SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-17-10, 11:24 AM   #436
Phantom Mark
Bosun

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Ok, I think I understand where the potential problem may be now, I only installed the Patch files..........so it seems I was probably missing the other core files from the main RF download, downloading that now and re-installing etc.

Will report back, thanks.

S!
Phantom Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 12:12 PM   #437
TH0R
XO

Downloads: 52

No problem, glad you sorted it out.

For Hitman, this is with the latest beta:

Single mission, sing the Kongo

Visible on binoculars

Distance on map, weather and time

Contact sighted, at some 5.8 NM

View through binoculars

Old 03-17-10, 02:58 PM   #438
Phantom Mark
Bosun

Downloads: 3

All working A1 ok now thanks.

My breath is taken away, only run for a few mins but visually I am already mega impressed since my last visit to SH4 and RF1.5

My mistake was not installing the RF2.0 base pack and only installing the RF2.0 patch, now I have it ALL installed all works as planned

Cant wait to retrain my brain in the ways of manual TDC

S!
Phantom Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 04:52 PM   #439
Camaero
The Old Man

Downloads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUK View Post
I deleted all my mods from mod folder then did one big install at once of RFB 2.0, latest patch, RSRDC and latest patch and a couple of other mods which were the hydrophone lines and fog fix and so far its worked for me. Still get the occasional "yes Sir, Yes Sir" but nowhere near as often as I had.

Hope this helps a little.
I reinstalled RFB 2.0 and that didn't seem to help. Everything has been done off a fresh install of SHIV 1.5. Again, the only mods I have are RFB 2.0, the patch, and RSRD (RFB version) + patch.

Everytime I man battlestations or dive (happens when issuing other commands as well), I hear "yes sir" a minimum of 4 times in a row. Sometimes it *tries* to repeat a million times but gets cut off in the middle of the second or third yes sir.

Any ideas? Maybe I should just reinstall everything again... but I don't see why I wouldn't come up with the same result.

Also, is it normal that I should barely hear the engines while on deck or inside the boat? It's been a lot time since I've played SHIV and I remember it used to be quite loud.
Old 03-18-10, 06:03 PM   #440
SteveUK
Helmsman

Downloads: 87

Sorry to hear your ongoing problems Camaero

The fresh install of the mod and patches worked for me but I still havent got the engine sounds either. Only way I can get them is contantly playing with the 3D sound settings and even then they aren't that loud.

Mind you have just gone through the stations on my boat back to bridge and engine sounds are back - weird!

See Thors post 7 down for his thoughts on the sounds - Thanks Thor.

Silly question, please dont shout, but you have installed with JSGME I take it?

I'm running Windows 7 this is a new pc and made a seperate games folder wher I have put SH4. Dont know if that is any help.

Good luck hope you get it sorted we need some more skippers out here I'm getting my butt kicked at the moment!
SteveUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 11:22 PM   #441
Camaero
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUK View Post
Sorry to hear your ongoing problems Camaero

The fresh install of the mod and patches worked for me but I still havent got the engine sounds either. Only way I can get them is contantly playing with the 3D sound settings and even then they aren't that loud.

Mind you have just gone through the stations on my boat back to bridge and engine sounds are back - weird!

See Thors post 7 down for his thoughts on the sounds - Thanks Thor.

Silly question, please dont shout, but you have installed with JSGME I take it?

I'm running Windows 7 this is a new pc and made a seperate games folder wher I have put SH4. Dont know if that is any help.

Good luck hope you get it sorted we need some more skippers out here I'm getting my butt kicked at the moment!

Well I reinstalled everything again and... what can I say? The engines are back and the retarded repeating sailor is off my boat! Stupid computers.
Old 03-19-10, 08:03 AM   #442
SteveUK
Helmsman

Glad everythings sorted now Camaero, happy sailing
Old 03-19-10, 09:17 AM   #443
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80

A scrollable map with shipping lanes in it would be nice.
Old 03-19-10, 09:38 AM   #444
TH0R
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHibbins View Post
A scrollable map with shipping lanes in it would be nice.
+1
Old 03-19-10, 12:02 PM   #445
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

@Thor

thanks for the report, the good visibility nights with clouded skies are a nightmare, the most difficult thing to fix. The ships are rendered visible for the player against the grey sky, yet for the crew dark clouds mean they don't see so well.

I'm trying to find a good compromise in the visibility distance, it's the best that can be done.
Old 03-19-10, 01:32 PM   #446
TH0R
XO

No problem mate. I am glad to be of help. For a ling time now I wanted someone to fix / fine tune this in RFB. Even this beta is vast improvement over the previous visual sightings. My crew used to be blind, and now it ain't any more.

If you need any thing specific scenario like the above tested, just say so.
Old 03-19-10, 02:18 PM   #447
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Thanks again, I'll keep you updated on any new betas.

So far the only thing I can say to a 100% is that there is no perfect solution at all , but since we usually spend our time in the map screen at higher time compression -even if hunting- (64x or more) what I'm trying to do is ensure that in any case when the crew reports a ship, we are also able to see it. Of course, if someone spends his time at the deck in 1x time compression, he will be able to spot ships before his crew does, but for the average player -who jumnps to brdige view AFTER the crew report- this should be good enough.
Old 03-20-10, 03:13 AM   #448
Camaero
The Old Man

Something interesting came up tonight while attacking a small task force. After my attack two destroyers came around and started pinging me. The pinging became VERY loud and it sounded like they had me nailed... but no charges were ever dropped. I waited a long time and nothing was happening. I ended up popping into external view and the destroyers were rocking side to side very quickly and looked like they were having all sorts of trouble steering and/or moving forward or backwards.

No charges were ever dropped. Eventually they left and went on their way.

Just thought I would report this and see if it has happened to anyone else. This is the first time it's happened to me so perhaps it was just one of those random screw ups or something. Only mods I'm using is RFB and RSRD with all patches.

Having lots of fun after my sound issues were fixed though.
Old 03-20-10, 05:41 AM   #449
TH0R
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaero View Post
I ended up popping into external view and the destroyers were rocking side to side very quickly and looked like they were having all sorts of trouble steering and/or moving forward or backwards.
DDs sometimes rock like on heavy seas. I don't know why bit this is present from the very first time I started playing SH4/RFB. I think it might be the stock game issue.

As for them not being able to track or DC you. God knows. They might have been rookies.
Old 03-20-10, 06:23 AM   #450
SteveUK
Helmsman

Have had this happen before - I guessed maybe they couldnt pin point me and didn't waste charges? They did give up quite quickly as I recall.