oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 09:52 AM   #452
Turm
Engineer

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turm View Post
12) As posted above, Watch Officer reports "Smoke on the horizon" when the ship is some 30+ km away.
Further to earlier post, I just had my first patrol well and truly ruined. Not sure if it's related to this.

Example of ship beyond the horizon that the Watch Officer can 'see'. By choosing "Turn off TDC", the red triangle appears and should point exactly to the ship. Alas, can you see one?

No, nor can I. Anyway, I set off in the direction of the ship, which I could also hear pretty clearly on the hydrophone (my 'sound guy' couldn't hear a thing and has never reported any ships though).

After a short time, the weather changed and became somewhat foggy. But on I continued, at TC 32 or 64 (nothing too high, knowing how the SH series have a habit of dropping you out of TC too late to avoid disaster).

On dropping back to 1x TC by myself, just to have a look around, I hear gunfire, explosions, cries from the crew, and this is what I am faced with:

I crash dived, but hull integrity was already down to 28% and flooding became uncontrollable. Knowing the end was near, I clicked the Obs scope to see what was happening with the DD & consider a last-ditch torpedo shot, but on doing so got a crash to desktop... great (it was my first though). Even whilst submerged, the sonarman didn't report the DD at all. Equal opportunities are all well and good, but employing a deaf person for that role was a silly idea.

So, either:
1) The zero morale bug prevented my crew from doing anything (except the WO spotting a ship that was beyond visual range, of course), or;
2) Since the WO saw the ship from 30km or more, he didn't bother pointing out the same ship when it approached out of the fog and got within 100m...

Whichever it is, I've lost a lot of game time since an autosave kicked in just after the DD hammered me, and my last manual save is a way back. *sigh*

Finally, another one for the "to be fixed" list: drawings on map are not saved! Every time I reload the game, all my drawings (made with the ruler, protractor, compass etc.) are gone. Not good
Turm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 09:59 AM   #453
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yes, I confirm. Hit a BB in Scapa, it was burning and sinking. Saved the game and exited (to test the connection issue we are hearing about), restarted and reconnected, loaded the saved mission, that BB was sitting there untouched but I was short 4 torpedoes. I will merge this with the bug thread, thanks.
Old 03-08-10, 10:47 AM   #454
dangrey
Bosun

Downloads: 6

Does anyone send the bugs-list to the dev/ ubisoft? Or are the dev watching the forum at subsim (they should!)
dangrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 10:57 AM   #455
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangrey View Post
Does anyone send the bugs-list to the dev/ ubisoft? Or are the dev watching the forum at subsim (they should!)
Right...
One week after release date and I see 450 posts... 50% are comments, 50% are re-reported bugs, so here are reported more than 100 bugs or other issues!
Will be new 'bug list' created after release patch 1.2?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 11:48 AM   #456
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

I tried the AI subs today in a self created single mission and experienced quite weird things.

The sub was reported by my hydrophone station in about 6000 meters, but there was no sub there... I created it surfaced but there was nothing.
Then suddenly it appeared about 2000m in front of the german merchant!!

For me it seems that the AI torpedoes do not work properly... the sub starts the attack surfaced at about 2000m, fires about 6-8 torpedoes and dives away.
But unfortunately all torpedoes sink to bottom without any propeller propulsion:
Old 03-08-10, 12:31 PM   #457
IRISH4Life
Torpedoman

Downloads: 800
Default Is It Worth IT?????

I started out pretty dissappointed in UBISOFT, when they couldn't provide a patch/driver to allow SH 3 to work with Windows 7. I think that they should continue to take care of their products. So I decided to download SH 4, love it, TMO is awesome as well as RFB. in TMO + RSRD campaign right now.

My question for SH 5 - IS IT WORTH IT? I know that there are glitches (its inevitable with anything) should we all be running out, buying, and playing the latest greatest Silent Hunter game and set aside the old SH games? IS IT WORTH IT? IS IT THAT MUCH BETTER?

IRISH4life
IRISH4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 01:19 PM   #458
Nunnother
Nub

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzz View Post
You are not alone. I've heard that the 4850 is having large issues with the game - and they are not heat-related. Especially since you don't have any trouble with other games. Several people with the 4850 have reported problems over at the UBI forums. I have a 1950X and seem to be experiencing the same troubles (Crash and reboot after 5-15 mins ingame, about the time when the second ships spawn in the tutorial). I'm really annoyed that the game is UNPLAYABLE for us with certain ATI cards. A major bug that have to be fixed. Check my previous posts and the Ubi-thread here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...8771080738/p/2
Thanks for the link. I have tried to log into SH5 to try out the suggestions in the thread but now the UBI launcher states that I have input an Incorrect User Name or Password!!!!! My copy is legit and I could log in yesterday, but not today. This is a farce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nunnother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 03:47 PM   #459
Buckster
Watch

Downloads: 3

I'm getting stutter in outside views

ATI 4890

odd thing is though - that FRAPS is showing a good constant 37-42frames per secondm doesn't seem to be dropping

but ship motion is not smooth - keeps jittering/stutter - as do the waves ?

any ideas ?

some bugs I may have found:

(1) Torperdos flying in and out of waves

(2) <may be user error> but if I set any speed to a Torpedo other than not adjusting the speed the Torpedo just falls to the sea-bed with no forward motion ?!!

Last edited by Buckster; 03-08-10 at 04:35 PM.
Buckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 05:09 PM   #460
ubercaptain
Nub

Downloads: 91
Default I think it's a bug ......... for real !

I noticed I wasn't very detailed in my former post about the bug report, so here's my reasoning for the observation:

In the tutorial mission (Poland), I sank 2 ships and in the second mission (British Supplies), I sank 3 more, which is 5 ships total for both missions and I believe the total tonnage was 21,586 for all of it. In port after receiving my mission (which was Coastal Waters), the tally rose to 8 ships at over 52,000 tons.

I still believe that this is a bug and really needs to be squashed !
ubercaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 05:26 PM   #461
keith_uk
Torpedoman

Downloads: 101

In the last days before this game was released, i upgraded to a HD monitor and bought an XFX ATI HD5850 video card just to play SHV. I'm now ready to install the game after a full system reinstall and now i find out it has all these bugs.
What i'm saying is, lots of people not only waste their money on the buggy game, they may also spend a hell of a lot of money getting their system ready for this game, only to find out its full of bugs.
I upgraded for this game alone, I don't play any other games anymore.

I think Ubi should hire as many people as needed to get ALL of these problems fixed and fixed fast! If there are 100 bugs, then get 100 people and give them one bug to fix each if thsts whats needed to get it fixed quick so we can get playing this game and get some fun out of it.

I can't believe they didn't know about most of these bugs before the game was released. Who do they have testing the game?? Just the people who buy it by the looks of things. Whoever the testers are, they need to be fired, as they have not done their job right.

Does anyone know if another patch is in the works and if so, when it will be ready?

Keith.
Samsung SSD 830 Series
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
keith_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 05:48 PM   #462
Stevepine
Planesman

Downloads: 172
Default Magic Disapearing Uboat Skin

Sometimes when I load up a save game.... ( like after another ubisoft disconnect for example...althought not always ) My nice new paint job on my VII B seems to have been washed off by the waves and my boat is bare and naked once again!

Damn low quality German paint...... or maybe there was a lot of acid rain in late '39?

Stevepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 06:37 PM   #463
carpenter68
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Default Just a question

Hi there, I'm new to this forum, and I bought my SHV yesterday...
So, well, i thought about getting upgrade stuff for my PC, just to play my new game...
I spent the last 5 hours with reading all the threads here, also i did in other forums...
Did I buy the wrong game??????

Should I spend $ 200 for a new graphic card, just to figure out, that the server then lets me down all the time, that i've got to fight all those bugs and glitches I read about here?????

Or just goin' on building my beloved german U-boats in 1:72 scale?
Seems to be the better idea....

I'm not a big gamer, but didnt expect that much trouble, when I just wanna have some sub-fun!

greets
carpenter68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 07:34 PM   #464
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Roster cfgs could do with a clean up - not a bug per se but a indication of shoddyness

Carl Peters

[Unit 5]
Name=Marinefahrprahm
DOC=19410927
DOD=19470101

[Unit 6]
Name=Marinefahrprahm
DOC=19410927
DOD=19470101

[Unit 7]
Name=John Barry
DOC=19410927
DOD=19470101

[Unit 8]
Name=Eleazar Lord
DOC=19410927
DOD=19470101

[Unit 9]
Name=Ephraim Brevard
DOC=19410927
DOD=19470101

[Unit 10]
Name=Josiah Nelson Cushing
DOC=19410927
DOD=19470101

[Unit 11]
Name=Elwin F. Knowles

Yes plus the rest of the 2000 odd liberty names and the Marinefahrprahm is another ship completely

Seems there were 4 Pinguins

[Unit 1]
Name=AMC Penguin
DOC=19330401
DOD=19400224

[Unit 2]
Name=AMC Penguin
DOC=19341112
DOD=19450409

[Unit 3]
Name=AMC Penguin
DOC=19360106
DOD=19391217

[Unit 4]
Name=AMC Penguin
DOC=19400225
DOD=19450417

The BBDuilio uses the 3DModel of NBB_Littorio
And the originals look bugger all alike

While those are laziness the next is a bug

And the harbour population - done auto as far as I can tell by the game - is screwed up

Amsterdam in 39\40 has British and German mercs docked next to each other - visited it a few times
Not tried any other ports

Lots more but covered elsewhere in this thread

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 07:51 PM   #465
THM
Seaman

Downloads: 18

Just discovered that not even the correct time of day is passed when reversing to a previous save game.

I was pretty speechless after all ships around could suddenly see me!

Sometimes the attack scope fails to extend completely. When in calm seas it barely reaches the water surface. Cannot be fixed other than by releading the game.

I'm not sure wether to be happy or not when UBI prevents me of playing a rightfully acquired game...

Cheers
THM is offline   Reply With Quote