SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-19-14, 06:02 PM   #511
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Are dates affected by this coatings.sim?
No Mike, coatings.sim only contains a number of AntiSensorCoating controllers, each with the following properties:

RadarReduction
SonarReduction
TextureSuffix

Likewise other equipment upgrades, coating availability dates are found in UpgradePacks.upc. Editing those dates is quite straightforward.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-14, 11:10 PM   #512
mop1818
Nub

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
It's great!
mop1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 12:34 AM   #513
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Welcome aboard MOP 1818

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 06:20 AM   #514
mop1818
Nub

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Welcome aboard MOP 1818
Thanks!I'm from China.
mop1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 12:10 PM   #515
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129

Well looking at the Upgrade.eqp file, dates seem reasonable. Sobers fix is something I also did a long time ago to my personal game, I took out all the ";" and made those equipment available to use.

The reason those semi colons were there, TheBeast was testing if things were working or not. Since he stopped development on it he just left them there. This is what he told me back then about it. I sent him a message back then asking permission to change equipment release date and torpedoes, I wanted to release it for the community to have the available equipment. I can across it when I was doing my AMMO mod, I'm sure Sober saw the same thing. I'm glad Sober released it, because I stepped away from community for a few years and never released it.

Dates for certain additions to ubaots are very hard to find. Hydrophone and Radar are probably the ones that are easy to come by. Those to me seen correct in looking in Sobers Upgade.eqp, I am using that as reference since its the most current .eqp everyone uses.

Torpedoes are another one to find easy, these can be easily found in past SH games and in GWX.

I think the 105mm needs a release date, but I feel like I debated this with someone and they told me they had them early on in other ships and they experimented with them on the larger uboats. I believe they did really use them on uboats until uboats were going deep in the Atlantic. When they were reaching the American coastal waters, 1941, 1942.

I'm going to look into more of the sound coatings.
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 01:32 PM   #516
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_2012 View Post
I think the 105mm needs a release date, but I feel like I debated this with someone and they told me they had them early on in other ships and they experimented with them on the larger uboats. I believe they did really use them on uboats until uboats were going deep in the Atlantic. When they were reaching the American coastal waters, 1941, 1942.
For the record, the 10.5 cm SK C/32 was the standard deck gun issue for Type I, IX and X U-boats. The gun entered service in 1934, and it was also used on T1 and T22 Torpedo Boats, F-boats, some 1940 Type minesweepers, and aboard the Emden light cruiser and Deutschland class battleships as refitted in 1944.

I doubt that Type VII U-boats were ever (re)fitted with any deck gun heavier/bulkier than the common 88mm. On the contrary, standard deck guns being removed from Atlantic boats starting from June 1943, is a well documented fact.

sources:
http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNGER_41-45_skc32.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10.5_cm_SK_C/32_naval_gun
http://www.uboataces.com/weapon-deck-gun.shtml
http://uboat.net/technical/guns.htm
Old 01-20-14, 02:23 PM   #517
Raven_2012
Commander

Yeah I kind of figured they would have to be fitted on larger u-boats. The decks needed to be able to handle them. I never really used them much, I have much luck with 88mm. Then again I haven't played much of the game in past to get later in campaign to where I need to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
For the record, the 10.5 cm SK C/32 was the standard deck gun issue for Type I, IX and X U-boats. The gun entered service in 1934, and it was also used on T1 and T22 Torpedo Boats, F-boats, some 1940 Type minesweepers, and aboard the Emden light cruiser and Deutschland class battleships as refitted in 1944.

I doubt that Type VII U-boats were ever (re)fitted with any deck gun heavier/bulkier than the common 88mm. On the contrary, standard deck guns being removed from Atlantic boats starting from June 1943, is a well documented fact.

sources:
http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNGER_41-45_skc32.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10.5_cm_SK_C/32_naval_gun
http://www.uboataces.com/weapon-deck-gun.shtml
http://uboat.net/technical/guns.htm
Old 01-20-14, 03:32 PM   #518
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yeah I kind of figured they would have to be fitted on larger u-boats...
gun dimensions are not a factor in game: the 105 mm gun is just a clone copy of the 88mm one, but with enhanced specs. Though not fully historically correct, I think we can keep it, but with some restrictions:
  • only available from september 1939 to early 1943;
  • available at a very high reward cost;
  • high additional drag coefficients (editable from the sim file), for an heavy impact on sub handling
Old 01-20-14, 04:30 PM   #519
Raven_2012
Commander

Yeah those decks guns were obsolete, when they were forced to stay off the surface more. This is when Type XXI was needed, but it came too late in war. Germans kept using the Type VII and never changed with the changes of technologies. I've read and watched documentaries on why it came so late in war, if not at all.

Type XXI was really the true answer to shift of Atlantic naval warfare. I wish it could be used in SH5, I remember using it in SH3 and it was a really nice boat.

Quote:
gun dimensions are not a factor in game: the 105 mm gun is just a clone copy of the 88mm one, but with enhanced specs. Though not fully historically correct, I think we can keep it, but with some restrictions:
  • only available from september 1939 to early 1943;
  • available at a very high reward cost;
  • high additional drag coefficients (editable from the sim file), for an heavy impact on sub handling
Old 01-20-14, 04:45 PM   #520
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Type XXI was really the true answer to shift of Atlantic naval warfare. I wish it could be used in SH5, I remember using it in SH3 and it was a really nice boat.
I agree. Nonetheless, there is still so much that should (and actually can) be done for SH5, that it is not yet time for reveries on hard to implement features. What do you think about my proposal for the 105 mm gun?
Old 01-21-14, 10:25 PM   #521
Raven_2012
Commander

Yeah I think its a good idea, needs penalties for having it. Like your idea of it adding drag. Pretty much all three ideas are good ideas.

Quote:
I agree. Nonetheless, there is still so much that should (and actually can) be done for SH5, that it is not yet time for reveries on hard to implement features. What do you think about my proposal for the 105 mm gun?
Old 01-29-14, 02:16 PM   #522
Capta1n
Swabbie

Downloads: 33

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is this the correct order for equipment upgrades? Also is the last one by Choum necessary, I've read through the thread and am still confused about that. I rarely see it on peoples mod list.

Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
Fix Equipment_Upgrades Date Sober V9

I see in one of the readme's this line, but it's still in there.
09/15/2011 Removed UBoot_Sensors.sim from this MOD

Could a guy, if he wanted to, extract these in the right order to get it down to one folder for your mods directory.
Capta1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 04:00 PM   #523
Raven_2012
Commander

Thats correct order. With my game I put the first three in one folder, doesn't really matter.

Never heard of Fix Equipment_Upgrades Date Sober V9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capta1n View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question but is this the correct order for equipment upgrades? Also is the last one by Choum necessary, I've read through the thread and am still confused about that. I rarely see it on peoples mod list.

Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Fix Equipment_Upgrades Date Sober V9

I see in one of the readme's this line, but it's still in there.
09/15/2011 Removed UBoot_Sensors.sim from this MOD

Could a guy, if he wanted to, extract these in the right order to get it down to one folder for your mods directory.
Old 01-29-14, 05:51 PM   #524
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Never heard of Fix Equipment_Upgrades Date Sober V9.
Sober uncommented the ; for some upgrade.upc items for better dates. It has been in his modlist thread, [inf] sobers mega mod.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3683
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 06:37 PM   #525
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

This is the way it works afaik . You want an equipment before it was available . You might have sunk a lot of ships so you have a lot of renown . The Kriegsmarine might let you have the equipment for testing (they wouldn't give a valuable equipment for testing to some noob captain that worries too much about environmental issues for example) . I guess because you have the renown you can get the equipment earlier then other captains . Otherwise just get it when historically available for 300 renown .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote