SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-09, 02:16 PM   #4216
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517
Uploads: 0
Bearings Tool mod

Looking for a Bearings Tool mod to work with GWX 3.0, & JSGME ready if possible. Thanks.
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-09, 07:38 AM   #4217
bielson
Nub

Downloads: 0

Ok after so many times I've got it working. All I did after another reinstallation, I left my SH3 My Documents folder untouched. And after another installation of Grey Wolves bar indeed goes to 90 % but instead CTD after 10 sec I'm in my U-boat.
Thx for tryin to solve my problem . Btw mod's great so far !!!!
bielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 02:51 AM   #4218
Otto Heinzmeir
Weps

Downloads: 2

My thanks to the entire team. This mod is awesome!
Otto Heinzmeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 11:14 AM   #4219
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bielson
Ok after so many times I've got it working. All I did after another reinstallation, I left my SH3 My Documents folder untouched. And after another installation of Grey Wolves bar indeed goes to 90 % but instead CTD after 10 sec I'm in my U-boat.
Thx for tryin to solve my problem . Btw mod's great so far !!!!
SINK EM ALL!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 11:00 AM   #4220
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@BBW or anybody

The documentation of the "GWX 3 St Naz and Schluese and other units V4" says it includes the Alternative Flotillas mod. Does this mean i have to activate the included "Alternative Flotillas" mod after the GWX 3 St Naz and Schluese mod or is it already included IN the GWX 3 St Naz and Schluese mod?

My goal is to start the war in the 7th Flottila.

Thanks, Hans.

EDIT: I think I answered my own question by enabling the Alternative Flot AFTER St Naz and Schluese. The Mod sub directory threw me for a bit.

Last edited by Uber Gruber; 02-27-09 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-27-09, 11:48 AM   #4221
Doppelgänger
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Default Menu not found 0x1aoooo8

I hope someone can help me, I don't know if I'm posting in the right thread but I installed GWX3.0 to a clean install of SH3 that was patched to 1.4b. It loads up to a full red bar but then I get the message:- Menu ID not found 0x1a00008 also the message:- There is a new (not implemented) page <Page Ingame Options> Can anyone help me to get GWX3.0 running, it looks great! Many thanks!
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 06:19 AM   #4222
ceki
Seaman

Downloads: 36
Default GWX Bibliography and Research Sources

I am quite interested in Blair Clay's books. Are this book available in pdf format to download, since there are no books from this author in my country?
ceki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 01:18 AM   #4223
Threesixtyci
Torpedoman

Downloads: 20

I'm currently downloading the torrent for GWX3.0 and I was wondering something about GWX3.0 and SH3 Commander. Are the modded files for SH3 Commander unchanged for GWX3.0? I mean, I don't have to reinstall SH3 Commander and re-overwrite files or anything like that, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehiredgun
Looking for a Bearings Tool mod to work with GWX 3.0, & JSGME ready if possible. Thanks.
Well, I can point you to a manual dial calculator that works fine enough, that is once you print it out and push pin them together.....
http://postdownload.filefront.com/73...b82c4ddf098d87

Last edited by Threesixtyci; 03-04-09 at 01:48 AM.
Threesixtyci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 09:11 PM   #4224
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threesixtyci
I'm currently downloading the torrent for GWX3.0 and I was wondering something about GWX3.0 and SH3 Commander. Are the modded files for SH3 Commander unchanged for GWX3.0? I mean, I don't have to reinstall SH3 Commander and re-overwrite files or anything like that, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehiredgun
Well, I can point you to a manual dial calculator that works fine enough, that is once you print it out and push pin them together.....
http://postdownload.filefront.com/73...b82c4ddf098d87
Thank You for the manual dial calculator.
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 11:09 PM   #4225
Threesixtyci
Torpedoman

Yeah... took me to while to find it, myself; being that the link on the tutoral for it is broken. Speaking of the tutoral webpage...

http://www.paulwasserman.net/SHIII/#...ols%20Required

--------------
As for an answer to my own question... Seems that there is an notice on the GWX webpage. That says:
"SH3 Commander Users NOTE! It will be a bit before we are able to release updated SH3 Commander Cfg files to make GWX fully compatible with that program. In the meantime you may use the Cfg files from GWX 2.1 available below. HOWEVER, PLEASE ENSURE that you run SH3 Commander WITHOUT the 'Sabotage and Malfunctions' option enabled."

But what is confusing me is the link above it that says:
SH3 Commander Config files for GWX 3.0: here

It's a bit of a contradiction....

Anyway I ended up using those files for SH3 Commander 3.2. Although, the readme file for it looks wrong to me. The install instructions say:
Please unzip the contents of this archive DIRECTLY into your SH3 Commander\Cfg folder.

But if you Unzip the file you'll find sub directories named Uboat, Fotillia and Cfg, inside. Seems to me if that's the case, I should really unzip the folders directly into the Sh3 Commander directory, and not it's \Cfg sub directory. I'm guessing the install instructions are wrong, because those 3 sub directories already exist within the main SH3Command directory.

Last edited by Threesixtyci; 03-05-09 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-06-09, 04:31 AM   #4226
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threesixtyci
Yeah... took me to while to find it, myself; being that the link on the tutoral for it is broken. Speaking of the tutoral webpage...

http://www.paulwasserman.net/SHIII/#...ols%20Required

--------------
As for an answer to my own question... Seems that there is an notice on the GWX webpage. That says:
"SH3 Commander Users NOTE! It will be a bit before we are able to release updated SH3 Commander Cfg files to make GWX fully compatible with that program. In the meantime you may use the Cfg files from GWX 2.1 available below. HOWEVER, PLEASE ENSURE that you run SH3 Commander WITHOUT the 'Sabotage and Malfunctions' option enabled."

But what is confusing me is the link above it that says:
SH3 Commander Config files for GWX 3.0: here

It's a bit of a contradiction....

Anyway I ended up using those files for SH3 Commander 3.2. Although, the readme file for it looks wrong to me. The install instructions say:
Please unzip the contents of this archive DIRECTLY into your SH3 Commander\Cfg folder.

But if you Unzip the file you'll find sub directories named Uboat, Fotillia and Cfg, inside. Seems to me if that's the case, I should really unzip the folders directly into the Sh3 Commander directory, and not it's \Cfg sub directory. I'm guessing the install instructions are wrong, because those 3 sub directories already exist within the main SH3Command directory.
Follow the instructions as stated. There is a fourth file actually 'ship names' included with SH3 Commander........leave that one alone, you need it to complement the other three files that will overwrite their namesakes in SH3 Commander.

Old 03-06-09, 02:25 PM   #4227
Threesixtyci
Torpedoman

(I don't really remember the SH3 Commander directory structure spelling, but this will be close enough for a representation.)

I'm going to end up with this if I follow the readme instructions:
c:\Program files\Sh3Commander\Cfg\(everything is unzipped here)

Such as.....
c:\Program files\Sh3Commander\Cfg\Cfg\(unzipped filenames)
c:\Program files\Sh3Commander\Cfg\Fotilia\(unzipped filenames)
c:\Program files\Sh3Commander\Cfg\Uboat\(unzipped filenames)

It's those doubled up, Cfg\Cfg that has me doubting the readme, instructions...
Old 03-08-09, 04:21 PM   #4228
Bonfleck
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3
Default What's new in 3.0?

I'm curious if there is a page with the enhancements I will see in 3.0 as opposed to 2.1?
Bonfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 04:25 PM   #4229
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonfleck
I'm curious if there is a page with the enhancements I will see in 3.0 as opposed to 2.1?
There are plenty of referrals to the changes that were made in the manual

Old 03-08-09, 04:38 PM   #4230
Bonfleck
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

I read the Appendix E..............So is it worth it?
Bonfleck is offline   Reply With Quote