SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-06, 01:19 AM   #31
Vinay
Torpedoman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

It's a very bad thing that the U.S is charging its citizens during such difficult times.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article...f_main_tff_top
6:25 p.m.: The storm over evacuation charges continued. U.S. House Democratic Leader Pelosi said that Americans shouldn't have to pay to be evacuated from Lebanon. To get on board ships headed for Cyprus, Americans must sign a note pledging to reimburse the U.S. government. They will be charged the price of a flight from Beirut to Cyprus - usually about $150 or $200, although officials refused to specify. The White House defended the charges. White House spokesman Tony Snow said the government had to charge evacuees because of a 2003 law. "I dare say that it's something that is causing heartburn for a number of people, but it's the law," he said. Beirut embassy note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Am not from the US but from England and while I share your sentiments what you have to remember is the large amount of people that are in Lebanon purely for money - and lots of it - tax free too
Always a sticky situation - people flood to danger zones for big bucks then when it kicks off expect everyone else to come running to save them
Its a risk they are putting themselves in

At least your government is on the ball whether they charge or not
I think the British government has supplied a man and a rowboat to get them off
People may be rich or poor the government is not supposed to charge people under such difficult conditions. It is the responsiblity of the goverment to evacuate them. The government is not providing any Cruise.

There are a lot of poor people also who may be mechanics, labourers etc.
Vinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 01:56 AM   #32
P_Funk
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 128

Know why there are so many people in Lebanon making money off of construction? Because every 20 years Israel blasts thier infrastructure back to WW2! It's kinda like halliburton in Iraq. War benefits business. Reconstruction is expensive and whenever you spend a dime someone else makes a million.

P_Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 05:06 AM   #33
joea
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycho102
Tycho's 5-minute guide to International Travel for American Dummies.

Don't go to Columbia.
Don't go to Indonesia.
Don't go to Pakistan.
Don't go to Afghanistan.
Don't go to Iran.
Don't go to Somalia.
Don't go to Spain, France, Russia, Turkey, Cypress-Turkey (the north side), Italy, Morocco, Nigeria, Algeria, Chad, Liberia, Thailand, China, North Korea, East Timor, Venezuela, Paraguay, Bolivia, Equador, Argentina, Mexico, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Qatar, Oman, Jordan, or Lebanon.

If you do, you're on your own because you're an idiot. You're beyond being just a dummie. Americans are tired of subsidizing idiots. If you are not prepared to be on your own, don't go to these countries.

Think carefully before going to Puerto Rico.
Think carefully before going to the Virgin Islands.
Think carefully before going to Britian.
Think carefully before going to the Phillipines.
Think carefully before going to South Korea, Japan, Israel, Brazil, Chile, or Peru.

Christ. Think carefully before you go to Hawaii, these days. Sheesh!

Australia is still mostly friendly with the Yanks -- please don't be an ass if you go down there.
Denmark and Poland are fairly safe, if they'll even have you.
Bravo Bravo!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey Scandium relax....this is and was the point....Don't piss in the fan and tell us it's rain.

Anyone can do whatever they want with consequences.I teach this to my son and to have to be telling you is like I have another child.I don't and will never live in a cave like Saddam and Osama but hey...to each his own.I won't live in California either cause I don't like having to worry about a freeway overpass squashing me...but I have visited.Do what ya like buddy, but to try to come off like the people living in Lebanon don't have a clue ,then maybe they are better off having a bomb in there lap some would say.Natures natural selection for you evolutionists. Have a great day!
Honestly some of you don't get it!!! I said it on the other thread, a lot of peopel are visiting family in Lebanon???? How is that being a greedy irresponsible twat??? Maybe they should forget about their family and friends...

Plus Tychos list is a bit dumb, most Euro countries are ok, or do you really think Americans are risking anything other than bad service in Paris?? (Which everyone gets)
joea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 05:35 AM   #34
Vinay
Torpedoman

Downloads: 0

http://www.outlookindia.com/images/p...n_2_060720.jpg

This people are lucky. They don't pay.
Vinay is offline   Reply With Quote