SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-17-10, 05:30 PM   #481
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
NOTE: After using the Nomograph to plot intercepts I think the game map Long/Lat lines are not scaled propperly. UbiSoft bug.
The Nomograph is superb! Crisp and clear, unlike the pictures I'd seen of it.

The in game lines are 120km distant from each other. In real life, depending on the latitude, they'll be ~110-112km distant. Just remember to use 120km.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 05:32 PM   #482
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I'm working on the torpedo open/closing doors and pattern running dials problems now
Just a quick reply in regards to Pattern running Torps. They are working in stock, there is a Fat/lut button on the hidden SH4 style Torpedo Panel.
The button is hidden unless the uboat is carrying a stock of Fat or Lut type torpedoes.
When you click the button the 4 Dials are revealed. I had the same problem about a month ago where the dial in my Mod would do nothing.
Until I was informed about the dials being tied to the Fat/Lut torps.

Once one the right track I created my own Dials and also placed the Stock dials on a test TDC Page and using a Torpedo Reown Mod was able to load up with each of the Fat and Lut type torps.

I can confirm that Stock dials appeared when selected and were usable as were the dials I created.
The only problem with the Fat/Lut Dials is in the Campaign they are not available till near the end.
Still I'm Integrating them into my Own UI as I'm sure the short campaign Issue will be addressed at a later date.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 05:43 PM   #483
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Ok, this is going to be long and full of pictures but I have figured out the problem with the torp doors opening/closing. First of all, commands are backwards for them. If I want to open the tube I give it a close command and if I want to open the tube I give it a close command Good work Ubi
When you have a tube opened (or it opens on it's own after a torpedo fire) you CANNOT close it until the tube is loaded with another torpedo (Great job again Ubi ).

Here's a sequence on shots detailing this and the additional buttons I've added to the torpedo section of UZO, attack, and obs:

loaded up game, all doors are closed:

I click on open tube 1:

verify that the door opened:

fire a torpedo. Now I have to wait until the progress is at 100/100 before I can reclose it Anyone say MAJOR FLOODING??

ok tube is reloaded (progress 100/100). Closing tube:

verify tube is closed:

tricky part for me is not allowing you to click on the 'close tube x' until the progress is 100/100.....still trying to figure out a way to do this
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 05:46 PM   #484
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
tricky part for me is not allowing you to click on the 'close tube x' until the progress is 100/100.....still trying to figure out a way to do this
This feature is being fixed by Ubi on Tuesday as part of the patch, maybe wait till after that to see how best to implement these buttons (i loved the switches in SH3) or perhaps they'll even be added by Ubisoft themselves?

Old 04-17-10, 05:52 PM   #485
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
This feature is being fixed by Ubi on Tuesday as part of the patch, maybe wait till after that to see how best to implement these buttons (i loved the switches in SH3) or perhaps they'll even be added by Ubisoft themselves?
true, true....ok, I'll wait to see what they do about it
Old 04-17-10, 05:54 PM   #486
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Oh.. thats good news. Hopefully they do it right. Allow the use of toggle switch to open/close
Old 04-17-10, 06:06 PM   #487
reaper7
sim2reality

Edit: OOPS meant to merge this in with previous Post. And not Double Post. Sorry.

Quote:
If they don't fix the doors in the next patch. I think one way to prevent the Button be clicked is to make the relevant chk box invisible.

I.E the Current Torpedo Selection switch is made up of a few Layers 1, Torp Number 2. Torp Selection (Open Door) 3. Torp Ready State (Counter) 4. Selection State (Light)

If you make the Torp selection Ckeck Button invisible with the xxxxxxxx.visible = False, the counter and Backlight will still display as normal (counting down to torp loaded) but the user can't click the button to select the Open/Close door as its not there untill its scripted back in after the counter finishes.

Not sure if the counter is availabe to us in the script to allow us to make the switch visible and hidden though. I'm sure its there, haven't looked for it yet
Old 04-17-10, 06:22 PM   #488
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Just a quick reply in regards to Pattern running Torps. They are working in stock, there is a Fat/lut button on the hidden SH4 style Torpedo Panel.
what's the name of this button? You'll save me from digging in the files for it.....

It's supposed to be a button for each tube that lets you select between Fat/Lut mode (mine is probably all screwed up since I have no pattern runners). It's not implemented correctly yet and thus a 'single' button appears even when you have no pattern running torpedoes (probably due to the fact that Tube 6 doesn't exist on the sub I'm using). As a quick insert I've added the row of 'buttons' for this below the torepedo box in UZO, attack, and obs so that you can at least get to the dials for pattern runners. It's not pretty but it's functional until we see what Ubi gives us on Tuesday.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-17-10 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-17-10, 06:57 PM   #489
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
what's the name of this button? You'll save me from digging in the files for it.....
They should be the:
PageTDC_Tubessettings_Fat/LutI
PageTDC_Tubessettings_Fat/LutII
PageTDC_Tubessettings_Fat/LutIII
PageTDC_Tubessettings_Fat/LutIV
PageTDC_Tubessettings_Fat/LutV
PageTDC_Tubessettings_Fat/LutVI

They use the same switch graphics your using for the TorpDoors Open/Close.

Not sure about the Sixth Torp, is this an upgrade later in the Campaign for 2 Rear Torps - I'm sticking a sixth one in to my UI just in case
Old 04-17-10, 07:23 PM   #490
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
The 'button' you speak of is not correct. It's supposed to be a button for each tube that lets you select between Fat/Lut mode. It's not implemented correctly yet and thus a 'single' button appears even when you have no pattern running torpedoes. As a quick insert I've added the row of 'buttons' for this below the torpedo box in UZO, attack, and obs so that you can at least get to the dials for pattern runners. It's not pretty but it's functional until we see what Ubi gives us on Tuesday.

I seem to remember that that the panel had a button under each switch on the panel that had a fat/lut torp loaded when playing. Are you sure that the button is not just copied for each switch ingame. Its only function is only to bring up the 4 Fat/Lut dials so it will only display under the Torp Select button for a Tube that has a Fat/Lut type torpedo loaded E.g if only Tube 2 has a relevant Torp loaded the Button will appear under Torp switch 2 - I'm sure this is how it worked for me when testing.

I created my own dials using the relevant Dial typed in dials.cfg and these responded once I had fat/lut Torpedoes loaded into the tubes .
And the Stock Dials appeared only after clicking on the switch.

Again the button only appears when the correct Torp is loaded so you will need to use the All Torp Mod to get them if early in the game for testing purposes.
Old 04-17-10, 07:37 PM   #491
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

ok got the Fat/Lut toggle buttons added. It's not the prettiest but functional until we see what Ubi gives us on Tuesday.

getting ready to toggle FaT/LuT mode:

and toggled. Hey look! There's my pattern running dials....
Old 04-17-10, 08:02 PM   #492
reaper7
sim2reality

Good to see it worked for you too. When I was testing I could only switch the 2ng Gyro Angle from 90 Degrees Port to 90 Degrees Starboard and the Leg from 800m to 1600m - not sure if this is how there meant to work or another thing not working correctly.

Here's an earlier post with my findings:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Ok did some testing by using the amunition.upc mod to enable all torpedo types.
Loaded up some fatII torps and tried the TDC still was no dials in the Mod. so went back to default TDC and noticed the Fat/Lut button over each torpedo selector.
When clicked it brought up the Fat/Lut dials .
Tried the Dials with the following results:

1. Straight Run, was able to set dial to any value between 0m and 2500m
2. 2nd Gyroangle, could onle select -90 or +90 degrees ?
3. Leg, could only select 800 or 1600 ?
4. Pattern angle, was unable to select a value (Couldn't move needle)

Should all value be selectable on the dial?
Old 04-17-10, 08:27 PM   #493
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I am using the SH3Style UI

The Player Guidance Icon is displayed even though it is set to "PlayerGuidanceEnabled = False" in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py.

Officer Icon Menu's:
Weapons Officer - Torpedo Attack: Missing Menu option to Open/Close selcted Torpedo Tube.(Flood Tube, Open Outter Door)
Navigator: Heading to View is available even while submerged and functional from any camera view at any time.
Sonarman: Missing Menu option to Send Bearing to TDC.
Sonarman: Missing Menu option to Send Range to TDC.

Radioman - Radar - Toggle Radar On: Starts with Constant Bearing and I am unable to click Continuous Sweep. I have to click One Sweep first then I can select Continuous Sweep. This happens almost every time you first toggle the Radar On after surfacing.
Radioman - Radar: Missing Radar Range Toggle (Short Range (4,800 Meters), Medium Range (16,000 Meters)).
Radioman - Request: brings up the Kapitan's Log. Should this send a Resupply Request or is it labeled wrong?

Player Guidance still not working correctly? Hmm...that thing is pissing me off. Noted.
Weapons Officer open/close tube - waiting to see what Ubi comes out with on Tuesday in the patch
Navigator heading to view functional all the time - just checked and this is a bug (Watch officer's is enabled all the time also). Correcting. EDIT: FIXED for both officers
Sonar - need to add. EDIT: Added but not sure working correctly....
Radioman - radar - constant bearing is an indication to you that your radar is not turning (it's facing a constant bearing). It has no other purpose but to inform you of this. The one sweep, continuous sweep I'm looking into. EDIT: looked at code and everything looks fine. Once I know how to get radar capability to my sub at any time for testing I can see what's wrong with this
Radioman - radar - Missing radar range toggle - has to be added. EDIT: short and medium range icons have been added

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-17-10 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-17-10, 08:33 PM   #494
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Player Guidance still not working correctly? Hmm...that thing is pissing me off. Noted.
Is it supposed to remove the "Here's how to move your camera" and "using the map" icons only or also the yellow objective ones? I have seen the "Help" ones since you first added that feature.

Old 04-17-10, 08:55 PM   #495
reaper7
sim2reality

If you figure out the Yellow Icon issue any chance you could let me know the fix. I've tried DestroyOrdersButtons() and SetObjectives( False ) everywhere in that script with no luck same for the SetPlayerGuidance( False ) .

The only way I can get rid of them is to make there dx and dy cordinates 0,0 in the Menu Editor. I was going to create there graphics as just transparent Alphas so as not to show - but would prefer to work out how to do it via scripting.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui