Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Links?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_C...rings_shooting

The thing is, and the point I'm trying to make here is would there be this much stigma against abortion, homosexuals and transgender if some people didn't take from verses of their religious text and use it against these people?
Sure, this particular nutjob may be psychologically damaged, but how did he get that particular image into his head that Planned Parenthood are murdering babies and harvesting their body parts?
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 02:10 PM   #452
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

In the headlines in one of the Danish news paper yesterday

"Russia will stop at nothing: Putin threatens to use nuclear weapons against ISIS"

but says at the same time around he hopes "it wouldn't be necessary."

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 02:27 PM   #453
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
In the headlines in one of the Danish news paper yesterday

"Russia will stop at nothing: Putin threatens to use nuclear weapons against ISIS"

but says at the same time around he hopes "it wouldn't be necessary."

Markus
Not a chance. If any other reason he wants Assad to get as much of Syria back.
But a Daesh fighter doens't know that. They're slowly thinking in their small heads: Russians, nukes, Russians, nukes...
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 03:24 PM   #454
Oberon
Lucky Jack

And don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the religion itself, it's just a load of words after all...it's the way that people interpret those words and how they choose to enact that interpretation on others that's the problem.

It's a pretty familiar problem.
Old 12-10-15, 05:12 PM   #455
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Not sure how true this is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Seem's Daesh is destroying any shipments of drugs that come through the area they control in the ME. And it is starting to get the drug cartels upset. Now a war of words is going on between them, like the cartels are supposed to be scared of Daesh!

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/12/10...isis-in-e-mail

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 05:19 PM   #456
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Now that's an idea, ship all the Mexican drug cartels to fight Daesh.
Old 12-10-15, 06:02 PM   #457
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Not sure how true this is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Seem's Daesh is destroying any shipments of drugs that come through the area they control in the ME. And it is starting to get the drug cartels upset. Now a war of words is going on between them, like the cartels are supposed to be scared of Daesh!

Didn't the Taliban do the same to the Drugs in Afghanistan ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 07:46 PM   #458
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
It's an uncited reference which is quoting a NYT article that quotes an anonymous source. IOW biased propaganda until we have actual evidence of an actual connection to a Christian or anti-abortion group. The guy is a babbling madman. Who knows how he was manipulated into saying anything and whether he even actually understands what he said. A far cry btw from Farouk and wife coldly planning and plotting for years to commit their crimes.

Quote:
The thing is, and the point I'm trying to make here is would there be this much stigma against abortion, homosexuals and transgender if some people didn't take from verses of their religious text and use it against these people?
Well maybe and maybe not. Hate certainly does not require religion to exist. Religion might provide a handy excuse to stigmatize but there are plenty of other secular reasons to do so to just about any practice or group if one wants, and they do because it's human nature to subdivide and classify people into groups, tribes, cliques, teams, nations, whatever. Take one hate method away i'm sure people would find others to fill the void.

Quote:
Sure, this particular nutjob may be psychologically damaged, but how did he get that particular image into his head that Planned Parenthood are murdering babies and harvesting their body parts?
I don't know, perhaps from the mass media coverage of those undercover videos where the PP exec basically admits to it? But more realistically maybe it's because it's common knowledge that they are murdering (or at least killing) unborn babies and they are harvesting their body parts. Do they not perform abortions? Do they not sell body parts and stem cells? Good or bad intentions and profit margins aside that is exactly what they do.

But don't get me wrong Bud, i'm all for abortion. As I have said many times we have far too many people on this planet already and the last thing we need is more unwanted children in it, especially those born to parents unable or unwilling to make the personal, social and financial commitments to raising them properly so they don't turn into barbarians. We got too many of those too. I just don't believe in white washing what Planned "Parenthood" is really doing here, and more importantly to a good number of anti-abortion people what they do with tax payer funds.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.

Last edited by August; 12-10-15 at 07:51 PM.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 09:37 PM   #459
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
It's an uncited reference which is quoting a NYT article that quotes an anonymous source. IOW biased propaganda until we have actual evidence of an actual connection to a Christian or anti-abortion group. The guy is a babbling madman. Who knows how he was manipulated into saying anything and whether he even actually understands what he said. A far cry btw from Farouk and wife coldly planning and plotting for years to commit their crimes.
This is a fair point, although there are no doubt others who are not Muslim who coldly plotted and planned for years to commit a mass-murder.

Quote:
Well maybe and maybe not. Hate certainly does not require religion to exist.
This is true.

Quote:
Religion might provide a handy excuse to stigmatize but there are plenty of other secular reasons to do so to just about any practice or group if one wants, and they do because it's human nature to subdivide and classify people into groups, tribes, cliques, teams, nations, whatever.
Yup, religion is a handy excuse to stigmatize, be it Christian, Muslim, Jew or Hindu. All religions have their nutjobs, all religions have their murderers.

Quote:
Take one hate method away i'm sure people would find others to fill the void.
Exactly, it's that part of human nature to subdivide and classify people that is the true root cause of this war, heck, you could say that it's the root cause of many wars, and of many murders and other crimes. The fear of something that isn't like me. Be it a Muslim, a Communist, or a Homosexual, to pick just three examples. But when someone from one of these groups commits an abherrant action, should all other members of that group, no matter how many they number, nor how they have lived their lives, apologise for that persons actions?
If someone from Subsim went on a killing spree at a mosque tomorrow, would Neal have to apologise for that persons actions? Would all of us in GT have to apologise? Would every single member of Subsim have to come into GT and say that they don't support the action of that individual?

Quote:
I don't know, perhaps from the mass media coverage of those undercover videos where the PP exec basically admits to it? But more realistically maybe it's because it's common knowledge that they are murdering (or at least killing) unborn babies and they are harvesting their body parts.
The key problem in this subject, is the viewpoint of when one considers a foetus to have sentience. Until someone proves that one way or the other it's going to be a key problem in this debate.

Quote:
Do they not perform abortions? Do they not sell body parts and stem cells? Good or bad intentions and profit margins aside that is exactly what they do.
Absolutely.

Quote:
But don't get me wrong Bud, i'm all for abortion. As I have said many times we have far too many people on this planet already and the last thing we need is more unwanted children in it, especially those born to parents unable or unwilling to make the personal, social and financial commitments to raising them properly so they don't turn into barbarians. We got too many of those too. I just don't believe in white washing what Planned "Parenthood" is really doing here, and more importantly to a good number of anti-abortion people what they do with tax payer funds.
The problem is, is that it's become such a heated subject in the US (and indeed in Europe too, but not to the same extremes) that you get people taking violent actions against abortion clinics and the people who are employed by them and who use them. These violent acts run up to and including murder. Deals is just one in a line of people who have attacked abortion clinics, be they operating under the name of 'Planned Parenthood' or otherwise, and let's not forget that they don't just do abortions, they also provide forms of contraception and so forth. In an ideal world, contraception would be all that would be needed and the rest would be down to common sense and decency.
Of course, it's not a perfect world, and so clinics like 'Planned Parenthood' are needed, and it has, as you've pointed out, an additional side-benefit of helping to keep a more realistic population sustainability level without having to resort to something drastic like the Chinese did.
Ultimately, I believe that it should be put in federal law that a persons body is their own, to do with as they please, and while a foetus is inside that body, it's under the juristiction of the person whose body it is co-existing with. If that person decides that it no longer wants the foetus inside it, then that's the choice of that person.
Heck, I've seen children from the foster care system, and while foster parents do a fantastic job, it's no life for a kid, and like you say, if a couple do not have the means to have a child, nor the wish to care for one, then that child would be better off not coming out.

Ok...major veering off topic really, but I think really that something like abortion and even the harvesting of body parts and stem cells (with the former parents permission) should be something that is a part of the healthcare profession. Although it does run a bit in the face of the Hippocratic Oath, it is in the long term a beneficial option, especially in the cases where the mothers life is in danger through continued pregnancy, and when it comes to body parts and stem cells, they are very useful items for the medical system to have access to and could well benefit another persons life. From death comes life, as they say.
In Wales recently they changed the organ donor laws, so that rather than opt-in, you now have to opt-out, meaning that everyone will be treated as an organ donor unless they have something to state that they're not.
I think that's a fantastic idea, I would be an organ donor myself but I'm not sure how the tablets I'm on effects the organs...I should probably talk to my doctor and opt into the scheme once the current situation is over.

I understand people who have objections to abortion and to organ donation and stem cells. I wasn't raised a Christian, but I had an illustrated Bible and I went to a Church of England school, so I know the basics and I understand how people could view such things. But, I don't understand other people, who say that they are 'God fearing Christians' who use intimidation and violence, and even murder to try to stop other people using the free will that God gave them. To me those people seem as Christian as followers of Daesh must seem to Muslims. Yeah, I can understand the technical reason why they're doing something, but I really can't understand why they are doing something.

Still...I guess I've always been a dreamer.
Old 12-11-15, 07:01 AM   #460
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Two suspected ISIS members who took part in the 2014 Tikrit mass execution have been detained in Finland.

Quote:
The National Bureau of Investigation says that two Iraqi men were detained in Forssa, Finland, on Tuesday on suspicion of terrorism-related murders committed in Iraq. The detentions took place peacefully.
http://yle.fi/uutiset/two_detained_i...tikrit/8518806
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 11:04 AM   #461
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post

From the link...

Quote:
Blogger Steve Charnock told Daily Mail Online that he published the story and it was untrue.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 01:53 PM   #462
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
From the link...
Kind of leaned that way myself Jim, but thought it would be funny if it was true.

Al Capone
Old 12-11-15, 01:58 PM   #463
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Two suspected ISIS members who took part in the 2014 Tikrit mass execution have been detained in Finland.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/two_detained_i...tikrit/8518806
I'm glad they caught them Dowly, wonder why they are in Finland in the first place? Were they looking for asylum or trying to cause problems there!?!

Al Capone
Old 12-11-15, 04:20 PM   #464
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

..., if a couple do not have the means to have a child, nor the wish to care for one, then that child would be better off not coming out. ...
Those are in my opinion rather poor excuses for snuffing out a life. One doesn't have to be religious or some zealot to look at what's going on today and see something dreadfully wrong. I mean, christ on a crutch, watching what has become the big business of killing off and harvesting human bodies for another humans benefit if you ask me the epitome of selfishness and akin to human slavery.

Dogs care and expect more from their young and pack.

I would rather see irresponsibility 'fixed' or 'snipped' than human bodies being harvested because someone didnt feel like taking responsibility for their actions. They want to behave like animals treat them like animals.

What a sick world this is. Everyone so afraid of their own mortality they will not hessitate to destroy another's life just so they can live another hour.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-11-15 at 04:27 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 06:35 PM   #465
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

All part of that 'intelligent design'...

<O>

Tags
terrorism