and LSH3 I use the casual-style "Das Boot" clothes by Evan.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 11:50 AM   #554
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@Hans,

Since you have beveled the Holes.
There's a pretty easy way to make them transparent.
Old 03-05-11, 12:43 PM   #555
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
@Hans,

Since you have beveled the Holes.
There's a pretty easy way to make them transparent.
Hi mate,

You mean with alpha? And by bevel i only meant in the paint program not real 3d bevel because a 3d bevel would add as much polygons as real hole do.

Like i say even transparency with alpha give strange graphical glitch at certain angle.

I have experimented so far all kind of technic and my workflow pipeline is now reflecting results from these tests.

Best regards Hans