Wait for UBI to remove the online DRM 761 61.52%
Not going to at all now. 137 11.08%
Voters: 1237. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-10, 07:12 PM   #541
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Already installed Silent Hunter 5 game , SH5 is AMAZING , Really Beautyful SH5 game , I am thinking now is time to delete/uninstall Silent Hunter 4 ( SH4 = too many many bugs ) , I will keep Silent Hunter 3 + GWX3 because GWX added many very realistic details to the game , I am 100% sure that Silent Hunter 5 plus GWX5 will become the most Fantastic Master piece of the Silent Hunter series
Old 03-07-10, 04:46 AM   #542
NefariousKoel
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 43

I haven't visited here in awhile and the SH5 release caught me a bit by surprise.

Even more surprising was the DRM. Unfortunately, it will be off my list until I can pay for a game I fully own.
Old 03-07-10, 05:33 AM   #543
salac_78
Seaman

Downloads: 106
About copyright

So This Is How Liberty Dies...With Thunderous Applause

Last edited by salac_78; 03-07-10 at 08:52 AM.
salac_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 03:42 PM   #544
GerritJ9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 6

Last Thursday I entered a store that had two copies of SH5 in stock, picked up one, went to the counter and asked the guy behind it what the little message on the box about "constant internet connection required" meant. After he had explained, I told him "No sale, I won't accept such a system" and left the store. I didn't intend to buy it anyway, but hopefully the message will be passed on i.e. that a possible sale was lost thanks to that idiocy. I still haven't forgiven UBI for their IL2 4.05m + Boonty Box datamining fiasco so I will never buy any of their stuff with such a lunatic requirement (nor anybody else's for that matter), even if they do remove it later on- which I very much doubt.

My SH3/SH4 mods: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/GerritJ9
GerritJ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 02:25 AM   #545
tonyeh
Bosun

Downloads: 28

No sale here either.
tonyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 06:35 AM   #546
peterloo
Commander

Downloads: 2

I haven't visited here for a while, and I am surprised how "fast" the development team worked.

Rather than spending time developing such draconian systems and compell possible buyers to download cracks and workarounds, why can't Ubisoft spend more time to complete the game and fix all sorts of bugs?

Don't give excuses like bring the career to climax (May 43) and then end it is the best treatment to it available. We have played and enjoyed ourselves in the late war scenarios also.

Or you may spend the time to work on new features. AI torpedoes? Enemy submarines? Rockets? Fidoes? realistic hunter killer task forces? Huff-Duff positioning system? I would be happy if you got all these, something that brings more realism to the game.

If Ubi don't drop this system in a patch, and make all the features available for offline playing, i don't see any reason to purchase the game.

The 中国水兵 (Chinese Sailor) in subsim
peterloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 09:23 AM   #547
quietguy52
Sailor man

Downloads: 0
Poll is closed.

I won't spend money on this...

"Get busy living or get busy dying..."
quietguy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 10:34 AM   #548
Spartan
Sailor man

I stopped playing SH because of Ubi and its DRM policy. I passed on four and it looks like I'll pass on five.

I'm glad to see the new system has blown up on it! I hope Ubi gets out of the PC game business and gives SH to a company that respects its customers.

Last edited by Spartan; 03-08-10 at 01:34 PM.
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 10:49 AM   #549
Drednots
Swabbie

Downloads: 64

I caved and bought it out of curiosity. At first I was quite annoyed with new UI and controls but getting used it and enjoying it so far. I consider it an incomplete game with huge potential. Am I sorry I bought it? No, only because I am optimistic about the "potential". I am not going to tell anyone it is polished enough to buy that is for each to judge on their own. If the devs continue to patch more content in and support the game along with modders then we have something worth waiting for - for those that are waiting...
Drednots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 10:55 AM   #550
thyro
Commander

Location: on a rock surrounded by water, that people call it UK
Downloads: 31

Well another long time Subsim fan with a big at SH5 and that ONLINE a MUST IDIOCRACY.

I'll keep on SH3 and SH4 because are good anyway.

I'm sorry but don't want my laptop always connect to internet in order to play a game. For me is simple... I prefer not to play rather than waste my money in a half backed product that requires such connection dependency.

I'm all for anti-piracy but UBI has done a step too far and alianeted me and most possible other players that feel the same. Forcing such idiocracy rules on mass customers just to combat the few minority deem as pirates.

my big NO UBI PURCHASE

to SH5 or any other game under these forced terms.

Have online checkings from times to times but not as requirement to play a game, and even if the connectivity is lost the game quits in the next saved game (or even I might be wrong here) so its a no go since my internent is prone to disconnects just one more reason not to buy such game.

Thyro

thyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 07:09 PM   #551
maxplay
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

I feel sorry for you who don't buy this game. It is a shame that you are getting out of a good line of games. i have this game and a O.K. then bad then worse net but the DSM has not stoped me yet!(only problem i have is lagging.) by all means better then SH3(missed Sh4 but hear it was bad)
Its like how they put laws on guns, so criminals dont(or less likely to) abouse it.
NOTE:IT CAN BE BETTER BY MAKING AN OFFLINE ABITLEY TO IT LIKE COMPANY OF HEROES(WHEN OFFLINE YOU NEED YOUR DISK TO LOG ON TO YOUR ACOUNT)
SO OFFLINE CAN HAPPEN!!!(I have not heard of prirets for this game, but i have not gone looking. but all and all good game if i could go back in time i would still buy it like lot of "CRAP" games i have(DSM=work in progress)

Last edited by maxplay; 03-21-10 at 07:38 PM.
maxplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 08:29 PM   #552
Vipper
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 8

Absolutely it does affect! I want own a thing i do buy, that's first. And second is that i share my connection and quiet often it is unstable and slow.

And third is that i want play it when internet connection drops and i'm bored or i don't have internet at all by some reasons.

And Think! Its now 10 years in future and you have a game you cannot never play cause ubi does not support it anymore and servers are history. LOL, a temporary game that it is destined to become a brick...

I hope not!

----

At this moment this game is raw cake anyway...
Vipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 09:37 PM   #553
Spartan
Sailor man

I truly hope Ubi sells the SH rights to another company.

Shoot I keep waiting for Neal to venture into the subsim making business.

Members of the community could kick in for dev costs as share holders. When finished, Stardock, Paradox, Steam and two others (names elude me right now) could distribute the title.

We surely have the experts here and contacts with dev studios. Heck he could even use the Romanian one that worked on the franchise already if the engine could be licensed or maybe get the rights directly from Ubi for usage of the name and existing property. I would think Neal has 5013c status already - food for thought...
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 03:07 PM   #554
maxplay
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

If they sell out it will come to a total different game that you will not know. Why? different makers with different views look at call of duty that is split and it is now two games on one title! W@W has little the same with MW2. if they sell out it might become a online 2+ player only game. will you be happy then. Or like other TOTAL CRAP subsim games. if they get an offline mod it will work. they gust need to see that the easy way or the hard way.(so far the hard way but if people say GET AN OFFLINE MOD they might update the sever. the game is still in the first year of sales, let them see that it dose not work and they will fix it or die!
maxplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 03:13 PM   #555
quietguy52
Sailor man

Default UBI

I wonder if UBI is perusing this thread? If so, hope they're making note of all the complaints!

"Get busy living or get busy dying..."
quietguy52 is offline   Reply With Quote