SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-18-07, 12:37 AM   #31
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury_marauder
When your being depth charged if your tubes are open while diving deep instead of just your aa guns and deck gun.
this was done on purpose to reflect the fact that open torp doors would allow greater damage in real life (the tubes werent armored like the tube doors) so it was added to the game for realism.

you also have a greater chance of your scope being destroyed if you havent lowered it fast enough because again, in real life it would be knocked out fast if it was up during depth charge.
Old 07-18-07, 01:47 PM   #32
Weather-guesser
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0
Default 1.4

Please fix the problem with NO INTERIOR DAMAGE SOUND

NAVY! It's not just a job. It's a Buck Seventy-Five an hour!
Weather-guesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 02:43 PM   #33
corleonedk
Watch

Downloads: 0

A lot of people still have trouble whit save games getting bugged,especially after upgrading ships
corleonedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 06:58 PM   #34
DedEye
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
The periscopes going up and down has been removed in 1.3. I always wanted them to go up and down when clicked in the virtual world.
I noticed in the Sargo the attack scope animation doesn't work but the observation scope animation does. Maybe there's a clue in there somewhere :hmm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear
I am hoping one or more of the brains on this forum would find a simple way of letting me/us know which tubes were still open.
It'd be nice if somehow the flickering lights on the panels in the conning tower could be made to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermind79
Hi, i've noticed an amazing bug: i enter the game, set my custom options for realism, like unlimited fuel, then start a new career, after the loading of the 1st mission, i have all gameplay option reset to 88%, how is possibile? The game decide for me or what? And this without any mod activated, so seems incredible, someone else noticed that?.
I set mine in the main menu at 88% and it defaults to 11% in campaign. Easy enough to change in the campaign options though. Click on the radio in your office
Old 07-18-07, 07:15 PM   #35
Poop
Watch

All I want is an end patrol option. And more or less the stuff posted above me.
Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 04:08 AM   #36
GeoffBelding
Seaman

Downloads: 5
Default No CO2 creation

I have noticed that when travelling submerged, no CO2 shows up on the scale.

Cheers

Geoff
GeoffBelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 04:20 AM   #37
switch.dota
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffBelding
I have noticed that when travelling submerged, no CO2 shows up on the scale.

Cheers

Geoff
You usually have enough O2 for about 48 hrs submerged. That's about 8 times the amount a stock sub can travel on batteries.
switch.dota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 04:58 AM   #38
PepsiCan
Planesman

You forgot a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo
I am going to try like Pepsi did and get this back ON topic - what remains to be fixed in 1.3 - regardless of if ubi or mods do it....

My list in order of preference is as follows:

1> Zombie ships. This .... bug effect it not only is frustrating - simply removing a ship from the "playfield" once its sunk makes sense as its one less thing for the PC to track - thus helping keep performance good. From what digging I have done - this looks like its an effect caused by a waypoint change or a "date" change - either one is seems to be the respawn culprit.

2> Damage Control - while historically no sub skipper ever had his CE or COB tell him "We're at 68% hull integrity" - we do need a bit more info on how our hull is doing. Something like either an estimated damage percentage - or better yet a text on damage that gives an "estimate" of depth that the hull could withstand. This would be realistic as a CE would tell his captain "I've got the forward bulkhead shored up as best we can - but I wouldn't advise taking her past about 150' because I ain't sure she will hold up past that....".

3> Torpedo Exploder Switch issue - already well documented.

4> Limited Bridge Perspective - as Captain if I wanted to get higher so I could, like a lookout - get a 360 degree view (without the conning tower blocking my view) - it should be possible. Would probably require a new station created.

5> Deck gun commands do not stick. By this I mean I tell my gun crew to hold fire - then designate a single merchant target that they shoot at. Once its considered sunk - the crew reverts back to a "fire at will" order that I haven't given. With the limited deck gun ammo and the amount of damage a single hit does - I dont want them wasting it on a ship I dont want them shooting at. Yes I know I can man the gun myself - but if I am on a NSA (Night Surface Attack) I better be conning my boat!

The above issues are those that I suspect cannot be fixed by modding. While I do concur that some folks have concerns with graphical issues or glitches - and those also will not likely be fixable by modding, they do not affect my enjoyment of gameplay and so I won't put them on my list. Not to say that they are not important for other gamers - just not for me. Each to their own in otherwords...
The issues below I suspect will be able to be modded out at some time in the future. Some of them (noted with a following $) are already addressed in whole or in part by existing mods that are either released or are WIP's. Released mods may not yet be 1.3 compatible as yet.

6> Destroyer Hulls still Self Destruct when ramming.

7> Aircraft raid spawning and vectoring. $

8> Enemy Traffic Patterns fail to follow historical data. Convoys early in the war when they were not there, battles between task forces that are not modeled in the layer, etc. $

9> Ship Sinking time/physics - as noted earlier - its too fast/not accurate. $

10> Fuel/battery consumption rates - not historically accurate. $

As noted - 4 of these 5 already were taken care of in whole or in part with mods that were available. #8 is the only one that will take a good bit of time I suspect to complete - as the layer files are handled differently than in SH3 - they are set for periods instead of one big layer. Easier to change one thing at a time perhaps - but very tedious so kudo's to those working on that. #'s 7,9 & 10 were already fixed in mods for 1.2 so I suspect that the 1.3 compatible versions won't take long to appear.

I have not been able to replicate the forced retirement bug - although some have indicated it still exists. If it does - then it still needs to be fixed. I am unsure if folks meant the bug where your original sub was retired forcing you to go with it even if you had a new sub, or if they meant you couldn't spend renown to continue patrols. If its the first - a 1.3 compatible fix will be out soon I suspect. If its the latter - it should be #6 and would go in the list that would require Dev support to fix.

One last thing I will say - I appreciate the work the Devs have done - both developing the game and working toward patching it as best they could. Thanks, Dan and Company!
You forgot a few:

- Sun shining through metal and crew becoming transparent when using Volumetric Fog and Environmental Effects graphic settings

- When you have the original conning tower (the bathtub model) swinging the gun to port or starboard and aiming upward, results in the 'bathtub' plating blocking the gunner's view. (Yes, I know there is a mod, but it in essence removes the bathtub, so you have reduced conning tower when it actually wasn't available.)

- No means to call for help when close to a base but out of fuel. Currently, all you can do is...well, start a new carreer because this boat is never coming home again.

Hope that helps
MSI NVidia 6800 128MB
MSI motherboard
Realtek soundcard
Windows XP Pro SP2
===================

Last edited by PepsiCan; 07-27-07 at 05:09 AM.
PepsiCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-07, 10:08 PM   #39
nomdeplume
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermind79
Hi, i've noticed an amazing bug: i enter the game, set my custom options for realism, like unlimited fuel, then start a new career, after the loading of the 1st mission, i have all gameplay option reset to 88%, how is possibile? The game decide for me or what? And this without any mod activated, so seems incredible, someone else noticed that?.
I think this is more of an "unexpected feature", rather than a bug. As DedEye mentioned, if you click on the radio in your office you can change the realism settings.

I believe the intention is to allow a) different realism settings during a campaign compared to single missions and [possibly] b) multiple campaigns with different realism settings.

When you start a new campaign, you can select Easy, Moderate, or Hard (or something like that), which are presets for various realism options. These settings are applied to that campaign, but only to that campaign. So, when you start a new campaign make sure you notice the difficulty level setting (on the screen where you enter your captain's name and select the starting year and base), and let it be a reminder that you need to reset them to your preferences once you get into your office. (Unless of course, your preferences happen to exactly match one of the presets.)

Although the implementation is a little confusing, I think it probably is better than having realism settings apply across the board. At least this way, your settings for a campaign remain the same even if you experiment with different options in other missions.
nomdeplume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-07, 12:28 PM   #40
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

i will add one of my own to the list,

DECK GUN CREWS NEVER FIRE AT THE GREATEST THREAT

too many times they shoot at sanpans when a DD is closer and it is shooting at me.

no command should be needed to say why dont you shoot at the ship firing back at us instead of the sanpan! this happens everytime there is more than one target to choose and they always shoot at the least threat to the sub forcing me to stop what i'm doing to redirect them.