SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-08-10, 10:28 PM   #5251
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Absolutely fantastic
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 11:10 PM   #5252
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Ja ja! Das ist fantastish!
Sorry, It's really fantastic!
Just one question: while other units operating in the mission move to new position with the boat or not? Or it will be an excellent tool for testing (not just for the environment)?
Old 12-08-10, 11:20 PM   #5253
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0

OK finally ready to try this - downloaded and now I cant make out what goes where - your mod references mod options for SH3 style, SH4 and SH5 I cannot fine any of these in the mod file - instead there are a bunch of other mods some of which I already have and others I'm not so interested in - Obviously I've missed something, I also am working in XP so the intructions for installations dont reference my operating system or at least they dont seem to - can some one help

Current Mod load out listed below with clashing mods in red - any advise re the order or redundant mods is always accepted

Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.0
Cerberus62 Historical Ship Equipment 1.2
Loading Screens Mod 2.0
sobers talking conning crew mod
SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod
Wordeees' Actual Footage Menu V2
U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX
German U-Boat Hydrophone SFX
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Unterseeboot SFX
U-Boat Ballast Tanks SFX
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51 (Weathered)
Old Style Explosions V1.1
Enhanced FunelSmoke_by HanSolo78
Nauticalwolf's Damage and Torpedo UI (b) Mod V1.1
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt faces
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
AirTorpedoes
Environment 4.8 MOD
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
Shadow Improvement Mod
FX_Update_0_0_9_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_9_BARF_1_3_Full_Fix
U-boat Historical Specifications 1.4
FX_Update_0_0_9_UHS_Fix
sobers base wave mechanics for SH5 V10
IRAI_0_0_29_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_29_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
Ui-Boat V2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
the mega-mod I'm working on is based off of my UIs mod. The core of it is my UIs mod. You have nothing to worry about.

Yes I do release updates quite frequently. I'm a perfectionist - nothing I can do about that. I have made updating relatively painless by including an app (written by me) to migrate your options file from old version to new version.

So take it for a spin. If you don't like it uninstall and go back to whatever you were using
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 11:24 PM   #5254
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
Ja ja! Das ist fantastish!
Sorry, It's really fantastic!
Just one question: while other units operating in the mission move to new position with the boat or not? Or it will be an excellent tool for testing (not just for the environment)?
Other units will not move. Only the player's sub will move to new location. This is to be used for testing. I could code in moving all the units but don't see the need to. You can use the mission editor to do that.

Main reason I made it is for testing the Sextant. This will allow you to quickly move to different starting locations so you can verify the Sextant is working correctly.

Noticed while testing it that I forgot to code in current location. So it's been added. A red boxed X will denote your current position on the world map (you are at the center of the X)

I quickly made the world map so I'm hoping someone with better Photoshop skills than I will make a better one. The map used came from \data\Terrain\Maps\Map1 (I kept the full size of the map - 4320 X 2160. Now this map is unloaded from video memory before the mission starts to avoid video memory problems )

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 12-08-10 at 11:41 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 11:31 PM   #5255
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101 View Post
OK finally ready to try this - downloaded and now I cant make out what goes where - your mod references mod options for SH3 style, SH4 and SH5 I cannot fine any of these in the mod file - instead there are a bunch of other mods some of which I already have and others I'm not so interested in - Obviously I've missed something, I also am working in XP so the intructions for installations dont reference my operating system or at least they dont seem to - can some one help
all user options are located in \data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file. You can open and edit the file with Notepad.

If you go back to posts #1 - 5 of this thread there are instructions for how to edit the options file and how to install the mod.
Old 12-09-10, 12:12 AM   #5256
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Other units will not move. Only the player's sub will move to new location. This is to be used for testing. I could code in moving all the units but don't see the need to. You can use the mission editor to do that.
I have nothing against it, just may need and the unexpected.
Quote:
I quickly made the world map so I'm hoping someone with better Photoshop skills than I will make a better one. The map used came from \data\Terrain\Maps\Map1 (I kept the full size of the map - 4320 X 2160. Now this map is unloaded from video memory before the mission starts to avoid video memory problems )
I will try to appeal to Illyustrator, sure, he can draw a good map. (Unless there is another handy and do not draw a map before)
Old 12-09-10, 12:24 AM   #5257
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I will try to appeal to Illyustrator, sure, he can draw a good map. (Unless there is another handy and do not draw a map before)
If Illyustrator can take the map from \data\Terrain\Maps\Map1 and color in the blue water and give the land color that would be excellent We have to stay with the map stated as that is one of the maps the game uses. It also needs to stay at the same dimensions of Map1. If he would like to use a bigger map we could use \data\Terrain\Maps\Map2 and I can adjust the code for it.
Old 12-09-10, 12:34 AM   #5258
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
If Illyustrator can take the map from \data\Terrain\Maps\Map1 and color in the blue water and give the land color that would be excellent We have to stay with the map stated as that is one of the maps the game uses. It also needs to stay at the same dimensions of Map1. If he would like to use a bigger map we could use \data\Terrain\Maps\Map2 and I can adjust the code for it.
OK, We consider thisMaybe I myself can make a map - the experience of work in photoshop I do not have small, only an artist out of me no!

New update rus translation for v5.4.0
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2897
Old 12-09-10, 02:48 AM   #5259
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

There was a proposal to remove the contacts on the navigation map. That is to say that they do not appear on the map spontaneously (intelligence, etc.) and to map his own according to radio intercepts.
Old 12-09-10, 06:06 AM   #5260
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

During heavy rain, the navigator determine the position of the boat.

Edit
In the screenshot:
Information at the top map of the contact makes it easy to determine the position of the boat on bearing of the contact

Last edited by Obelix; 12-09-10 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Add
Obelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 08:31 AM   #5261
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:

Edit
In the screenshot:
Information at the top map of the contact makes it easy to determine the position of the boat on bearing of the contact
I haven't coded in weather yet for real navigation.

Any ideas on how to solve/resolve the bearing of the contact issue?
Old 12-09-10, 08:56 AM   #5262
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Any ideas on how to solve/resolve the bearing of the contact issue?
Or disable the display of contacts on the navigation map and put a mark on the contacts manually. Or remove the top of the navigation map contact information.
Old 12-09-10, 11:28 AM   #5263
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

Quote:
If you have last position and you know the current speed and bearing it is no problem to calculate your new position.

Maybe good idea is put the error +/- 2° to bearing and +/- 1 kt to current speed - these errors can be described as the "human error" (and effects of the wind, sea currents) and user should use sextant & chronometer to determine his 'real' position.

What do you mean?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 11:33 AM   #5264
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
If you have last position and you know the current speed and bearing it is no problem to calculate your new position.

Maybe good idea is put the error +/- 2° to bearing and +/- 1 kt to current speed - these errors can be described as the "human error" (and effects of the wind, sea currents) and user should use sextant & chronometer to determine his 'real' position.

What do you mean?
Obelix was saying that the Navigator was able to calculate current position during heavy rains. Which is correct because I hadn't coded in weather to real navigation yet.

But I just finished that part of real navigation Here are the conditions when the navigator cannot calculate position based on weather:
- clouds overcast
- any type of rain
- heavy fog
Old 12-09-10, 12:34 PM   #5265
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

the mission settings box's change location's 'Change' didn't look very professional to me and it was too generic so I changed it to show your current location in lat and long degrees. Did the same thing to the world map current location:

@ Obelix - maybe Illyustrator can add lat and long lines to the world map? The world map I made for this can be found in \data\Menu\Gui\Layout\WorldMap.dds

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui