SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-09-08, 11:40 AM   #31
Reise
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Old 11-09-08, 01:46 PM   #32
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Basum
ROFLMAO

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-08, 10:08 AM   #33
Murr44
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murr44
I gave up on this one because it always crashed when I'd load a saved game. Sometimes I'd get 45 minutes to an hour into the game but it would always crash at some point. I tried the mod about 4-5 times & finally uninstalled & deleted it.
Thats exactly what happened to me,but it got worse till it became unplayable,....load .....play....CTDIt wasn't the CU mod,it was a clash with the bug fix kiel mod that caused the problem,those 2 mods don't get on if setup in the wrong order,or in the wrong mod list:hmm:
Okay.:hmm: I still have the mod laying around somewhere; can anyone let me know the correct order in which this mod should enabled? I have both the AOTD-bugfix & the smaller April 26th 2.1 bugfix mods but haven't yet used the AOTD one. When starting a new career I always enable the April 26th 2.1 bugfix first.

Thanks...
Murr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-08, 12:16 PM   #34
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbear
Quote:
I gave up on this one because it always crashed when I'd load a saved game. Sometimes I'd get 45 minutes to an hour into the game but it would always crash at some point. I tried the mod about 4-5 times & finally uninstalled & deleted it.
Thats exactly what happened to me,but it got worse till it became unplayable,....load .....play....CTDIt wasn't the CU mod,it was a clash with the bug fix kiel mod that caused the problem,those 2 mods don't get on if setup in the wrong order,or in the wrong mod list:hmm:
Okay.:hmm: I still have the mod laying around somewhere; can anyone let me know the correct order in which this mod should enabled? I have both the AOTD-bugfix & the smaller April 26th 2.1 bugfix mods but haven't yet used the AOTD one. When starting a new career I always enable the April 26th 2.1 bugfix first.

Thanks...
Take out or disable the April 26th bugfix.

Enable the AOTD mod.

Enable Community ships mod.

Pray to whoever you worship that it works.

Old 11-11-08, 03:56 PM   #35
Murr44
Grey Wolf

Alright I'll give it a shot & see what happens (crosses fingers)...
Old 11-12-08, 05:16 AM   #36
Murr44
Grey Wolf

Guess I didn't pray hard enough or he didn't hear me because it didn't work.
Old 11-12-08, 05:54 AM   #37
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

What exactly did you experience....a CTD :hmm:

Old 11-12-08, 06:16 AM   #38
Murr44
Grey Wolf

Yeah I followed your advice: disabled the smaller April 26th bugfix, enabled the AOTD-AA-bugfix first then the CM mod. I didn't even get out of the harbour before it crashed. I've uninstalled & deleted the community units mod. Although I won't have the large choice of target vessels I'll have a more stable game & that's the main thing.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Last edited by Murr44; 11-12-08 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-12-08, 07:42 AM   #39
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Yeah I followed your advice: disabled the smaller April 26th bugfix, enabled the AOTD-AA-bugfix first then the CM mod. I didn't even get out of the harbour before it crashed. I've uninstalled & deleted the community units mod. Although I won't have the large choice of target vessels I'll have a more stable game & that's the main thing.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.
No prob....I'm just sorry it didn't work out

Old 11-24-08, 03:51 AM   #40
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok I tried this mod in single missions without any problems, loading time increased significantly on my single core AMD Sempron, but no CTD whatsoever. Was checking the museum with and without community ship mod to see what kind of ships has been added, but couldn't find any vessel with american flag (Iambecomelife signature) on the side of it

Damn I miss more info about this mod!!!

People who experience problems with this mod be advised that it is "double foldered" Community_units/Community units/data/...

So please make sure you're copying inner folder of this mod to MODS folder in SH3 install directory.

Still doubt this improper way of adding Community ship mod could lead to CTD. It just would not work at all.

BBW would you mind writing a short manual on how to handle this mod properly and whats new in it ? I know this was not planned to release it publically, but it happened.. So if there is no personal issues I would like to be introduced closer to it (I believe I'm not alone wishing for this).

Cheers.
Old 11-24-08, 04:57 AM   #41
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

Quote:
People who experience problems with this mod be advised that it is "double foldered" Community_units/Community units/data/...
Interresting. Have to check that!:hmm:

Actually I am experiencing CTD:s when reloading a save-at-sea in campaign mode on two of my SHIII install, both using CM.

The third one is without the CM and it´s stable.

Yes a good manual would come in handy. Among things it could describe the way the basic game should be configured in order to avoid instabilities.

This thread can be used to extract the experience from the users in order to make a good manual.

Still, those merchants are wonderful!!!!

Hope to be able to use it further on.

/OB

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-08, 05:37 AM   #42
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Just to toss my two cents in...

Can anyone tell me how to manually add each ship on the CU mod so I can merge it with the AOTD-AA-Ship-Schleuse-Bugfix? The entries listed in EnglishNames.cfg do not necessarily correspond to the folder names for each ship or the unit name in the ship's .cfg file.

Am I missing something?
Old 11-24-08, 06:44 AM   #43
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115

It should be just like adding any other ship:

The ClassName variable inside ship's own cfg file (eg:/data/sea/NKMCS_Akita/NKMCS_Akita.cfg) must match the entry inside englishname.cfg:

KMCSAkita=Whatever you want to name it (right hand side is only for display purpose)

So I do it like this:
1-) Copy the actual ship files into /data/sea folder
2-) Create corresponding entry in /data/sea/englishnames.cfg.
3-) Create/copy a roster cfg file for this ship in /data/roster/japan/ClassName.cfg

This way SH3 first checks the roster folders, gets the classname variables, then loads the ship from /data/sea, then looks for it inside englishnames.cfg.
AFAIK there must not be any duplicate ships with same classname's.

Obviously the cfg files inside /data/sea/shipname and /data/roster/country are NOT the same but they are similar, check the vanilla ships' entries for examples.

Regarding the CommunityUnits mod, I have tried adding them one by one.. There is an incompatibility somewhere, which I couldnt find. The Museum works but when you create a new Career, game CTDs. For now I uninstalled CommunityShips.
On the other hand I found the converted battleships/destroyers from SH4, Installed 20 of them at least with no apparent CTD in career or Museum.. Might try to implement community mods again, but it takes countless of hours to load/test them each...

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS

Last edited by piri_reis; 11-24-08 at 06:46 AM.
piri_reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-08, 07:21 AM   #44
mengle
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by piri_reis
It should be just like adding any other ship:

The ClassName variable inside ship's own cfg file (eg:/data/sea/NKMCS_Akita/NKMCS_Akita.cfg) must match the entry inside englishname.cfg:

KMCSAkita=Whatever you want to name it (right hand side is only for display purpose)

So I do it like this:
1-) Copy the actual ship files into /data/sea folder
2-) Create corresponding entry in /data/sea/englishnames.cfg.
3-) Create/copy a roster cfg file for this ship in /data/roster/japan/ClassName.cfg

This way SH3 first checks the roster folders, gets the classname variables, then loads the ship from /data/sea, then looks for it inside englishnames.cfg.
AFAIK there must not be any duplicate ships with same classname's.

Obviously the cfg files inside /data/sea/shipname and /data/roster/country are NOT the same but they are similar, check the vanilla ships' entries for examples.

Regarding the CommunityUnits mod, I have tried adding them one by one.. There is an incompatibility somewhere, which I couldnt find. The Museum works but when you create a new Career, game CTDs. For now I uninstalled CommunityShips.
On the other hand I found the converted battleships/destroyers from SH4, Installed 20 of them at least with no apparent CTD in career or Museum.. Might try to implement community mods again, but it takes countless of hours to load/test them each...

I add those ships manually , and some of them cause CTD in Museum, i deleted the troublemakers, but in campaign when you come close to action or harbor you have still a CTD, I think some SH IV ships for SHIII just doesn't work on some computers Sad, because i like to have them in my game
mengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-08, 07:48 AM   #45
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengle
I add those ships manually , and some of them cause CTD in Museum, i deleted the troublemakers, but in campaign when you come close to action or harbor you have still a CTD, I think some SH IV ships for SHIII just doesn't work on some computers Sad, because i like to have them in my game
Regarding imported SH4 ships, I got them from here: http://hosted.filefront.com/Maik01/2118683/
My PC is Core2duo 3Ghz, 2GB Ram, 8800GT
I tested them docked at port, sailing in convoy, museum, even torpedoed some, here's my working list so far:

Just a few neccessary tweaks (eg: for the ones that have aircraft, airgroup must be changed to FBZero; NCL_Kuma engine power increased, etc.) They work perfectly on my install, but just like the CommunityUnits, this depends on install/pc specs perhaps :hmm:

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS
piri_reis is offline   Reply With Quote