I agree stop the tool tips.

IRISH4life
IRISH4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 04:01 PM   #542
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

The Detection tool that runs after you install the game says that I only have 2gig of memory. I have 6gig!!

Will the game use my 6gigs of memory if it only sees 2??
Old 03-12-10, 04:07 PM   #543
Ali Fish
Seaman

Downloads: 5

playing some mp earlier i was presented with this visual issue. both screens show same view. minimap proves this. on 1 screen my torp is in completely different position to the other screen,

Ali Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 04:11 PM   #544
robbo180265
Admiral

Downloads: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caal-Shto View Post
I've ordered the crew to go periscop depth. I accidentaly closed myself outside. The hatch closed, and the sub started going under water. Fast, i ordered to surface and it did, before going complete under water. The bridge crew appears, but i found myself blocked on the bridge, not managing to open hatch. Had to quit mision.

Sorry for the poor english
Tonight I've had the very same bug happen to me twice , both times I tried to go below to order a dive and couldn't because I couldn't open the hatch. It occured after I loaded a save game - Could be a corrupt save file.

Caal - did it hapeen to you after a save game load ?

Bleeding annoying either way
robbo180265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 05:29 PM   #545
Echo76
Loader

Downloads: 68

Bug with torpedo speed: game with no upgraded crew = 43.7kts

game with upgraded crew = 51.8 kts.

Don't know which skill is bugged but I suspect the damage/range skill is the reason. TDC don't calculate the higher speed correctly which causes miss by the bow in manual targeting.

Tested with G7a.

P.S. Confirmed the range/damage skill points affect torp speed, not range. The max range stays @ 5km with every setting

Last edited by Echo76; 03-13-10 at 09:41 AM.
Echo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 07:28 PM   #546
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

The Saga Continues

After attempting to return SH5 where the store manage convinced me to wait for a few bug fixes and MODS to come out before I decide to return it. I patched SH5 and found/made a few mods.

MODS:
Latest SH5 Patch
Conning Tower Compass Fix
Mighty Fine less annoying Footsteps
MoralMod
Bad Weather Guns
AOTD_RDA_Beta_UpgradeV1.01
My_Keyboard_Bindings(Same as SH4)

The latest patch from UBI didn't do a thing for the issues I encounter. The following lists some of the problems I am seeing.
  1. My game constantly pauses (lag spikes) for Auto-Save and something else happening over the net, totally blowing any chance for game emersion that SH5 may have try to obtain. These problems alone temp me to download the unprotected version of SH5 that hit the Internet a few hours after the game was released.
  2. SH5 does not support a Full Screen Windowed option as many other games such as WOW. I have two video cards running 3 monitors .If I select the full screen option, my other monitors are off limits while playing SH5 forcing me to run SH5 in a Window.
  3. If I go to external ship view ("<", ">" keys) after time compression or when submerged, I am unable to get back inside my boat unless I save and reload.
  4. I am totally in favor of hiring the mentally handicapped but why let them configure a key feature such as key bindings. The default Key Binding are/were so bad that I found myself getting very frustrated and very upset when trying to play this game making SH5 almost unplayable out of the box.
  5. When I restarted SH5 today, my last few saves are not there forcing me to repeat what I had done the day before. This can be a very painful experience after a few days.
  6. I thought SH5 was supposed to be a simulation of submarines but the boats bounce around more like a rubber ducks in a bathtub with a Hyperactive 3 years old splashing away.
  7. My Crew's moral start dropping off if I do not run back and forth, through every compartment from bow to stern. WTF is up with that. Still looking for MOD to dump this feature. The new interior is very cool and all but not so cool when forced to see it over and over and over and over.
  8. No key bindings for the various stations as in previous SH release. I can foresee some major issues here because you can not jump or climb and may end up stuck somewhere you really don't want to be, preventing you from actually controlling your boat. I really hope we are able to map keys to these locations (S3D Camera Node ID's) and I really hope each model uses the same location identifiers or the boats (Subs) will need to be MOD'd as well.
All-in-All, at this time, I am still not convinced I should keep this latest SH5 release and plan on returning it on the date I agree'd I would wait for.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 09:16 PM   #547
snapon1973
Nub

Downloads: 4

yes athon 3200 2gigs of ram nvidia newer gphx card i forget the specs 1g speed on card i think. over all gameplay is fine gets some what laggy in port. I have only come across one game thats impossible to play with my system its call rise of flight laggs so bad if you try to fly with more than 2 planes at one time. Right know i have the settings at medium. also i noticed the water splash particles are almost stationary when washed on deck slowly trickle off sometimes looks like ice is forming on the deck.
snapon1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 09:34 PM   #548
ausfatcat
Watch

Downloads: 3

Can't aim torps anymore.....

I am in the happy times campaign and I can no longer change the orp direction (always aims directly ahead)

Any idea's need screenshot?
ausfatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 10:20 PM   #549
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon1973 View Post
yes athon 3200 2gigs of ram nvidia newer gphx card i forget the specs 1g speed on card i think. over all gameplay is fine gets some what laggy in port. I have only come across one game thats impossible to play with my system its call rise of flight laggs so bad if you try to fly with more than 2 planes at one time. Right know i have the settings at medium. also i noticed the water splash particles are almost stationary when washed on deck slowly trickle off sometimes looks like ice is forming on the deck.
The slow speed of the water splash and explosions is due to your single core CPU. I'm guessing the watersplash and explosions is programmed to run on the other core that you CPU doesnt have.

The min specs on the box state a Duel Core CPU is needed.
Old 03-13-10, 01:15 AM   #550
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Minor glitch, compared to the real showstoppers, but still...
Did anyone notice that torpedo propellers do not turn? The bubble trail is generated, but propellers don't turn. Nor is the little cross-shaped thingy installed in the torp's bow.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 03:45 AM   #551
floydiee
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 2

Does anybody know how to tune the radio? I've made a key shortcut so that I can actually see it, but when I put my cursor over it it has "Are you sure you want to leave the game session" Any way to make it work?
floydiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 04:32 AM   #552
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydiee View Post
Does anybody know how to tune the radio? I've made a key shortcut so that I can actually see it, but when I put my cursor over it it has "Are you sure you want to leave the game session" Any way to make it work?

Jeez now the radio won't work.

A guy can't even listed to "Marlene Dietrich" singing Lili Marlene.

http://www.last.fm/music/Marlene+Die..._/Lili+Marlene

Next thing the TV will only get one channel.
Old 03-13-10, 07:21 AM   #553
Y4L
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

Now, forgive me if this has already been resolved/mentioned, I did take a look on this thread.

My problem is this: The radio/sonar room and the engine room lags, like a b****. Nothing else lags, I can crank up the settings and stand on the conning tower without a problem, but these rooms lag. They even lag the command room when I stand near them, I have to close the door to stop them lagging the control room (And no, I'm not joking.)

But other than this, I've only encountered the occasional physics bug with enemy ships, it's a great game overall and I applaud it!
Y4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 03:50 PM   #554
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58

I just bought the game yesterday and today it tried for 5 minutes to connect and it said my password was incorrect. I have not changed it at all since I played yesterday!! However, I see the problem now...........

UBI.com is DOWN?!

So, I am sitting here with my computer and the game installed and the CD with my keycode and everything I need to play. I have all the hardware and all the software I need. EXCEPT I CANNOT PLAY BECAUSE THE UBI.COM WEBSITE DOES NOT WORK.

So, much for this anti-piracy protection. Even honest users who have paid for the game cannot play it. I am sure glad my SUV does not use online activation...
Old 03-13-10, 04:01 PM   #555
Nauticalwolf
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 5

Me too.

Petition here: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...cgi?ew15dl94&1

What were they thinking?

I WANT MY MONEY BACK !!

RIGHT NOW !!!!

We're here to protect Democracy - not practice it!
Nauticalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote