SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-08, 07:42 AM   #31
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Prientje, I have seen this mod for SHIII before, but I have not looked at the workings within to see how it's put together. It's possible to do for SH4, but that's just my first opinion. I see there is the additional feature of having an AoB finding tool for the periscope image which I knew Hitman had been working on. That all looks pretty sweet!! I must admit my time is limited with keeping up with the constent changes of various mods my manual Ship Centered, Accuracy Fix is compitable with. Seems as if I'll never catch up. For me, spring brings the farm duties that pulls me out of the computer chair and back to real life. I've still got my white wine from '07 to bottle and the grapes to prune as the weather allows!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-08, 09:35 AM   #32
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Uploads: 0
Default Without a doubt

Without a doubt, this and your tutorial on High Realism Play are the best written and most helpful that I have come across. That includes all the SH3 and 2 stuff.

A big well done and thanks.
raymond6751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-08, 01:39 PM   #33
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Raymond6751, where are you from in Canada? Over the years my wife and I have traveled throught out your vast country. From the Pacific Rim National Park to St. John's NF. Just last year, we drove the Trans Labrador highway east to Goose Bay, then south along the coast to New Foundland. Beautiful trip, Great people!!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-08, 06:32 PM   #34
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

I've tried making a Submarine Attack COurse Finder and Speed Omnimeter

(see http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...highlight=SACF)

but the menu 1024_768 file which i used to make the tools in SH3 is really quite different in SH4 (despite looking much the same)..

As a result, so far i haven't managed to get a satisfactory level of success with the project. So i guess you just build your own out of card and paper.

As for the AOB finder, in US subs that's a function of the stadimeter - but again it doesn't work in that way - you cannot manually rotate the range wheel, only the mastheight "bug" and so you cannot use it to get AOB. It wouldn't be too hard to make a separate whiz wheel that provides AOB however. Anyway, i think that US skippers preferred to practice on AOB by eye.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prientje
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prientje
Hi

is this great mod for Sh3 possible for Sh4 too...?

AOB Range finder

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...t=Range+finder
???

Why do you think it would work with SH4? The interface is totally different!
you dont understand me

i ask is it possible to make such a mod for sh4 too..
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote