Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-29-18, 06:07 AM   #31
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ Maybe Julius Caesar would be more appropriate

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-18, 09:39 AM   #32
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Maybe Julius Caesar would be more appropriate
U PLAGIARIST!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2553101&postcount=8

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-18, 11:01 AM   #33
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

It is easy to bash on the EU, it would be more honest to face the real issue: The countries in the EU, which have those severe economical issues have just lost their competitiveness. It is as simple as that. People in Asia work harder, are more innovative, why not face the truth. That is the first step to alter the situation.

That is the core reason and all other stuff (Euro) might worsening the situation but is not the root cause. You do not need to find any conspiracy and other weird explanations.

Frankly I cannot hear this 'establishment' nonsense anymore. The people get the government which they deserve in a democracy. If people are not interested in some complexities of our current world, nobody needs to be astonished when they vote for parties, which promise simple solutions. I guess that is true for more or less all Western countries.

You do not need to study to realize that if you borrow money that you have to pay back.

Yes, I know some folks want that he EU will be gone, the world before it was simply so great, wasn't it ? If some countries continue not making their homework, we will face again a divided Europe, but this time we cannot blame the Soviets anymore...

Last edited by Hawk66; 05-29-18 at 11:30 AM.
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-18, 11:26 AM   #34
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I know they had an election back in March and two of their rightwing party got most of the votes.

Liga Nord and five star-something.

As I see it, the people want a different type of parliament= Lesser EU, Lesser Refugees/Immigrants

Now the President have asked a person, who, if I have heard correctly, are very EU positive to create/build/other word a government.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 06:40 AM   #35
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A pretty good article (IMHO) about the current Italian crisis:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a8374091.html

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 04:09 AM   #36
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Looks like they just managed to cobble something together.

https://news.sky.com/story/italys-po...nment-11391195
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 05:03 AM   #37
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Der Tagesspiegel

Silent tolerance from me. These parties and politicians are not my friends nor do their political and economical views represent mine - but I

let them do unopposed the work of eroding the EU and Euro further, pushing both further over the cliff.

Once the EU has gone, political parties of any flavour have to go, too, of course. Everything positive I can envision, cannot be had with

political acting being around. I only have doubts that people undertand this. Realistically I must expect that once the EU is dead, people

demand that the same mistakes like last time immediately should be started to be made once again. And what else maybe to expct in a

society with an overaged demography like Europe's?

Still, a tiny chance still is more than no chance. One thing is certain, though: this century is set to become a hell of a rough ride.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 06-01-18 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Resized and removed innapropriate part of image.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 05:11 AM   #38
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
[IMG]
....people demand that the same mistakes like last time immediately should be started to be made once again.
Ain't that the truth I think the EU will stagger on, (until all the moneys gone at least.) But i don't see them lasting too far in to this century either.

Ps, that picture is massive SB! I'm getting horizontal scroll bars on 22" display.
I have a feeling the mods wont like it much (and not just because of the size)
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 05:25 AM   #39
Skybird
Soaring

Monumental pictures for monumental fossiles.

Actually I copied over a smaller version of it, but once posted, it blew up in size by itself.
Old 06-01-18, 06:07 AM   #40
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Looks a better fit now.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 07:25 AM   #41
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

The EU will only morph into another nightmare and sell it to the people and they shall clap and cheer in most part. A few will see it for what it is a nightmare but that is some time down the road. As for Italy in the here and now they will remain in the EU.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 09:18 AM   #42
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I really don't pay that much attention to the E.U. unless its the subject at Subsim, then it gets me to read a bit about it.

https://www.cfr.org/article/italys-n...-breaks-europe

Quote:
...When Italy’s newly elected populists promise to cut taxes and raise spending, they are merely extending the pattern. Their principal innovation is to be brazen about it — and to compare modern Germans to Nazis even as they flout German-backed deficit caps. This will only harden Northern European opposition to centralized bank backstops and so paradoxically entrench the doom loop that perpetuates those incentives for the Italian government to borrow. How does this game end? In the short term, Europe’s economy is enjoying a cyclical upswing and the central bank is buying bonds via its quantitative easing program, so a crisis is unlikely. But in the longer term, Italy’s debt ratio seems headed into the stratosphere. When the next downturn comes, Europe may find itself dealing with a basket case many times the size of Greece during the last crisis. Greece was small enough to be containable. Italy will be too big to fail, and perhaps too big to save.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 10:25 AM   #43
Skybird
Soaring

The factor by which Italy's crisis in the end will effect Europe more than Greece's does, is 10+.

Even France itself is a fiscal problem. And wants to become an even bigger one, according to Macronman'S flightplan.

I asked this severla times before in the past twenty years, and still wait for the first mainstream politicians to answer it correctly: when the apple costs one thaler and you have three thalers, how many apples can you buy at max?

Hint : the answer is a number with not two or more digits. That reduces the number of possible answers to only ten. One out of ten: for heaven's sake - by mere chance and luck somebody should have mentioned the correct solution by now, due to mere luck and guessing at least.

In 2008, the OECD states had accumulated debts of 25 trillion. Today, ten years later, they have almost doubled to 45 trillion.

And I read that if you count all companies' and corporations debts, all private households' debts and all banks' debts together, you end up with a number in the range of 233 trillion dollar - 37% more than 2008.

Both the FED and the ECB have primary guilt to admit here. Investors need to take ever greater risks to acchieve ever smaller gains and profits. The share of uncompetitive business compoanies that normally already would have been removed form the market, but are kept alive to live a zombie's life, has almost quadrupled.

The situation is extremely dangerous and unstable, more so than 2007, 2008, or 2003, or in the late 80s.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-01-18 at 12:03 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote