SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-20-10, 05:13 PM   #4291
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Perhaps a full reinstall is in order?
Before you undertake such serious and time consuming steps, give us a list of New UI mods you installed. Also tell us what interface you're using (SH3/4/5).

EDIT: TDW was faster.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-10, 05:24 PM   #4292
barryd
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Ok was a moron and had only downloaded the patch. Rectified that with the full mod, then applied patch over that , yet I still have the issue. I have no other mod loaded while testing this.

Some more info on what the screen looks like: There are "tan" ship commands along the left of the window. All the tutorial windows are open on top of each other and there is also an object which looks like a button. It is white circle with a big blue "U" on it. To the right is another version of the but with a white "u" on a blue circle.

Is this due to me not specifying a particular style?

The only ui im am testing with is: NewUIs_TDC_4_3_1_ByTheDarkWraith
barryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-10, 05:31 PM   #4293
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Ok was a moron and had only downloaded the patch. Rectified that with the full mod, then applied patch over that , yet I still have the issue. I have no other mod loaded while testing this.

Some more info on what the screen looks like: There are "tan" ship commands along the left of the window. All the tutorial windows are open on top of each other and there is also an object which looks like a button. It is white circle with a big blue "U" on it. To the right is another version of the but with a white "u" on a blue circle.

Is this due to me not specifying a particular style?

The only ui im am testing with is: NewUIs_TDC_4_3_1_ByTheDarkWraith
Did you unpack the mod, then browse to ITS inner MODS folder, pick up the main mod and install it (without the rest of the mods), or did you just unpack the mod and install it as a whole?
Old 09-20-10, 05:39 PM   #4294
barryd
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
Did you unpack the mod, then browse to ITS inner MODS folder, pick up the main mod and install it (without the rest of the mods), or did you just unpack the mod and install it as a whole?
Argh!! Did not do that. Will use just the main one (431 by the Dark Wraith) and try that.
Old 09-20-10, 05:45 PM   #4295
barryd
Swabbie

It got a little better. The minimap is now part of a compass if i was zoomed in 200%. Got some new buttons in the top right of the window and the tan command buttons moved to the top left of the window. But verything else stayed the same.
Old 09-20-10, 06:00 PM   #4296
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
It got a little better. The minimap is now part of a compass if i was zoomed in 200%. Got some new buttons in the top right of the window and the tan command buttons moved to the top left of the window. But verything else stayed the same.
A screenshot? And a list of installed mos, please, generated by JSGME?
Old 09-20-10, 06:13 PM   #4297
barryd
Swabbie

Not sure how to take a screenshot. And how do you get the list genereated by JGSME. I looked under tasks but didnt see an export option for all mods, just activated ones.
Old 09-20-10, 06:16 PM   #4298
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Not sure how to take a screenshot. And how do you get the list genereated by JGSME. I looked under tasks but didnt see an export option for all mods, just activated ones.
Only activated ones are of interest to us, so this is the right option.

To take a screenshot: Ctrl+F11 (will be stored in your main game folder). If this doesn't work due to bugged keyboard shortcuts, just press PrtScr on your keyboard, then switch to Paint, press Ctrl+V to paste it, save.

Then go to www.imageshack.us and read on screen instructions to upload the file. Then just give us a link to it.
Old 09-20-10, 06:30 PM   #4299
barryd
Swabbie

Quote:
Only activated ones are of interest to us, so this is the right option.

To take a screenshot: Ctrl+F11 (will be stored in your main game folder). If this doesn't work due to bugged keyboard shortcuts, just press PrtScr on your keyboard, then switch to Paint, press Ctrl+V to paste it, save.

Then go to www.imageshack.us and read on screen instructions to upload the file. Then just give us a link to it.
Activated: NewUIs_TDC_4_3_1_ByTheDarkWraith

Ok well never mind about the screenshot. It seems to be working now. Just a few restarts for everything seemed to flush the problem.

Only question now is: How do i bring up the tutorial he made for this?

Thanks for being patient and for your help Abd.
Old 09-20-10, 06:49 PM   #4300
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:

Ok well never mind about the screenshot. It seems to be working now. Just a few restarts for everything seemed to flush the problem.

There is no in game tutorial. There's only a video and some infos, links are in the first post of this thread, at the very end of the post. You shouldn't have troubles opening those, and if you do, let us know in details where you got stuck.
Old 09-20-10, 06:55 PM   #4301
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Quote:

That's weird, are you sure you have the mod loaded?
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-10, 06:58 PM   #4302
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

ran into a little problem with Automation's Navigate from file. Problem deals with calculating an offset heading to add to the sub's current heading so that the sub will head to the current/new waypoint. The waypoints are stored in a file as x,y meters from game origin (I added a new order to the nav officer's order bar that will show the sub's current position in the messagebox so that one can 'plot' a pattern/navigation). The code gets the sub's current fix as x,y meters from game origin. It then calculates the distance between the sub's fix and the current waypoint. That part is fine - distance shows perfect. The problem is this offset heading. When the sub is < 250m from the waypoint or when the half distance to the waypoint is reached it's supposed to calculate the offset to add to the current heading to keep it heading to the current/new waypoint. Something is wrong with my math and I'm not sure what it is. What would the formula be for calculating this offset given sub's current heading, current fix (x,y) and current waypoint (x,y)?? Using trig I tried using offset = atan2( fix.X - waypoint.X / fix.Y - waypoint.Y ) and adding this offset to the sub's current heading. Everything works fine as long as the waypoint is north of the sub. Any waypoints to the west or east are screwed up
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-10, 07:50 PM   #4303
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
ran into a little problem with Automation's Navigate from file. Problem deals with calculating an offset heading to add to the sub's current heading so that the sub will head to the current/new waypoint. The waypoints are stored in a file as x,y meters from game origin (I added a new order to the nav officer's order bar that will show the sub's current position in the messagebox so that one can 'plot' a pattern/navigation). The code gets the sub's current fix as x,y meters from game origin. It then calculates the distance between the sub's fix and the current waypoint. That part is fine - distance shows perfect. The problem is this offset heading. When the sub is < 250m from the waypoint or when the half distance to the waypoint is reached it's supposed to calculate the offset to add to the current heading to keep it heading to the current/new waypoint. Something is wrong with my math and I'm not sure what it is. What would the formula be for calculating this offset given sub's current heading, current fix (x,y) and current waypoint (x,y)?? Using trig I tried using offset = atan2( fix.X - waypoint.X / fix.Y - waypoint.Y ) and adding this offset to the sub's current heading. Everything works fine as long as the waypoint is north of the sub. Any waypoints to the west or east are screwed up
A wild guess - you lose a minus sign when powering. Now starting an analyze of what you wrote.
Old 09-20-10, 07:54 PM   #4304
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
A wild guess - you lose a minus sign when powering. Now starting an analyze of what you wrote.
I figured it out. Wasn't taking quadrants into account and I switched to atan vice atan2. Being able to navigate from files is working Being able to navigate search patterns and all is just about complete
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-10, 07:58 PM   #4305
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I figured it out. Wasn't taking quadrants into account and I switched to atan vice atan2. Being able to navigate from files is working Being able to navigate search patterns and all is just about complete
Ah, you spoiled the fun.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui