SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-19-09, 03:06 AM   #4831
Rothwell white
Gunner

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
Welcome to Subsim RW.
Yeah thanks mate just having a look at the manual of GWX 3 looks bloody marvelous well done for all that hard that you have put into it
Rothwell white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 03:19 AM   #4832
ronnybengt
Seaman

Downloads: 27

RW...check this MOD out
WAC GUI look for GWX 3.0 released. its very good and makes stuff easier for us noooobs

R
Old 10-19-09, 07:49 AM   #4833
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothwell white View Post
Thanks mate for the links
The single file installer disc went out 1st class this morning

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 08:18 AM   #4834
Rothwell white
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
The single file installer disc went out 1st class this morning
Oh great thank you
Old 10-19-09, 04:45 PM   #4835
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobias View Post
Hi everyone, my first post here YAY!

love this game, play the heck out of it, on my 3rd campaign now due to GWX updates and windows crashes, heh.

Cannot say enough about the work that went into this mod. REALLY made me get intrested in submarines, as i'm already a WWII buff, but i'm an Air Force guy by training.

Anyways, with that in mind, i loaded up GWX 3, and was a little concerned at a few changes i was noticing.

1)the first was that i keep firing torps after panning around in the periscope glass with the mouse, or UZO zoom...i couldn't figure out what was going on, and then noticed after lft clicking and looking around, [unless you F3 or elsewhere] to get back out, your very next left click is auto moved to the firing button! What is with THAT? it is very hard to break old habits, and i keep firing off wasted ammo unless i'm extremely careful. I can't find anything about this in the entire manual, is it a bug? or by design? If so, how can i change it back!?

2) when zooming in with binocs at night [not sure about other times] and then presing keypad 'Del' key to hide gauges...approx 10 seconds goes by and then the screen just goes all dark black, whereas you can't see anything...strangely, unhiding the guages brings the brightness back up. Anyone else notice this?

3) Lately they've behaved normally, but on my first few patrols there woudl be one guy in his shirt, in the rain, with the others in raincoats, and vice versa on a sunny day..they would have raincoats on for quite a while... seemed to work perfectly in 2.1

4) it seems there are a LOT more ship encounters, and also, i seem to get pretty lucky destroying merchants with 1 torp set at impact at 2 meter draft, then pounding a few shells below the water line...seems a lot easier than before..almost too easy now. I easily got 5-6 ships just on the way out to my patrol grid on my second patrol, with the earliest crappy torps!?!? i havnt had one fail on impact yet?!

sorry so long of post, can anyone shed some light here? are these install bugs? corrupted files etc?
I am not sure what the problems are due to. When you have a large number, it is a good idea to run with just CMDR and GWX, and then add the mods as you go, rather than all at once. The last mod is not an official GWX mod (ring-ring) so I suggest you deactivate it first and see what happens. The enhanced damage effects causes problems on some systems, but not on most.
Your # 3 is a known SH3 bug that can't be fixed. If you submerge and resurface the gear should be appropriate.
#4; just wait a bit and it gets very much harder.
I always select the option to automatically roll-back.
Old 10-19-09, 09:12 PM   #4836
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

@ Mobias,

Regarding your #3 issue, in addition to what Irish has already stated, you can also manually drag your crewmen to an interior compartment and back to the bridge to force them to change into/out of bad weather gear.

Regarding your #4 issue, try turning off your free camera and map contacts for higher realism... Those enemy ships will be MUCH harder to find then.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 01:20 AM   #4837
Rothwell white
Gunner

Is there away to start a career in 1939 before 1 august some thing like the 28th would be fine set sail wait a few a days before war breaks out

@ jimbuna got the disc this morning many thanks again

Last edited by Rothwell white; 10-20-09 at 03:56 AM.
Old 10-20-09, 04:34 AM   #4838
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

The date you start is always the 1st of the month. GWX3.0 does give you the opportunity to start in August but because of the hard coded limit you must start on the 1st.
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 06:02 AM   #4839
Rothwell white
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarJak View Post
The date you start is always the 1st of the month. GWX3.0 does give you the opportunity to start in August but because of the hard coded limit you must start on the 1st.
Just as i thought
Old 10-20-09, 07:05 AM   #4840
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517
Default shelth meter

What do you do when your shelth meter goes on red & won't go off? I had a gun fight with a lttle trawler & even went periscope deth a couple of hours & can't get it off red. Nothing works. I had it rigged for silent running & it made no difference.
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 09:23 AM   #4841
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Just as i thought
Also, bearing in mind that war with England started on Sept. 3rd... not August third as your post above implies. (Though maybe you already knew that and it was just a typo.) Therefore, August 1st 1939 career starts give you one full month + three days peacetime sailing prior to commencement of hostilities.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 10-20-09, 09:27 AM   #4842
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehiredgun View Post
What do you do when your shelth meter goes on red & won't go off? I had a gun fight with a lttle trawler & even went periscope deth a couple of hours & can't get it off red. Nothing works. I had it rigged for silent running & it made no difference.
I've never heard of that problem ocurring before. If you are close to a harbor/shore you may be within visual range of a shore battery or searchlight... something like that.

If it is somehow stuck... I imagine that it will return to normal when you reload the game.

However, it does make me wonder what mods you've added on top of GWX.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 10-20-09, 09:46 AM   #4843
Rothwell white
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
Also, bearing in mind that war with England started on Sept. 3rd... not August third as your post above implies. (Though maybe you already knew that and it was just a typo.) Therefore, August 1st 1939 career starts give you one full month + three days peacetime sailing prior to commencement of hostilities.
Yeah i did know that all i wanted know was could i change the career start date in 1939 if i wanted to
Old 10-20-09, 09:53 AM   #4844
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30
@ thehiredgun : A bit more than a year ago I was still playing the game caring only about this bloody little sub icon...
This will fix in no way the bug you've noticed... But let me tell you playing GWX3 with this stealth meter option disabled will make you enjoy a much more realistic experience, plus you'll get REAL satisfaction seeing you managed to act the right way not to get spotted by destroyers. Try it once... There will be no going back !

Old 10-20-09, 03:32 PM   #4845
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Is there away to start a career in 1939 before 1 august some thing like the 28th would be fine set sail wait a few a days before war breaks out

@ jimbuna got the disc this morning many thanks again
Your welcome

Quote:
Yeah i did know that all i wanted know was could i change the career start date in 1939 if i wanted to
If you want to change the start date you simply add an upgrade....different items have different time penalties to reflect the fitting and training of said kit.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote